Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

If there's anything I'm mad at Marina for right now, it's the way she's been handling the I'm Not Hungry Anymore mess. She can't keep saying "it's coming," "I'll rework it,", "you'll get one more song from the Froot studio sessions" etc. etc. if she has no intention of actually releasing it. I've never heard of an artist that previews a song and says they'll release it, but never does. It's absolutely ludicrous. It's not just the fact that she won't release it that's annoying, it's the fact that she's been full of empty promises for so long, lying about its release.

LIEESSS, DON'T WANNA KNOW, DON'T WANNA KNOWWWW...  :toofunny:

like ctfo. we've only had froot for like 8 months.

have you met her? lol i seen her twice and met her like one and a half times so i would agree with you but if i hadnt met her then id tell you to fuck off.

Nah I haven't. I hoped I could, but shortly before I attended the concert, she brought up the new M&G policy.

I was disappointed but still ..it's not like I would pay to meet her or like it was her job to do it. If she decides to do a M&G, it's nice but in the end she doesn't have to do it. And liek I said before ... if you attend a concert and meet all those over-obsessive fans, you can somehow see why she doesn't want to meet all of them.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Nah I haven't. I hoped I could, but shortly before I attended the concert, she brought up the new M&G policy.

I was disappointed but still ..it's not like I would pay to meet her or like it was her job to do it. If she decides to do a M&G, it's nice but in the end she doesn't have to do it. And liek I said before ... if you attend a concert and meet all those over-obsessive fans, you can somehow see why she doesn't want to meet all of them.

The only reason I disagree with this is because Marina constantly hyping up things that she has no intention of releasing (videos, promising tour dates in America and Europe that don't happen while she performs in NYC 12 times this year, etc).

This purely stemmed for fans calling out the flaw in her M&G system where people used spam Twitter accounts to get 3/5 of the Seattle passes + one girl winning through MarinaMeets for TWO shows this year + her comments saying we aren't real fans if we tell on someone who cheated lol. And with that she took it as us being ungrateful when we are just trying to bring it to her attention in a respectful way where she questioned our support. Yesterday Marina or whoever runs MarinaMeets (which I'm expecting is either Marina or her manager Jess) wouldn't even mention anything on her official account and wouldn't answer fans who had questions about why she hasn't publicly said anything. Also I believe 3-4 shows went without M&G or even a tweet saying they wouldn't happen (as well as passes being handed out via an unannounced radio station thing to people who barely knew her music). It's really messy, I don't care if I meet her at all, but diamonds kind of need a short explanation. Marina means a lot to these kids and she has prided herself of having fans who are honest with her when something isn't going right but now whenever when something is flawed she would rather hear people blindly follow her.

Edit - Surprisingly enough, diamonds actually can take Marina's broken promises about things if she just gives us a heads up lol.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

The only reason I disagree with this is because Marina constantly hyping up things that she has no intention of releasing (videos, promising tour dates in America and Europe that don't happen while she performs in NYC 12 times this year, etc).

This purely stemmed for fans calling out the flaw in her M&G system where people used spam Twitter accounts to get 3/5 of the Seattle passes + one girl winning through MarinaMeets for TWO shows this year + her comments saying we aren't real fans if we tell on someone who cheated lol. And with that she took it as us being ungrateful when we are just trying to bring it to her attention in a respectful way where she questioned our support. Yesterday Marina or whoever runs MarinaMeets (which I'm expecting is either Marina or her manager Jess) wouldn't even mention anything on her official account and wouldn't answer fans who had questions about why she hasn't publicly said anything. Also I believe 3-4 shows went without M&G or even a tweet saying they wouldn't happen (as well as passes being handed out via an unannounced radio station thing to people who barely knew her music). It's really messy, I don't care if I meet her at all, but diamonds kind of need a short explanation. Marina means a lot to these kids and she has prided herself of having fans who are honest with her when something isn't going right but now whenever when something is flawed she would rather hear people blindly follow her.

Edit - Surprisingly enough, diamonds actually can take Marina's broken promises about things if she just gives us a heads up lol.

I get your point but still ... this whole drama is like complaining how you don't get free candy you usually wouldn't get anyway.

Marina is not making anyone pay for her m&Gs, she's not promoting her tour with m&gs etc.

It's a gimmick she offered because she likes her fans.

Now she stopped doing it, because she didn't felt like doing it or because people were acting rude. It's not like she already chose people and then didn't turn up and left them staying in the cold or like she twittered about a M&G event and then didn't chose anyone.

Oh and about "Marina means a lot to these kids" .. maybe it's cool if these kids get SOME kind of ... distance with their worship, like seriously look how they are acting at concerts or how they are super offended and vocal about stuff like the M&G or back when she couldn't come to Lolla.

She never promised "I'll do M&Gs forever!" so in that case, it's no broken promise at all.

