Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

that's always how it happens. Either a reliable insider, a random user from a different forum, or a brand new account here is the one to break the news. Every single time there is 'active insiders' here, 99% of what they say falls flat.

Yep exactly! I just hope something comes soon, I know we were spoiled last year with Chemtrails and BB and I'm not expecting an album to come this month or next, but I'd love for a single or an album title...or cover. Just anything :crai:

6 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Don't worry! Head dollie will be back first thing tomorrow with a very sound and logical explanation on why Lana didn't announce ,and then they'll give us another, more correct, date.

:lange: ...and then the cycle continues.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

37 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

If you could magically make LDR9 sound like one of her other albums (just one, don't dollie your way into UV+HM) which one would you choose?

I’m inclined to say Honeymoon, particularly with the production of songs like Swan Song, MTWBT, GKIT, and TBD:smokes:

As intricate and cinematic as the instrumentals are, I feel like they have also have a degree of subtlety that would pair well with her more intimate vocals and songwriting as of late. 

Now, if I had to pick a specific song (rather than an entire record), I’d probably pick Ride or Born To Die; they’re grandiose, warm yet heartbreaking, and have enough pop sensibilities to be playable regardless of my mood:true: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Random but if people start looking through her website again, can we put the (potential) album art/significant info in a spoiler?

I don’t want another COCC incident…:bebe:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Lana has referenced HM a lot lately. Some of you speculated that this could possibly lead to the soundscape of LDR9/10 being somewhat similar to it. Still I'm leaning towards the idea that instead of the sound it will focus on the topics of Honeymoon - the idea of the past, present and future as interchangeable and how everything leads to one end. Aka Burnt Norton. Discuss.

D.png

21 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Don't worry! Head dollie will be back first thing tomorrow with a very sound and logical explanation on why Lana didn't announce ,and then they'll give us another, more correct, date.

It’s giving qanon for me

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

I'm going to bed guys, if something Dolly happens wake me up:w8ing:

you'll be getting your 8 hours because nothing will happen :awkney:

sleep well sweetie :clapback:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

While we were waiting for an announcement, Lana was watching instagram edits of Billie Eilish and Jesse Rutherford:toofunny:

lana while she's lying in bed watching reality tv while eating oreo cookies checking this thread just to see that we're all convinced that she's announcing something today because of a fake insider

Angry Old Woman GIFs | Tenor

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

Still I'm leaning towards the idea that instead of the sound it will focus on the topics of Honeymoon - the idea of the past, present and future as interchangeable and how everything leads to one end. Aka Burnt Norton. Discuss.

I would love this, honestly. I love when she weaves in her educational background and interest in philosophy/metaphysics (which often centers around time), and Burnt Norton - Interlude is one of my favorite uses of this.

I’d love to see something similar on LDR9. I’d adore an existential-centered track given how much of her art has focused on youth—almost like something akin to Fleetwood Mac’s Landslide. We‘ve gotten tastes of it on songs like Venice Bitch (getting older, watching the neighborhood kids, etc.), but I’d love to see her fully embrace that theme for a track…or multiple:true:

(I also think she would absolutely KILL a cover of A Pirate Looks At 40 by Jimmy Buffett after hearing If I Die Young, but I realize that’s probably a severely unpopular opinion.)

Sylvia Plath 

Okay since we’re in a drought right now I’ll post this. My phone widget glitched for my music which basically means this next album is going to be 2000s rock and ultra. Lots of guitar. Also i definitely do NOT listen to this song ever and have no idea how it got in my phone:kiss:A9-F67093-8730-4920-9-E03-A3-FB6-C6-C448 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

Just now, For K said:

Okay since we’re in a drought right now I’ll post this. My phone widget glitched for my music which basically means this next album is going to be 2000s rock and ultra. Lots of guitar. Also i definitely do NOT listen to this song ever and have no idea how it got in my phone:kiss:A9-F67093-8730-4920-9-E03-A3-FB6-C6-C448 

lustforlife hacked into your phone and added this song to your playlist in order to troll you :oprah3:

but yeah, a creepy and edgy mixture of 2000s pop-punk and ultraviolence is coming :pray:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123