Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I guess it makes sense that Rob lives in the studio now if he's indeed pretty involved in LDR9 cause I'm not trying to downplay his talent and please correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like he's a professional pianist or a musical producer so it makes sense that he's putting in extra work to make something great for Lana. 

There's also the possibility that he's not writing anything himself and he's just playing the piano on some of the songs (which would be a sweet detail to have on her album:crying4:)

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I guess it makes sense that Rob lives in the studio now if he's indeed pretty involved in LDR9 cause I'm not trying to downplay his talent and please correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like he's a professional pianist or a musical producer so it makes sense that he's putting in extra work to make something great for Lana. 

There's also the possibility that he's not writing anything himself and he's just playing the piano on some of the songs (which would be a sweet detail to have on her album:crying4:)

besides the piano i lowkey feel like jack or laura might be teaching rob how to work a mixing board

he's obviously not gonna become the next markus dravs or dan auerbach but he seems to have an interest so why not learn?

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

im just glad she's taking time to work on this album without confining herself to an impossible date :pout: like that shit got so annoying with both WHFCOCC and RCSBB and in retrospect you can kinda tell they were rushed like COCC is only 11 tracks and features a 2017 song and a cover, and BB is filled with 2014 demos and reworks :eek: I just want another fully fledged conceptual experience like her albums up through NFR! where the tracks all feel connected and easily identifiable as a part of this singular album within her discography :true:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I feel like cocc and bb were albums in the headspace of the pandemic, but I feel like this album is being created in a different mindset…..I’m expecting fun 

……..idk contemplating god(Lana)

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

5 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I feel like cocc and bb were albums in the headspace of the pandemic, but I feel like this album is being created in a different mindset…..I’m expecting fun 

welp contemplating some more and realizing that cocc was recorded alongside NFR so I’m a dumbass but it was bundled during the pandemic so…..sigh never mind I think the vinyl is going to be pink 

55 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Bold was the waitress 

Is this supposed to be sung with the BPBP opening melody? :hide:

5 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I'm 80% sure this next album is going to be more upbeat and "fun" that the past 2 ones. I agree with what you just said. Between the pandemic, all the controversies, her wanting to tell her story etc I feel she didn't let herself have fun with the music this time and that's why the production is minimal so the lyrics are the main focus. 

The inclusion of The Trio on BB makes me relieved that she's still loves her bops :creepna: 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Is this supposed to be sung with the BPBP opening melody? :hide:

I'm 80% sure this next album is going to be more upbeat and "fun" that the past 2 ones. I agree with what you just said. Between the pandemic, all the controversies, her wanting to tell her story etc I feel she didn't let herself have fun with the music this time and that's why the production is minimal so the lyrics are the main focus. 

The inclusion of The Trio on BB makes me relieved that she's still loves her bops :creepna: 

I want bops too (and everything else cause I love her fucking ballads) but pleasssseeeeeeeeee no more trap I BEG leave that for 2015-2018 

Do you all know 'She Devil' by Natalie Merchant? It's an outtake from her 'Ophelia' album, though why it was cut I'll never understand. Listen on YouTube; the great studio version is 5:56. It sounds something like 'Honeymoon,' the song, and has horns. I'd love for some of LDR9 or the Standards album to sound like it---a slow burn. 

Also: I'd love to see Lana tackle, as a cover, Timi Yuro's obscure but brilliant and passionate song 'Interlude' from the 1968 film of the same name. Youtube has the great 3:19 version available in good quality. Yuro was an Italian-American singer, and the song was written by late Georges Delerue, who is right up there with Ennio Morricone in my book. 

Maybe Rob is producing? (joke) 

16 hours ago, avenue said:

good luck :awkney2:

15 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

i know :crying5: its going to be actual hell at first but at least i wont be in the midwest anymore :sass:

What‘s so bad about Arizona or the Midwest? Non-American asking :crying5:

22 minutes ago, avenue said:

it's hot

got it, thank you :bebe:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

edit: sorry for interrupting the discussion. Rob is again or still in the studio omg