Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

iana we're literally here to manifest producers for the next record, try harder! :icant:

:crazy: Omg you’re right :crazy: 

OK please nobody come for me — but I actually want to see her do more with Drew Erickson! I can tell he has some piano virtuoso capabilities up his sleeve so I would love to see Lana dive more into that classical composition a bit! And I’d love to see her continue working with Zach Dawes :whatever:

after watching her insta live yesterday, I felt like she was saying she needs time to write, almost like she's in a dark spot & incapable of writing about it. so I hope she takes her time tbh. I hope she doesn't try to force it  whatever the next album is. (not referring to covers album) 

I’m fine with Lana just taking her time to do her thing and feed the chickens and make birthday cakes for a while. 

Blue Banisters was such a beautiful gift. I think for everyone taking a step back is pivotal and looking at where we are it is so important so I hope that within this pause Lana finds her next step for whatever she wants to do. 

Would be down for some more Honeymoon chats for sure tho- here and there. That was so nice of her. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

i bet the next album will be the covers album (or albums - standards, country, folk) and will be digital release first then physicals later (like folklore/evermore)

2 minutes ago, Nikkiofthelane said:

I hope all the tracks feature Nikki lane 

1 pandemic at a time please :stareney3:

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

if it's digital only then it better be full of bops to secure those streams
and i also really would like if she kinda invented a sound again like with born to die

I'm having a difficult time even imagining the sound direction she will be going in (after the covers album). It seems like she has been experimenting with her vocals more, so I do see her releasing more songs like White Dress, Black Bathing Suit, and Dealer. Maybe even more rock songs if we're lucky? :flop:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I'm still thinking of when one of her managers said "album()" coming soon and then re-shared a fan account's theory of another album being released soon in addition to BB. Yesterday in the live Lana also alluded to how knowing that she likes Harry Nilsson will be useful "later this year," but then also seemed to indicate that the covers/country album is still being worked out conceptually, so I wonder if this hint of her's about Harry is about something else coming. Unless one of his covers will be a single for the covers album? What does this mean lol 

Can't believe I haven't seen any "PLEASE bring Jack back" posts :eartha2:  (/s) (luv u jack <3)

I would LOVE a record of songs like Dealer!! but to be honest, each and every direction she goes sonically ends up being my favorite lol. I just hope we still get physicals :icant: I literally just starting collecting records last year and i need all of her work on vinyl

1 minute ago, peach perfume said:

Can't believe I haven't seen any "PLEASE bring Jack back" posts :eartha2:  (/s) (luv u jack <3)

Mr Antonoff is obviously artistically tired, sending warm wishes his way :coffee:

Can we PLEASEE have some guitars. I got so excited thinking that Zach Dawes was a primary producer for BB, but there's almost no guitars on the album. 

Less Mike Dean, less Drew Erickson and more Zach please!! 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

While I loved the piano on this album, which isn't something I can say about both 'NFR!' and 'COCC', I really want Lana to do something in a rockier vein again.

I want a psychedelic rock album and for that she should ask Neil Krug to hook her up with Kevin Parker. :true:

Honestly, I feel like we were insanely spoiled this year with COCC and BB:lange:

I would definitely not mind a long break until the next album, hopefully produced by Zach Dawes or Mike Dean because her work with them on BB is phenomenal:trisha: