Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

18 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Banks, Caroline Polachek, Lily Allen, Allie X: hey wanna collab?

Marina: no one wants to collab with me

Fuck BANKS collab would be EPIC.
Caroline would be a killer as well, Allie X would be really fun, Mitski would be a perfect match with their lyrics and guitars.

Now, one thing I really want to see in a future is a brand new Charli collab. Just Desserts is bad imo, thinking about Marina featuring in a Pop2/Charli style song would be a dream.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, veinsineon said:

Probably riddled with malware then :biblio:

can’t trust dbree anymore

i didn't see any problems w the one i downloaded, i just had to manually add the .wav extension and then it was fine

9ISvyf0.gif

5 hours ago, vrtvie said:

Banks, Caroline Polachek, Lily Allen, Allie X: hey wanna collab?

Marina: no one wants to collab with me

The way that all of those would be killer collabs :defeated:

But especially Lily Allen. I feel like they have such a similar way of writing, I don't know how it hasn't happened yet.

自由になる自由がある

just desserts hits different when you're a petty filled bitch tho :typewriter:

anyways, i'd really love to see her and lily allen collab. lily is one of my lowkey favs

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I'm actually very surprised she hasn't collaborated with Lily Allen yet. Lily's been very vocal about wanting to collaborate w/ Marina, even tweeting her about it on occasion. I just know they would make something killer together. I've also been a Lily stan for well over a decade now, and would ascend to the heavens hearing  a collaboration w her & another one of my faves x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 hours ago, Elle said:

I'm actually very surprised she hasn't collaborated with Lily Allen yet. Lily's been very vocal about wanting to collaborate w/ Marina, even tweeting her about it on occasion. I just know they would make something killer together. I've also been a Lily stan for well over a decade now, and would ascend to the heavens hearing  a collaboration w her & another one of my faves x

I’d imagine that it’s because over the last decade Lily has gotten a reputation of being a pretty massive bitch (in Britain at least). I don’t know how true that is because I don’t keep up with her but I know that a lot of Brits don’t like her for some reason. Maybe Marina wants to avoid working with potentially problematic people? Idk

I do think their styles would mesh VERY well together tho and I’d love to hear a collab

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

20 hours ago, Roger said:

Fuck BANKS collab would be EPIC.
Caroline would be a killer as well, Allie X would be really fun, Mitski would be a perfect match with their lyrics and guitars.

Now, one thing I really want to see in a future is a brand new Charli collab. Just Desserts is bad imo, thinking about Marina featuring in a Pop2/Charli style song would be a dream.

Ngl it was a grower but it's still a cute indie-pop track <3

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

3 hours ago, urgirl said:

Does anyone know if anyone actually has Die Life?

just desserts was the epitome of wit and swagger to 13 y/o me

We, basically, have some demos/tracks

2 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

MARINA - Man's World (Stripped) / 2020.12.11 Piano version produced by James Flannigan

Eclipse tweeted ths

Oprah Well Hello Lets Celebrate That GIF - Oprah WellHelloLetsCelebrateThat  HighFive - Discover & Share GIFs

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

3 hours ago, urgirl said:

Does anyone know if anyone actually has Die Life?

just desserts was the epitome of wit and swagger to 13 y/o me

I don't think people have it because I don't think it actually exists. And even if it exists, I really think most of it was just Electra Heart early songs (If "Sex Yeah" was really an early centerpiece of the whole thing). It's kinda same thing of Britney's "Original Doll", they are just early concepts with few demos around.

Unless you're talking about "die Life" (song). Then, I think so. If people really had "Like China Dolls", "Saviour" and more going around (like Bump In the Night and Eternity\Hold Me, that we had no idea), they probably have whatever "die Life" is.

I wanted to write a really long post just praising of how iconic Electra Heart is and, like, how it was her second album and how well done the whole thing was. From the visual to the actual research around the archetypes and songs. But we all should know that by now. Stream Electra Heart and Man's World <3

9 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I’d imagine that it’s because over the last decade Lily has gotten a reputation of being a pretty massive bitch (in Britain at least). I don’t know how true that is because I don’t keep up with her but I know that a lot of Brits don’t like her for some reason. Maybe Marina wants to avoid working with potentially problematic people? Idk

I do think their styles would mesh VERY well together tho and I’d love to hear a collab

Well, wasn’t she shady when she was younger? Lol 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

10 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I feel like the british don't like Lily for being very outspoken politically.

自由になる自由がある

10 hours ago, konnichiwalski said:

I feel like the british don't like Lily for being very outspoken politically.

I just remember her being banned from the US when I was in highschool but honestly that made me look into her even more. I still only know that one smile song tho and fuck u lol 

16 hours ago, DinahLee said:

I don't think people have it because I don't think it actually exists. And even if it exists, I really think most of it was just Electra Heart early songs (If "Sex Yeah" was really an early centerpiece of the whole thing). It's kinda same thing of Britney's "Original Doll", they are just early concepts with few demos around.

Unless you're talking about "die Life" (song). Then, I think so. If people really had "Like China Dolls", "Saviour" and more going around (like Bump In the Night and Eternity\Hold Me, that we had no idea), they probably have whatever "die Life" is.

I wanted to write a really long post just praising of how iconic Electra Heart is and, like, how it was her second album and how well done the whole thing was. From the visual to the actual research around the archetypes and songs. But we all should know that by now. Stream Electra Heart and Man's World <3

why do i kinda wanna read it still... idc i love reading through electra heart praise posts