Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 11/16/2023 at 11:27 AM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

The fruit connections....wait....FROOT :excited:

Nicki dropping Pink Friday 2. Using the power of  the transitive property or  whatever, then that means since Marina had Froot,  now we're getting 'Harvest' or Froot(y) or w/e.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I'm kinda really anxious about her new music because...while the visuals for Ancient were fun and cool, I wasn't feeling the political topics and the same old oompah-oompah sounds she has been doing for million years :bebe: and considering the current political climate then I don't really know what to expect. I wasn't a really big fan of her poems too. Maybe she's taking a break from social media like she did before L+F era too, but maybe a less dramatic one?

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I'm kinda really anxious about her new music because...while the visuals for Ancient were fun and cool, I wasn't feeling the political topics and the same old oompah-oompah sounds she has been doing for million years :bebe: and considering the current political climate then I don't really know what to expect. I wasn't a really big fan of her poems too. Maybe she's taking a break from social media like she did before L+F era too, but maybe a less dramatic one?

if she sung anything more “political” i would hope it’s something she connects to herself in the same vein as girls, sex yeah!, or can’t pin me down 

in the sense that i feel she’s a better writer when it comes to self reflection and her own personal experiences to something political/societal than when she’s trying to make a broader statement on a subject with some current world topics thrown in 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

1 hour ago, Escapism said:

if she sung anything more “political” i would hope it’s something she connects to herself in the same vein as girls, sex yeah!, or can’t pin me down 

in the sense that i feel she’s a better writer when it comes to self reflection and her own personal experiences to something political/societal than when she’s trying to make a broader statement on a subject with some current world topics thrown in 

Yes exactly this is what she excels at!

honestly if I was her I would rebrand again.. has she got anything to lose? She should've just gone by Marina Diamandis to begin with, it's such a unique and pretty name and sets her apart.. that is if she really feels like she outgrew Marina & The Diamonds completely

as for her music, Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land was amazing sonically, perhaps one or two less ballads would've helped it, what she really has to tone down are the lyrics.. I haven't heard a song similar to New America before, it's got a Bond-esque vibe, but then you hear the lyrics :bebe: ADIAML was a step in the right direction sonically but lyrically she hit an all time low, I'd rather have L+F lyrics with ADIAML production if she just can't get it right like she did for her first 3 albums

I recently got into New America again but I associate pop music and politics that Marina makes with an ATRL user saying they’re “mostly vegan” to trigger 10 pages of nonsense that WOULD inspire a song like New America :(

I personally think she should go back to The Family Jewels style… Mowgli’s Road weirdness …TEn SIlVer Spoons CooMihg aFter Me! Cuckoo!  I mean she has nothing to lose anyway at this point. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I understand why people want her old sound back but I really want a new shift in her sound, something 360° really, like what Taylor did with Folklore or even Lana with Ultraviolence, something that's really different from their previous records :makeup:

url%5D

6 hours ago, Embach said:

I understand why people want her old sound back but I really want a new shift in her sound, something 360° really, like what Taylor did with Folklore or even Lana with Ultraviolence, something that's really different from their previous records :makeup:

Yes, I agree
I've been waiting for an alternative turn for years

Give me a mix of alternative/pop/art rock

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

1 minute ago, Bloody Valentine said:

Yes, I agree
I've been waiting for an alternative turn for years

Give me a mix of alternative/pop/art rock

I need an alt metal/metal pop album :suicide:

I'd like to hear her trying out jazz and blues too, I adoooooore the saxophones in Rootless

url%5D