bff

Addison Rae

57 minutes ago, angel with an attitude said:

i hate the word ‘cover’ in terms like these… its a purchased demo. there was no released song to cover. why do you think gaga was able to keep telephone? cuz britney passed on the label purchased demo…

For real! If anything, Gaga's version is just as much of a 'cover' as Addison's because she literally… didn't write it :toofloppy:

Fun fact: "Nothing On (But the Radio)" was also pitched many years ago to Natalia Kills/Teddy Sinclair 😳 but she usually doesn't take other peoples' demo pitches— which is probably why it wasn't ever released by her… 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

14 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

For real! If anything, Gaga's version is just as much of a 'cover' as Addison's because she literally… didn't write it :toofloppy:

Fun fact: "Nothing On (But the Radio)" was also pitched many years ago to Natalia Kills/Teddy Sinclair 😳 but she usually doesn't take other peoples' demo pitches— which is probably why it wasn't ever released by her… 

omg i didnt know that, that wouldve been an insaneeee song of hers… </3

6-F87-F61-F-CE27-4-F20-BDDE-3780-E83-FE9

2 hours ago, FkaTwinks said:

why are people getting so fussy about the claim that it's a Gaga cover when it's literally a fan-favorite Gaga leak from 2010 that was meant for her, was cut from Born This Way and then narrowly missed the mark for ARTPOP; there are clips of her playing it to fans in her car, and it was well-known to the extent that there's a RuPaul interview where she says her favorite Gaga song aside from Fashion! is Nothing On (But the Radio)

it's a Gaga cover

qfrWuBl.png

2 hours ago, FkaTwinks said:

why are people getting so fussy about the claim that it's a Gaga cover when it's literally a fan-favorite Gaga leak from 2010 that was meant for her, was cut from Born This Way and then narrowly missed the mark for ARTPOP; there are clips of her playing it to fans in her car, and it was well-known to the extent that there's a RuPaul interview where she says her favorite Gaga song aside from Fashion! is Nothing On (But the Radio)

it's a Gaga cover

not how that works actually! hope this helps!

this is like me saying same old love and rare by selena gomez are charli xcx covers

I've been rooting for Addison ever since Obsessed came out! The whole internet was dogpiling on her so hard back then :(  

It took me awhile to warm up to I Got It Bad's new production (I'm so used to the demo that leaked) but it's growing on me. Also, I wish they kept the original second verse on 2 Die 4— maybe could've placed it before/after Charli's?

Nonetheless this whole EP is still pretty good, I just wish it had more songsssss lol. Hoping for a deluxe with more of the leaked tracks if she's not putting them on her next project!!!!!

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

According to her latest insta post she tried putting this ep out to make these songs justice and move on to the next chapter (new album + new songs??). We still lost a lot of gems but im happy she could get the best ones out in the world + I love the fact that she acknowledged the leaks publicly