I get your point but still ... this whole drama is like complaining how you don't get free candy you usually wouldn't get anyway.

Marina is not making anyone pay for her m&Gs, she's not promoting her tour with m&gs etc.

It's a gimmick she offered because she likes her fans.

Now she stopped doing it, because she didn't felt like doing it or because people were acting rude. It's not like she already chose people and then didn't turn up and left them staying in the cold or like she twittered about a M&G event and then didn't chose anyone.

Oh and about "Marina means a lot to these kids" .. maybe it's cool if these kids get SOME kind of ... distance with their worship, like seriously look how they are acting at concerts or how they are super offended and vocal about stuff like the M&G or back when she couldn't come to Lolla.

She never promised "I'll do M&Gs forever!" so in that case, it's no broken promise at all.

The way she promoted MM was for the entire leg of the tour. She wanted this to replace fans waiting outside in the cold without a chance at meeting her. I get that her heart is in the right place but a lot of people are spending so much money and time to create stuff to get noticed for he M&G. She should just have someone go in line and pick 20 people like she did before. I want her to be happy with the experiences that she's giving us but I don't want her to cut off her M&G once a minor thing doesn't work.

And no Diamonds were condoning her getting death threats from Brazilian fans because she couldn't make it to Lolla. That was irrational and crazy. But that happens in absolutely every fanbase. There's no way to control that unless people start getting blocked.

I believe she should do the location restricted photo posted on Facebook for M&G like she did for the beginning of the promo tour. It worked a lot better and nobody was offended if they didn't win.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

The way she promoted MM was for the entire leg of the tour. She wanted this to replace fans waiting outside in the cold without a chance at meeting her. I get that her heart is in the right place but a lot of people are spending so much money and time to create stuff to get noticed for he M&G. She should just have someone go in line and pick 20 people like she did before. I want her to be happy with the experiences that she's giving us but I don't want her to cut off her M&G once a minor thing doesn't work.

And no Diamonds were condoning her getting death threats from Brazilian fans because she couldn't make it to Lolla. That was irrational and crazy. But that happens in absolutely every fanbase. There's no way to control that unless people start getting blocked.

I believe she should do the location restricted photo posted on Facebook for M&G like she did for the beginning of the promo tour. It worked a lot better and nobody was offended if they didn't win.

Of course you are right.

I just think maybe she just doesn't want to do it anymore. That has nothing to do with respect for fans or anything, but shouldn't it be her right to cancel the event whenever she feels like doing it? Of course, it woul have been cool to announce it but still .. it's nothing people paid for so in the end I still don't think it's right to critisize her in any way. Especially the super vocal way some fans do.

apparently she's not doing the m&g thing anymore because a fan named Hannah created 20+ fake twitter accounts and won like 3 m&gs for her and her friends

and a very hated member of the fanbase who used to go by marinasblueweed (generally annoying) won.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

honestly, im sad mm got cancelled but the diamonds that constantly gave marina shit and made a big deal about mbw winning were being dumb and shouldve expected it. its true marina has no obligation to meet fans but its a nice gesture and she should. but when diamonds on twitter and instagram are spamming M and making a big deal out of nothing what is marina supposed to do...

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

hmmm that kinda reminds me of someone... :hooker:

ok true, Lana does this as well. But the difference is that she never promises to release them, unlike Marina, who has promised on several occasions that INHA would be released at some point, but then retracts that statement. Although Lana lies a lot about random things like her age and her past, she has never actually promised something then taken it away. She's only ever mentioned her ideas or "wishes" for things, so when she doesn't make it we can't be mad because she never technically "promised" it.

Don't know if any of that made any sense, sorry  :toofunny:

ok true, Lana does this as well. But the difference is that she never promises to release them, unlike Marina, who has promised on several occasions that INHA would be released at some point, but then retracts that statement. Although Lana lies a lot about random things like her age and her past, she has never actually promised something then taken it away. She's only ever mentioned her ideas or "wishes" for things, so when she doesn't make it we can't be mad because she never technically "promised" it.

Don't know if any of that made any sense, sorry  :toofunny:

-rerelease of LDR

-touring Europe 

-cola video, dark paradise video, black beauty video, pretty when you cry video, honeymoon video (none were technically promised but she did say that she wanted to do them all)

-cruel world's "narco swing"

EVERY artist says they'll do things and leaves them unfulfilled; marina is no exception. however, she's never said she won't release it, she said she's trying to find a way to do it.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Please, I'm desperately looking for an interview or anything where Marina clearly states that Electra Heart is not herself but a persona, and how she had to retract from it at some point when it became too overwhelming, something along the lines, I'm using it as an argument and I absolutely need to back it up but I have no idea where to start searching, I'd be very grateful. 

ZKcaooE.png