Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

if she considers violet an album, then it's an album. idk what's so hard to fathom you guys :bebe:

anywho i've been thinking about fjm saying lana's coming "sooner than expected" and i want to believe it's coming around jan-feb-march idk it's such an ldrx period :sluttybunny:

3 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Do people here prefer a cohesive album with a single producer or albums that have a variety of producers? LDR9 seems to be the latter with likely 3-5 producers :dua:

aka was the only album with a single producer, and honeymoon and chemtrails have only a maximum of three, so I prefer less. 3-5 seems not a lot compared to btd, uv, lfl, nfr and bb with a minimum of 8, but also some of this sound cohesive.

56 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

aka was the only album with a single producer, and honeymoon and chemtrails have only a maximum of three, so I prefer less. 3-5 seems not a lot compared to btd, uv, lfl, nfr and bb with a minimum of 8, but also some of this sound cohesive.

with that "automatic" singing, the question is: Will Lana Del Rey be the ONLY producer someday? 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, drugsdesire said:

if she considers violet an album, then it's an album. idk what's so hard to fathom you guys :bebe:

anywho i've been thinking about fjm saying lana's coming "sooner than expected" and i want to believe it's coming around jan-feb-march idk it's such an ldrx period :sluttybunny:

FJM only confirmed he was on the album. The « sooner than expected » comment was added by a fan account, from what I gathered. 

This is also why I love Lana: She defies and transcends and destroys maths :godlaugh::illumilana:

I don’t know how to count her albums anymore but it’s nothing new. I remember that Interscope considered Norman as her 6th album and a neverending debate went on about Paradise being an EP or a regular album and how to count them. And now we have Violet to complicate things.
The new album will determine if I count Violet as an album, I guess. My first impression of the album is that it is very lyrically challenging, like poetry. 

So the lyrics we know so far are: 

When I look back tracing fingertips over plastic bags I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two 

Rockefeller, my umbrella , God I love you baby , Storyteller  / sorry to or whatever the actual lyrics will be:bebe:

Spoiler

"You wanted me to be sad and I ended up sad because it was the only way for you to stay with me"

Spilled by the guy the fandom scared away  right ?:bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

So SOTB got released,  Weyes released her album , Chuck bday is over,  xmas is a bit over a month away,  Lana there is now nothing in the way to announce or release something:mj2:

This is gonna be the week :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i agree with you at the same time, realistically thinking, we're getting an upgraded version of Blue Banisters and theres no chance that we won't have pianos there's not a record of her that don't have piano tracks

That’s what I’ve been thinking. And it’s my second least favorite album by her💀

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

with that "automatic" singing, the question is: Will Lana Del Rey be the ONLY producer someday? 

I’d love to see that

Guys do we have any update post about everything we know/speculated so far about this era? I saw that post pages ago but lost track of it

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

So SOTB got released,  Weyes released her album , Chuck bday is over,  xmas is a bit over a month away,  Lana there is now nothing in the way to announce or release something:mj2:

This is gonna be the week :trisha:

My exact thoughts... except the fact that this week's post is going to be the Thanksgiving one :bebe:

giphy.gif

This will be one of the longest dry spells, right? Even 2018 and 2020 were more pleasant. At the same time we have indications that an album could be ready. I just don't know what's worse, waiting for the first single now, or waiting for the album after that, knowing roughly how good it might sound. :crying5:

12 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

My exact thoughts... except the fact that this week's post is going to be the Thanksgiving one :bebe:

Well I forgot about Thanksgiving:stareney2:

Maybe next week then

OiUHEXQ.jpg

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

This will be one of the longest dry spells, right? Even 2018 and 2020 were more pleasant. At the same time we have indications that an album could be ready. I just don't know what's worse, waiting for the first single now, or waiting for the album after that, knowing roughly how good it might sound. :crying5:

In 2018 we got MAC and VB. In 2020 we got... LMLYLAW and Qftc. And this year we got WCE and Buddy’s Rendezvous.

It's hard picking :delish:

But yeah the fact that we know an album is coming without all the fake dates and stuff from other eras will make the wait worth even if this year was a slow one

giphy.gif

i know the discussion is over but i feel like there are 3 correct ways to count lana's albums.

first there is her official studio albums which includes aka but not paradise & violet which makes her upcoming album ldr9.

second there is her major label releases (the way lana counts them) which includes paradise & violet but not aka which makes her upcoming album ldr10. 

lastly there is the complete way which includes aka, paradise & violet which would make her upcoming album ldr11.

i see all these ways as valid but i usually tend to lean towards the way lana counts them just bc it is her art. but regardless of how you count her albums, we can all agree it is iconic that no one quite knows how to count them & it will probably continue to get even more confusing in the future. plus we all know ldr9/10/11/? is gonna be amazing so who really cares

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Just going off of what Dragon Whore said about the album having a northern country pastoral cult-esque vibe. I want the visuals to be weird and glamorous but the way Lana does it now, where some of it is fake jewellery, the charm of the items has somewhat faded, there's maybe poisoned peonies in all her vases and she may still be singing from her back porch but it's dramatic it's fuller it's something more than what we may have heard before.

Be kind, this is my first attempt at a moodboard here.

6WwkpAE.jpg

24 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This Friday, something big 

66f75c2284e422532405f20f9bff0226.gif

Black Friday Lana-Palooza all vinyls have been reprinted including the UO Ultraviolence vinyl and LFL heart vinyl. New single out and brand new merch :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

7 minutes ago, For K said:

Black Friday Lana-Palooza all vinyls have been reprinted including the UO Ultraviolence vinyl and LFL heart vinyl. New single out and brand new merch :true:

lyric book and heart necklace restock with her new perfume line out next week :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23