Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Seeing as everyone's doing it here's my ranking:

Handmade Heaven - 10/10
Superstar - 7/10 (would be higher but think its a lil too overproduced) 
Orange Trees - 4/10 (least favourite) 
Baby - 8/10
Enjoy Your Life - 10/10 
True - 6/10
To Be Human - 10/10
End Of The Earth - 9/10 

Handmade Heaven - 9/10

Superstar - 4/10
Orange Trees - 8/10
Baby - 5/10
Enjoy Your Life - 9/10 
True - 9/10
To Be Human - 7/10
End Of The Earth - 7/10 

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Handmade Heaven - 9/10 (perfect track to start this album with. her vocals on the opening line, wheww)
Superstar: 6/10 (grew on me, i love the pre-chorus, a cute song but nothing special)
Orange Trees: 8/10 (underappreciated summer bop!)
Baby: 7/10 (wouldve given this an 8/10 5 months ago)
Enjoy Your Life: 7/10 (bop!)
True: 5/10 (has yet to fully grow on me but it’s catchy)
To Be Human: 9/10 (she served)
End Of The Earth: 10/10 (my fave, i love everything about this song)

qfrWuBl.png

Both :w8ing:

i'm just saying i feel like this era is already aging to me and i didn't really connect to any of the songs

like i feel the other three albums have some sort of aspect to them that makes them 'marina' and stand out

but this one just feels like recycled radio and then marina singing

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

i'm just saying i feel like this era is already aging to me and i didn't really connect to any of the songs

like i feel the other three albums have some sort of aspect to them that makes them 'marina' and stand out

but this one just feels like recycled radio and then marina singing

people said all this same stuff about Electra, yet it's full of some solid ass tracks that emit Marina. These tracks all contain some sort of Marina, especially End of the Earth, To Be Human, and Handmade Heaven. It just sounds different, which should've been expected.

We are still missing half the whole album, so I wouldn't make any judgements yet.

xMcVPI7.jpg

To Be Human is already one of Marina's best songs ever omfg it's just brilliant. She snapped :icant:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The bridge of To Be Human sounded so quirky TFJ Marina. Like an old friend visiting, and it made me nostalgic.

My feeling about LOVE is weird. Its not the kind of music I like, but I also don't think that means anything about the quality. I think she did what she set out do. Its awesome that she is so happy. For artists like Lana and Marina who kind of built their careers on songs with pretty heavy topics, I think seeing them be able to make happy music now gives some people hope that there is a way to overcome the bad stuff in life. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

i love marina sm and i am so happy seeing her thrive in her personal life and stuff but like this newer music just seems kinda soulless to me :( i got similar vibes from FROOT but not as intense but on LOVE it just feels really....dead...and like i wish that wasn't the case but it really is how i feel about it and it sucks cause i lovvve her, regardless im happy for her and i hope she really loves this music she is putting out as much as she says she does! her older music (TFJ+EH) helped me through some of the darkest times in my life and i will be eternally grateful for that and will continue to cheer her on! :party:

So hard to rate, but I'm going to give it a go:

1. Handmade Heaven - 9.5/10 (Overall a great message and nice production but a tad repetitive by the end)
  2. Superstar - 7.5/10 (Beautiful lyrics & a nice love song, but is too generic & a bit overproduced)
  3. Orange Trees - 9/10 (I really like this song despite others saying it is generic; I like the odes to Greek culture & nature)
  4. Baby - 8/10 (This one really is a bop but it does feel a little out of place on the record as a whole)
  5. Enjoy Your Life - 9/10 (Another bop with a nice, simple message to enjoy your life & acknowledge that your problems will pass)
  6. True - 9.5/10 (This one has the most replay value for me, and it has a nice message of confidence, but lyrics are a bit lazy)
  7. To Be Human - 10/10 (Best and most meaningful lyrics on the album, gives me TFJ vibes)
  8. End of the Earth - 10/10 (Fantastic production, this is the grown-up sis of Immortal!)

So, I suppose my overall order going off these scores would be:

1. To Be Human 10/10
  2. End of the Earth 10/10
  3. Handmade Heaven 9.5/10
  4. True 9.5/10
  5. Enjoy Your Life 9/10
  6. Orange Trees 9/10
  7. Baby 8/10
  8. Superstar 7.5/10

Handmade Heaven - 10/10

Superstar: 7/10

Orange Trees: 10/10

Baby: 0/10

Enjoy Your Life: 9/10

True: 7/10

To Be Human: 11/10

Enjoy Your Life: 8/10

if FEAR is as good as LOVE,then it'll be almost or equally good at Electra Heart

giphy.gif

FYI - To Be Human video out on Monday. It was meant to be out the other day, but was delayed for some reason.

46637740275_2eb4c719d0_z.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS