Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Its literally the most fake deep shit I’ve ever seen? Like that’s not an example of good writing

Froot, Happy and Solitaire are

Hun they're not fake lyrics, you might not like them but Savages is deffo not a fake song.

But yeah the 3 songs you mentioned are one of her best written songs

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Hun they're not fake lyrics, you might not like them but Savages is deffo not a fake song.

When I say fake deep I don’t mean it’s not genuine, but that it’s not actually deep

Like those are very basic thought and there’s not much depth to it, it looks deep cause there’s ~social commentary~ but it’s not new or original it’s very trite and bland

There is literally nothing deep about Savages...it has the depth as one of "Phone Bad Book Good memes like this:

44wh3e3wf0c21.jpg

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

FROOT: *is said to contain the best lyrics*
also FROOT: do you really want me to write a feminist anthem? i'm happy cooking dinner in the kitchen for my husband yeaaah yeaaaaaah

original.gif

Don't you all fucking dare touching my Can't Pin Me Down and Savages!

If you guys want to talk about fake deep, then I guess we must include miss...

K-A-R-MA

I hate that #projectkarma thing tbh  :notamused:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

also FROOT: do you really want me to write a feminist anthem? i'm happy cooking dinner in the kitchen for my husband yeaaah yeaaaaaah

wait but this lyric holds a lot of meaning lmfao

xMcVPI7.jpg

Not a Electra Fart stan saying this :rip:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

no one's preference is fact and ppl are allowed to like and dislike certain things without being dragged (jokingly or not) every time they voice their own opinion. i get that this is like, the way fandoms operate now, but GOD its just so exhausting to see and be around

i just wish we spent more time talking abt things we liked rather than picking apart everything we dont like

ok i'll get off my soapbox now, ive just been holding that in for a while phew  :rollin:

Alright, let's be more positive. What are some of your fave songs from L+F (feeling in debt with it)? If I could rank:

1.To Be Human

2.End Of The Earth

3.Life Is Strange

4.Believe In Love

5.Handmade Heaven

6.Too Afraid

7.Soft To Be Strong

8.True/Superstar

9.No More Suckers

I'm too lazy to do the rest.  :twirls:

I prefer Karma demo, even though I feel like the final is more organized and suits better in the album. Worth It and TNWWM are my favorite unreleaseds from this era. Also, even though I miss the live band, I liked the theatrical show she created. My favorite presentation was Believe In Love.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I’m sorry but Froot & Love + Fear are her best albums with her best writing. Each album has those lines which are bad so don’t try to come for TBH when Electra Heart has them too.

this is true! each album has its weak parts. like when she rhymed "loathing" with "loathing" in fear and loathing?

personally, i think TFJ has the strongest lyrics and froot has the most poetic/most coherent lyrics. TFJ is a great album to introduce someone to marina to, but i think her storytelling wasnt up to par with EH or froot's