Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

LFL was light-hearted? I'm a big fan of that record, with definite exceptions, but I would hardly call '13B,' 'Heroin,' 'WTWWAWWKOD,' 'Cherry,' 'IMF,'  'WM', "Change,' or 'SB' "light-hearted." 

I don't find any of Lana's albums 'light-hearted.' She has light-hearted tracks here and there, but every album is littered with darkness, with perhaps COCC being the least dark. Even a song like 'Arcadia' has some darkness. 

I'm up, however, for light-hearted Lana on LDR9, as I do like a lot of her more light-hearted songs (like 'Radio,' but definitely not 'Groupie Love') 

13 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

ipo9tJg.jpg

This photo reminds me so much of the one that was posted during Lana’s impeachment hex era

LFL 2.0 incoming:monica:

13 hours ago, Wait For Life said:

IMG_9770.png?width=965&height=676

LFL 2 confirmed!

Yeah but LFL album trailer vibes please. We never really got them on the album itself.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I agree, I really hope for an album like LFL which was really good overall. It was refreshing after the darkness of Honeymoon, the pale colors, a beach album lighter than the others and more pop. She was in a more commercial direction while keeping her universe and her magnificent singing with all that we know of her. It smelled so much like summer, the beach with a little sorcerer side. :legend:

But I think unfortunately that we will have another version of Chemtrails diluted (family work, ethereal voice, the piano, Jack, quiet life). Not that I don't like that she works as a family (I find it beautiful how she created a kind of family business where everyone has their place and can work without pressure), I know that she needs it to keep her down on Earth but I hope that one day she will break away from this family atmosphere to isolate herself to make a fiercer album with more audacity. Lana has a remarkable voice, I would love for her to try a black trip-hop album à la Portishead, shoegaze, while integrating heavy guitars like Ultraviolence, all filmed with a baroque decor and an old VHS camcorder. :worship:

Well I'm dreaming, we'll see what she comes up with, she seems to really love life since she got closer to her family... :flutter:

Well let's forget about Patty who doesn't seem to be included or interested. :biblio:

11 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I agree, I really hope for an album like LFL which was really good overall. It was refreshing after the darkness of Honeymoon, the pale colors, a beach album lighter than the others and more pop. She was in a more commercial direction while keeping her universe and her magnificent singing with all that we know of her. It smelled so much like summer, the beach with a little sorcerer side. :legend:

quite the take :creep:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, bigspender said:

quite the take :creep:

really :wtf:

lust for life was almost like eating a fat soaked floppy french fry with no flavor after the 5 course organic free range meal that was honeymoon

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, avenue said:

really :wtf:

lust for life was almost like eating a fat soaked floppy french fry with no flavor after the 5 course organic free range meal that was honeymoon

the fact that they compared it to honeymoon…… i’m lowkey nauseous

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, bigspender said:

the fact that they compared it to honeymoon…… i’m lowkey nauseous

comparing her best album (godneymoon) to her worst album (lust for flop) and saying that LFL is worse than HM

worms

The lust for life hate is so old it’s been 5 years now we get it :yawn:

maybe the people who don’t appreciate it just don’t get it :blush3:

kidding kidding 

I really have no expectations for LDR9 yet other than ‘better than blue banisters’ and until she posts some snippets that’s where I’m gonna stay. WCE’s lyrics really felt more like the Lana I love so I’m hoping she goes more that direction 

"Don’t forget me"

43 minutes ago, avenue said:

comparing her best album (godneymoon) to her worst album (lust for flop) and saying that LFL is worse than HM

worms

I've never compared the two here, I've only said which I preferred. I don't think they're much alike in any way. Honeymoon is more of a single piece, and LFL is like a smorgasbord offering a little bit of everything, a LDR sampler.  

16 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I've never compared the two here, I've only said which I preferred. I don't think they're much alike in any way. Honeymoon is more of a piece, and LFL is like a smorgasbord offering a little bit of everything, a LDR sampler.  

yeah LFL isn’t necessarily bad but it’s not her best work especially when it’s not much of a work and more of a physically packaged playlist 

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

Y‘all are confusing Lust for Life (album) with lustforlife (user). Neither of them is a masterpiece :true:

fixed it!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

fixed it!

1 minute ago, avenue said:

facts :true:

I know that signals crossing can get confusing, but one day you‘ll understand 

lana-del-rey-love.gif

1 minute ago, COCC said:

I know that signals crossing can get confusing, but one day you‘ll understand 

lana-del-rey-love.gif

if any of them is a masterpiece it's @lustforlife period (and even then :wtf:)

gentle reminder that 13 beaches, heroin & get free is only 20% of the album x

Just now, avenue said:

if any of them is a masterpiece it's @lustforlife period (and even then :wtf:)

gentle reminder that 13 beaches, heroin & get free is only 20% of the album x

lustforlife period? :wtf3:

Istg everytime a record gets dragged here I go back, listen to it and become obsessed again. I‘ve been listening to COCC the whole last week, guess this week it‘s going to be LFL :sass:

Just now, COCC said:

lustforlife period? :wtf3:

Istg everytime a record gets dragged here I go back, listen to it and become obsessed again. I‘ve been listening to COCC the whole last week, guess this week it‘s going to be LFL :sass:

i’m dropping out of this disagreement of opinions masquerading as an argument i don’t have the energy right now :madge:

LFL is a misunderstood journey through different sounds and feelings. A true transition album from Lana's older sounds to her newer gentler approach. I think some insider suggested that the new album is a transition album so maybe it's like LFL but reversed. Starting gentle and moving towards something more bombastic by the end. A rediscovery of the fire inside :illumilana2:

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

LFL is a misunderstood journey through different sounds and feelings. A true transition album from Lana's older sounds to her newer gentler approach. I think some insider suggested that the new album is a transition album so maybe it's like LFL but reversed. Starting gentle and moving towards something more bombastic by the end. A rediscovery of the fire inside :illumilana2:

manifesting :hype:

"Don’t forget me"