Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Its a very early date :dua:

set-oct release 

glee-santana-lopez.gif

imageproxy.jpg

28 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I don't care if they're ballads, I just need some flavour. Lana needs to understand that she can have piano ballads and still have them sound godly like Old Money... 

As annoyed as some users are over the NFR 2.0/3.0/4.0 discourse, my pet peeve is the hate for piano. In and of itself it’s a beautiful instrument and I think you bring up a good point that relates to arrangements/mixes. It would be great to see piano arrangements introduced in more clever, interesting, and innovative ways in the overall mix. I do agree that the ballads we’ve received thus far are overly simplified/reduced to piano-only (even though I love them tbh) but I look forward to hearing the ways Daddy Rick makes a sonic comeback on LDR9 :sass: 

Spoiler

:sass:

I’m still curious if the supposed Kali Uchis collab might be representative of LDR9 or a future project..or if it is/was unrelated to any album altogether:um2:

It’s getting so complicated because there are a million tentative projects:bebe:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

14415198.jpg

Lana when she hasn't used piano in 5 consecutive tracks

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

and if i see any more PIANO slander i will start a riot - direct that slander towards either lana's poor choices or j*ck ant*n*ff

I agree. It's not that piano use is bad, it's the way they used it in her most recent songs.

D.png

4 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

As annoyed as some users are over NFR 2.0/3.0/4.0 discourse, my pet peeve is the hate for piano. In and of itself it’s a beautiful instrument

she needs to take some notes from tori amos

the piano is a GREAT instrument that's also very flexible and tori has juiced a lot of stuff out of the piano from pussy popping bops to heartfelt ballad to cynical downtempo like it's all there and the piano is front and center

and if i see ANY MORE piano slander i will start a riot - direct that slander towards either lana's poor choices or j*ck ant*n*ff

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

As annoyed as some users are over the NFR 2.0/3.0/4.0 discourse, my pet peeve is the hate for piano. In and of itself it’s a beautiful instrument and I think you bring up a good point that relates to arrangements/mixes. It would be great to see piano arrangements introduced in more clever, interesting, and innovative ways in the overall mix. I do agree that the ballads we’ve received thus far are overly simplified/reduced to piano-only (even though I love them tbh) but I look forward to hearing the ways Daddy Rick makes a sonic comeback on LDR9 :sass: 

Reveal hidden contents

:sass:

I mean, don't get me wrong! I ADORE the piano, it's my favorite instrument, but it's gotten a little tiring because of the lack of flavor and creativity in the last songs she released. Like, take a moment to listen to the instrumentals, and you'll only hear the same faint 4-chord base notes playing all throughout the whole song :toofunny: 

Bartender was at least more creative and innovative :oprah3:

My problem is also the lack of catchy melodies, when it sounds like she free-styled/improvised while recording in one take. White Dress is one of her most beautiful songs, same as Arcadia. Their melodies are godly, but the rest are kinda forgettable? I still like them, but if you compare them to her older songs (even the unfinished laptop demos) :creep:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

39 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

As annoyed as some users are over the NFR 2.0/3.0/4.0 discourse, my pet peeve is the hate for piano. In and of itself it’s a beautiful instrument and I think you bring up a good point that relates to arrangements/mixe

This 100%. A lot of the artists I listen to heavily use piano, the most prominent example that comes to mind for me being Fiona Apple. Most of her songs are somewhat, if not entirely, based in piano, but they're all so intricate and clever. I'd love to hear Lana play with it a bit more and try taking risks with it because I honestly think it's a instrument that suits her voice really well. 

imageproxy.jpg

36 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

14415198.jpg

Lana when she hasn't used piano in 5 consecutive tracks

:lmao:

Ngl, I laughed irl

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

30 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

My problem is also the lack of catchy melodies, when it sounds like she free-styled/improvised while recording in one take. White Dress is one of her most beautiful songs, same as Arcadia. Their melodies are godly, but the rest are kinda forgettable? I still like them, but if you compare them to her older songs (even the unfinished laptop demos) :creep:

thiss!! IMO it's the main problem. blue banister's ballads WISH to have as strong melodic compositions as nfr's

5 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

This 100%. A lot of the artists I listen to heavily use piano, the most prominent example that comes to mind for me being Fiona Apple. Most of her songs are somewhat, if not entirely, based in piano, but they're all so intricate and clever. I'd love to hear Lana play with it a bit more and try taking risks with it because I honestly think it's a instrument that suits her voice really well. 

YESS TO THISSS!!!!!! i want you to love me and shameika use the piano SO well and creatively i'm actually trying to learn how to play them, honestly if she used the piano the same way fiona used it i would be asking for more