Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

okay so I'm so let down.  :(

it will more than likely grow as time goes on but idk, really expected more. Atm I like LOVE more than FEAR actually... lol, but after two listens I'm at least certain that: Believe in Love is really cute and Emotinal Machine hit me hard, my FEAR fav so far.

Overall the production and lyrics are pretty meh.

Maybe it's my own fault who truly expected more TFJ and EH esque songs. I mean I can def see there are some vibes from especially EH ofc but... this is truly her worst album. Like the majority of people already basically stated; her previous albums remains SUPERIOR.

Not a really good first impression from me. SO FAR that is...

I still consider Marina one of my absolute favourite artists out there though, will still support and love her obvs. The pre-ordered vinyl IS on its way. But this album isn't just it.

:crossed:

OKAyyy as I'm writing this, I'm on my fourth FEAR listen now and... it already grew some on me lol, but still... disappointed. I can surely bop to it in one way or another, though like I already said, not at all in the league of the wholy trinity of TJF, EH and FROOT... anyway, I'm really glad Marina seems to be so happy and proud of this album. Really good for her.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

okay so I'm so let down. :(

it will more than likely grow as time goes on but idk, really expected more. Atm I like LOVE more than FEAR actually... lol, but after two listens I'm at least certain that: Believe in Love is really cute and Emotinal Machine hit me hard, my FEAR fav so far.

Overall the production and lyrics are pretty meh.

Maybe it's my own fault who truly expected more TFJ and EH esque songs. I mean I can def see there are some vibes from especially EH ofc but... this is truly her worst album. Like the majority of people already basically stated; her previous albums remains SUPERIOR.

Not a really good first impression from me. SO FAR that is...

I still consider Marina one of my absolute favourite artists out there though, will still support and love her obvs. The pre-ordered vinyl IS on its way. But this album isn't just it.

:crossed:

OKAyyy as I'm writing this, I'm on my fourth FEAR listen now and... it already grew some on me lol, but still... disappointed. I can surely bop to it in one way or another, though like I already said, not at all in the league of the wholy trinity of TJF, EH and FROOT... anyway, I'm really glad Marina seems to be so happy and proud of this album. Really good for her.

I don’t think it would have been good if this album sounded like TFJ or EH. I personally think she should have gone with a more orchestrial sound and less generic electronic pop more like Florance and the machine. Come up with something unique as her production is pretty basic and dosn’t stand out.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Ok so... here's the tea

Love + Fear is definitely her most accessible and easy-to-listen album to date, the lyrics are very simple and sound like a watered-down, witless version of a 2nd grade poem, the production is very polished and fresh, which is why the songs sound so good and fresh from the start (I have to admit it, they do sound appealing). I don't really like the melodies, they are too simple imo and a bit repetitive, especially bc this album is mainly sung in her upper register which I mean who told her exactly?? Like everybody praised her for her androgynous low register and here she goes: yeah fuck that? Ok sis...

Anyway, it's a good album, but there's no artistic advancement and nothing remarkably Marina about it, it sounds just like the next boring talentless pop star could've made it (Ava teas). All the people praising her for it don't really care about her growth or her artistry (Charli could never) and are just greedy gays desperate to eat up any music that their fave will release. And yall have to courage to call us haters... imagine that. 

It's really telling that a lot of people brush off any kind of criticism towards Marina as hate. Like since when does that work? I love Marina and I am truly amazed by what she has been able to achieve in her career, she has a splendid voice and has managed three times in a row to come out with fresh, engaging, interesting, truly captivating bodie of work that have reshaped the pop industry. Take Kim, whose probably biggest inspiration, aside from rapists, was Electra Heart. 

Marina left a mark, and now it's fading away. M4 is not gonna be remembered. TFJ is, despite sounding like a crippled monkey has produced it. And that's the tea and if yall wanna go ahead and call me hater I'll be listening to Froot to drown out the angry gays 

Fear is very good! Not amazing, but still lovely in lots of ways. My favorites are Believe In Love, Karma, Soft To Be Strong, and Life Is Strange.

I do feel like some melodies are really repetitive, and there's not a lot of interesting production on it...but it's not terrible. :)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Yeah it's definitely my least favourite of her 4 but it's not a complete disaster for me, I like a lot of songs off of it. I just miss her rawness. None of the songs off of this album made me feel any kind of emotion close to songs like Happy, FROOT, I'm a Ruin, Fear & Loathing, Starring Role, nearly the entirety of TFJ etc but still, I'm going to enjoy the songs for what they are. I am just going to hope on the next record, she will consider writing more specifically than generically. You could feel on her previous records that what she was writing about was clearly very specific things that she is interested in but yet she wrote them in such a way that they come off relatable to all of us - which to me was her biggest charm because I don't feel like many pop artists had this ability at the time Marina was up and coming. On this album, I feel like all the lyrics are far too vague and generic (I mean generic in that they could be about literally anything - Karma is a good example) and it's just boring. Yeah I can relate to multiple songs here but the lyrics aren't deep enough to actually be invested in them or the story she is telling.

I also really miss the live instrumentation. Even EH had more live or acoustic instrumentation that the boring guitar loops and trap drums on this album and I think that is part of why the album sounds kinda emotionless for me. Not saying electronic music can't have emotion, of course it can (EH perfect example) but when it's production like this, it's just bland. Marina I feel always does a great job of blending synthetic and synth pop music with guitars and live drums on her last albums. 

Those are just some criticisms I have tho, it's not meant to be hate - because I love Marina and been a fan for a long time so of course I have thoughts on whats probably her most polarising record. I still enjoy a lot of the record and I'm not going to get hung up on the production or the lyrics because I mean there is nothing I can do. I rather enjoy the music, not think about it too much and be excited for what she brings next. 

Received the vinyl today but I haven't opened it because I might send it back. I don't really see the point of vinyls for more electronic music with synths, unless it's something you want to collect, but i normally only buy vinyls that have live instrumentation where there is more of difference from the digital counterparts.

Anyway, was there meant to be a different version of Baby for the vinyl or is it the same version ?

Received the vinyl today but I haven't opened it because I might send it back. I don't really see the point of vinyls for more electronic music with synths, unless it's something you want to collect, but i normally only buy vinyls that have live instrumentation where there is more of difference from the digital counterparts.

Anyway, was there meant to be a different version of Baby for the vinyl or is it the same version ?

There was supposed to have Baby (Solo version) on the vinyl can someone please check and share the file?

Why couldn’t she at least have featured pitbull on baby instead of some random fonzi. It would have at least been enjoyable in an ironic way. ‘I’m al re dy som wun else’s- hey mAriNA!’

I only like too be human and too afraid... I’m disappointed. I can listen to EH straight through but maybe it’s because I was 14 when I first listened to it and because of nostalgia.

No it's because that album is actually good

It’s not a different version, it’s the same, they just edited out Luis’ vocals. It’s a stem edit

The second verse of No More Suckers is HER WORST. Wtf was she thinking

‘When you stay over you eat all of my food, yeah you mess up all my towels, but this time I’m checking out’

WHAT IN THE HELL..........

Yeah... I’m sadly disappointed. She took time off just to make stale music when she came back. She should’ve collabed with someone and had someone else listen to the album before releasing it. It’s just.... meh. I miss when her music had a bigger picture she’s trying to sell you

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole