Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

you really want him to leak stuff that will be released...? stuff that she has been working on for past 2 years? thankfully he isn’t dumb and he won’t do that but you’re a horrible person

He's playing it for people, that counts as a leak. 

How am I horrible? Because I want music? Are you telling me you don't listen to leaks? Or are you just virtue signaling?

giphy.gif

How am I horrible? Because I want music? Are you telling me you don't listen to leaks? Or are you just virtue signaling?

we all want music and listen to leaks but asking for upcoming songs to leak it’s just stupid and kind of selfish, you know? let’s wait for these to drop instead of asking for them to leak.

you want music that will be released, that’s the problem. you don’t even imagine how troubling it is for an artist when stuff like this happens, marina’s label probably has expectations for her and if everything gets out before it’s supposed to they can just give up on the whole project and tell her to record new stuff. why would you do that? I listen to leaks, yes, but that’s completely different from begging people for things that will be released.

Well, I hope not.. I have heard two snippets from the album one, cringe-inducing 'Someone Elses Baby' & the second Troye Sivan-esque generic 'You'. So I dunno what to expect anymore.

Both are extrodinary from just short snippets... See a doctor

you want music that will be released, that’s the problem. you don’t even imagine how troubling it is for an artist when stuff like this happens, marina’s label probably has expectations for her and if everything gets out before it’s supposed to they can just give up on the whole project and tell her to record new stuff. why would you do that? I listen to leaks, yes, but that’s completely different from begging people for things that will be released.

I suppose you're right, wrt the bolded. It would be bad if Marina - or worse, her label -  got upset about this.

It just sucks that only a handful of people get to listen to the full song and we get snippets. That's a tease.

giphy.gif

I feel like we have this conversation with any type of leak but: Listening to leaked songs that were scrapped or old (or for that matter even a week before release) is not the same as this. Whoever is playing them, knowing full well people are recording, is not doing her any favors. Will it ruin the era, doubt it, but I'm sure it's a huge deterrent to her who's been working this past year for this music to have it begin to leak even before she announces a lead single.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

It wouldn't be the first (or second...) time this happen so...

I think the Electra Heart demos were worst than FROOT album when I think about it.

Demos were like early concepts, it could shake her whole base for the record and make it go back to zero. Really Make it or Break it situation. Fans can turn it into hell like "So excited for the final" or "X is ugly, keep it out of the record"

The "Final Album" (with OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE) is sad but mainly the fans that will know about this type of stuff. General public will buy it once it's out if they're interested.