BubblegumBitch

Lana's song not on A$AP Rocky's album...

well he collabs with skrillex which i did not see coming

lol call up skrillez and that fairy bitch, florist and tha machine or whateva. Unpredictable :creep:

I'm sorry, I can see you're a fan and he's not bad but god is he dumb as rocks.

Skrillex could have been replaced with Lana :xtina:

lol call up skrillez and that fairy bitch, florist and tha machine or whateva. Unpredictable :creep:

I'm sorry, I can see you're a fan and he's not bad but god is he dumb as rocks.

Skrillex could have been replaced with Lana :xtina:

aww he's not bright but he's sweet. you should see the nardwuar interview with asap mob, such a qt.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

why don't you do your research before making such outlandish statements? A$AP Rocky has been working with ASAP Mob since 2007, his debut mixtape came out in 2011 and was extremely well reviewed. If anything A$AP brought Lana more attention from devoted hip-hop fans who would otherwise not listen to her. He has always had a lot of respect from the hip-hop community and to say that he owes his success to lana is frankly a little insulting.

damn gurl. I was just trying to have an opinion and mess around. Props to Lana AND A$AP doe  :smokes3:

god knows I tried

He wasn't as popular as he is now. Look at his youtube vids they tripled after he was in national anthem. Not saying that no one knew him but look at him now he's #4 on Itunes Albums people actually know  his name. He started becoming popular after national anthem  :judgingu:  :judgingu:

why don't you do your research before making such outlandish statements? A$AP Rocky has been working with ASAP Mob since 2007, his debut mixtape came out in 2011 and was extremely well reviewed. If anything A$AP brought Lana more attention from devoted hip-hop fans who would otherwise not listen to her. He has always had a lot of respect from the hip-hop community and to say that he owes his success to lana is frankly a little insulting.

How about they both gave each other a lot of popularity and exposure from both sides, and we all kiss and make up?  :ohno:

14417469274.gif

How about they both gave each other a lot of popularity and exposure from both sides, and we all kiss and make up?  :ohno:

That is the point of collabs in the end anyway.

Plus, Lana finds him sexy :brows:

The Pitchfork interview snippet (posted earlier by burninparadise) says the leaked track was not the intended one, but rather a bad version of it. But if  "My Bitch" really existed, and it was more in the style of AR's debut release (without the "cliched shit"), why wouldn't he have released it just to counter the leak?  I'm thinking "My Bitch" is actually quite a bit like the leaked version, but he just couldn't make it fit his sense of the album. 

If Ridin is like My Bitch here are some idle speculations about why he may have felt awkward about it (based on about 2 listens of AR's release) :

AR and LDR have significant rap parts in Ridin, whereas on the rest of AR's album other female "featured-artists" appear only as backing vocals/choruses/vocal beats. In contrast, featured male rappers actually get to rap (I think). Would this be giving LDR too prominent a role in the hip hop community?

Ridin is happier (and cutesier) than most of AR's album (ironic given LDR's sadcore reputation).

The song has a Kreayshawn catch phrase in AR's part  ("one big room full of bad bitches", see Gucci Gucci and Bumpin  Bumpin). Maybe he regrets that, although the nod to Kreay, given LDR's prominent rap, makes the song seem like a nod to female rapping in general (a good thing, imo).

His release was pretty good without Ridin. But he should let Ridin go for a future LDR release. To my ears, it sounds mostly like her anyway.

The Pitchfork interview snippet (posted earlier by burninparadise) says the leaked track was not the intended one, but rather a bad version of it. But if  "My Bitch" really existed, and it was more in the style of AR's debut release (without the "cliched shit"), why wouldn't he have released it just to counter the leak?  I'm thinking "My Bitch" is actually quite a bit like the leaked version, but he just couldn't make it fit his sense of the album. 

If Ridin is like My Bitch here are some idle speculations about why he may have felt awkward about it (based on about 2 listens of AR's release) :

AR and LDR have significant rap parts in Ridin, whereas on the rest of AR's album other female "featured-artists" appear only as backing vocals/choruses/vocal beats. In contrast, featured male rappers actually get to rap (I think). Would this be giving LDR too prominent a role in the hip hop community?

Ridin is happier (and cutesier) than most of AR's album (ironic given LDR's sadcore reputation).

The song has a Kreayshawn catch phrase in AR's part  ("one big room full of bad bitches", see Gucci Gucci and Bumpin  Bumpin). Maybe he regrets that, although the nod to Kreay, given LDR's prominent rap, makes the song seem like a nod to female rapping in general (a good thing, imo).

His release was pretty good without Ridin. But he should let Ridin go for a future LDR release. To my ears, it sounds mostly like her anyway.

I think he was just reeally pissed about the leak and he didn`t want to put anything on the album that people have already kinda heard before.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It's just what he said : 

"THAT RIDIN SONG WITH ME N LANA IZ NOT OFFICAL, ITS NOT MY REAL LYRICS , THAT WAZ A REFERENCE , THE KICK DRUMS CAN SUCK MY DICK!!!! MY BARZ ARE WACK AF ON THAT SONG BRUH, THAT WAZ A FREESTYLE REFERENCE AND THEY KNOW DAT, FUCK THE KICK DRUMS!!! I CARE ABOUT MY CRAFT TOO MUCH TO GIVE THE PPL GARBAGE LIKE THAT, SMH"

That's it. He has pushed back the release of his album several times because he wanted the production to be perfect, he will never release a song with such a poor quality.

LOL @ the hate...

I think amidst the speculation in this thread, one thing is certain: The Kick Drums can suck Rocky's dick, bruh. In all caps, of course. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I've been thinking about this collab a lot recently.

Anyone remember that Radio 1 interview where Professor Green asked Lana to do a song with him and she agreed as long as no other girls featured on the album? Why did she agree to do a song with A$AP when he has a few female artists on his album?

20r46kx.jpg

Anyone remember that Radio 1 interview where Professor Green asked Lana to do a song with him and she agreed as long as no other girls featured on the album? Why did she agree to do a song with A$AP when he has a few female artists on his album?

It really surprised me when she asked this of him, I mean that's a hell of an ask! I wouldn't blame him if he refused.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

It really surprised me when she asked this of him, I mean that's a hell of an ask! I wouldn't blame him if he refused.

I was a bit surprised too tbh, it was a bit diva-ish wasn't it haha! I can kinda see where she's coming from though

20r46kx.jpg

I don't think he would have ever considered doing that. He loves them bad bitches...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I've just read an itw of Rocky for "Les Inrocks", he talked a bit about the collab :

"I am disappointed as regards Ridin', a song recorded with Lana Del Rey whose unfinished version has leaked on the Internet. The lyrics did not correspond to the definitive text. In these conditions it was better to forget it."