Not in my favourite to least favourite order btw

Handmade Heaven - 9/10

Superstar - 6/10

Orange Trees - 6/10

Babie - 7/10

Enjoy Your Life - 9/10

True - 10/10

To Be Human - 11/10

End of the Earth - 8/10 (this is my least favourite tbh)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

My initial thoughts:

Production - BOPS! Very modern and pop-oriented but surprisingly I actually love it! Y'all complaining about the pop production make me laugh - Marina has always had pop production in her songs. Were y'all not around for EH????

Lyrics - Definitely some of her most simple lyrics (see "True" and "Enjoy Your Life") but honestly, there's nothing wrong with simple lyrics. I don't think Marina has tried to sell this album as being super deep or philosophical or anything so I'm totally fine with a bunch of happy, simple pop songs! But the lyrics on To Be Human and End of the Earth are incredibly full of meaning in my view.

Vocals - She's definitely singing in her higher register a lot more on this album than her past albums. I love her higher register so I don't mind, but I do miss her deeper, raspier vocals a little. Perhaps we'll see her darker, deeper vocals on FEAR? That would make sense - airy, high vocals on LOVE and deeper, darker vocals on FEAR.

Themes/messages - I know the themes are quite simple but I actually appreciate this simplicity. There is beauty in simplicity. I sense a theme of universality in these songs which is a little different to her past releases where the lyrics were more centred around her life. Here, we see Marina's lyrics becoming more inclusive and universal, centring around love:

• Love for nature - Handmade Heaven
  • Love for your home & origins - Orange Trees
  • Love for humankind - To Be Human
  • Love for a partner/lover - End of the Earth, Superstar, Baby
  • Love for yourself & your body - True
  • Love for life itself - Enjoy Your Life

Overall I am very happy! It's an incredibly life-affirming album. Sure, the lyrics are a little underwhelming on most songs, I will admit, but the production/vocals/themes are brilliant, so I can't complain! Plus, we haven't even heard FEAR yet, so it's still too early to properly judge!

ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING IN, LIVING IN THE WORLD TODAY

WE'RE UNITED BY OUR LOVE, WE'RE UNITED BY OUR PAIN 

ALL THE THINGS THAT I'VE DONE AND I'VE SEEN

STILL I DONT KNOW, I DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS

TO BE HUMAN WOOHWOOHWOOHWOOHWOOHWOOHWOOHWOOH

tenor.gif?itemid=3536046

My top 3: Handmade Heaven, Enjoy Your Life and To Be Human (with Orange Trees and True coming close after)

My least favorite has to be Superstar, which is sad because I like the lyrics and I think the song had a lot of potential but some production choices made the song sound kinda dated.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

End of the earth made me cry today. it's the best song on the record ALREADY and even might be on her top 3 songs EVER. it is a masterpiece alone omg... she did that despite all the doubts omGGGG IM SCREAMING I LOVE HEERRRRR

also my least fave is handmade heaven. superstar and orange trees are amazing. it's a proven fact that ears of the people who hate orange trees have no tolerance towards good music

End of the earth made me cry today. it's the best song on the record ALREADY and even might be on her top 3 songs EVER. it is a masterpiece alone omg... she did that despite all the doubts omGGGG IM SCREAMING I LOVE HEERRRRR

also my least fave is handmade heaven. superstar and orange trees are amazing. it's a proven fact that ears of the people who hate orange trees have no tolerance towards good music

the audacity

Anyways, here's my ranking:

Not in my favourite to least favourite order btw

Handmade Heaven - 9/10

Superstar - 6/10

Orange Trees - 6/10

Babie - 7/10

Enjoy Your Life - 9/10

True - 10/10

To Be Human - 11/10

End of the Earth - 8/10 (this is my least favourite tbh)

loreen sis that makes no sense gkdhjglsdkgfdl

I just heard True and it’s cute but the production is bland as fuck and it looks like she wanted to add some hip-hip beats to appease to the gp which idk how I feel about it

As for the rest it’s extremely subpar to other pop masterpieces like E•MO•TION and I kinda wish she had a clearer idea of the sound she was going for cause this it seems to me she tried to take on a genre that not only isn’t hers but doesn’t let her express her true potential. It looks like she wanted to replicate EH with a duller, more watered down sound and little to no genuine social critique/satire which is what made her famous in her first place

End of the Earth is fucking amazing. I love how different it is from everything else, it's like the experimental sound from Electra and Solitaire had a child, I love it.

Enjoy Your Life has the highest replay value, but it's not the best one imo.

xMcVPI7.jpg