Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

besides the born to die title track, has lana ever released music in december that wasn’t for a movie? for some reason if she ever has it’s slipping my mind, but other than BTD and Big Eyes i don’t think she’s put music any other music out so close to the end of the year

It’s a bad time to be releasing music

Just now, lilac heaven said:

besides the born to die title track, has lana ever released music in december that wasn’t for a movie? for some reason if she ever has it’s slipping my mind, but other than BTD and Big Eyes i don’t think she’s put music any other music out so close to the end of the year

i just thought of this after reading this and there were a few i could've sworn were released in december but were actually released in january so... it might be the only thing :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

It’s a bad time to be releasing music

exactly, that’s why i don’t think she’s coming before the end of 2022… literally nobody releases the week of thanksgiving or the last 2 weeks of the year, which gives us about a 3 week window for her to put something out if she’s coming before 2023. if she is releasing soon i think the second week of next year would be a lot more realistic

11 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

exactly, that’s why i don’t think she’s coming before the end of 2022… literally nobody releases the week of thanksgiving or the last 2 weeks of the year, which gives us about a 3 week window for her to put something out if she’s coming before 2023. if she is releasing soon i think the second week of next year would be a lot more realistic

pov: lana releases the saddest shit ever in christmas friday 23th December

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

The poetry album isn’t classed as music so it cannot count as a 10th album, regardless of what Lana says. She can’t change how things are categorised she isn’t that powerful lol  she can say it’s her 10th piece of released works. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

The poetry album isn’t classed as music so it cannot count as a 10th album, regardless of what Lana says. She can’t change how things are categorised she isn’t that powerful lol  she can say it’s her 10th piece of released works. 

idk i mean i would definitely classify it as music, it’s just a different kind of music. in my head violet is still just kind of separated from the rest of her discography so the upcoming album still feels like LDR9 to me, but with the logic that spoken word over instrumentals isn’t music, then what is ambient music? hell what is rap music? lana is proud enough of violet to consider it a studio album, so even if we don’t necessarily agree with that or think of the album in that way, i don’t think it’s fair to say that she can’t choose where it sits in her own discography

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I feel like the word album is such a dated term. Lana’s albums are bodies of work/art, why would Violet be considered less of an album than her others? She still put her soul into it for many years, plus it has original music in it. If she considers it her favorite album/project, then why wouldn’t fans respect that? 

1 minute ago, TropicoHeart said:

I feel like the word album is such a dated term. Lana’s albums are bodies of work/art, why would Violet be considered less of an album than her others? She still put her soul into it for many years, plus it has original music in it. If she considers it her favorite album/project, then why wouldn’t fans respect that? 

I agree. Plus if she herself wants to consider Violet her 9th album/body of work that’s completely fair 

"Don’t forget me"

10 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

idk i mean i would definitely classify it as music, it’s just a different kind of music. in my head violet is still just kind of separated from the rest of her discography so the upcoming album still feels like LDR9 to me, but with the logic that spoken word over instrumentals isn’t music, then what is ambient music? hell what is rap music? lana is proud enough of violet to consider it a studio album, so even if we don’t necessarily agree with that or think of the album in that way, i don’t think it’s fair to say that she can’t choose where it sits in her discography

I think the issue is that it’s just not down to her, how it’s categorised depends on the label,  retailer and publishers.  So if it were to be a 10th album then it should be listed as such by her label and retailers.  I have no idea how they categorise something as music vs poetry album.  Because it’s a book, it has an audiobook release…many audio books also have music in the background. So i guess that’s why it’s not enough for it to be considered music? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Yeah if something is coming this year she's definetly releasing this coming week cause after that point is holiday season only :delish: 

There's Christmas music everywhere already :eartha:

At least the wait between stuff will be short if it all starts next year tho... but I still want a little taste :icant:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Yeah if something is coming this year she's definetly releasing this coming week cause after that point is holiday season only :delish: 

There's Christmas music everywhere already :eartha:

At least the wait between stuff will be short if it all starts next year tho... but I still want a little taste :icant:

what if we're getting the Lana Del Christmas album :ma:
lead single "(My Pussy Tastes Like) Egg Nog" out December 24th :ma:

54 minutes ago, For K said:

Does anybody have a quick list of the producers we suspect to be on this next album? I'm sure it's somewhere in here but I don't wanna go searching for it. 

Some of the famous ones are out of the album.

There’s the one on rockefeller and Jack probably have one track or another.

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

what if we're getting the Lana Del Christmas album :ma:
lead single "(My Pussy Tastes Like) Egg Nog" out December 24th :ma:

I’ll try to find eggnog here in Brazil to drink while I listen to this EDM x Jazz banger. Some of that christmas-esque sound on how to disappear will be on it too.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:59 AM, Super Movie said:

A wordy and angry album with the aesthetic of the W magazine shoot would be right up my alley tbh :true:

the album release would be right up my alley tbh 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

2 minutes ago, marryingkind said:

I’ll try to find eggnog here in Brazil to drink while I listen to this EDM x Jazz banger. Some of that christmas-esque sound on how to disappear will be on it too.

it's not that special it's basically just slightly thicker milk that has a cinnamony flavor

moving back on topic so elle doesn't move this to the other thread, i don't think we're getting anything in december :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

it's not that special it's basically just slightly thicker milk that has a cinnamony flavor

moving back on topic so elle doesn't move this to the other thread, i don't think we're getting anything in december :oprah3:

My prediction has always been announcement before 2023, release around March :hype: I'm still confident in this timeline.

57 minutes ago, For K said:

Does anybody have a quick list of the producers we suspect to be on this next album? I'm sure it's somewhere in here but I don't wanna go searching for it. 

Drew Erickson and Jack Antonoff are the only confirmed ones. There's also that Ian guy but I think we couldn't find who he was so maybe he's not a producer but some music engineer from their teams? 

Jon Batiste could also be a producer but we still don't know his actual contribution to the album... but he's semiconfirmed too.

Rick hinted about being on the album (maybe in the form of an outtake/unreleased).

Then we have just speculation of Zach coming back (for a new song or another TLSP outtake) and Gabe Simons since they worked together in the last album (and the Summertime cover)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

My prediction has always been announcement before 2023, release around March :hype: I'm still confident in this timeline.

Me too. Announcing an album rn does not seems as a good idea tbh