Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

jesussss fucking christ

y'all wanted pop marina back — you got pop marina back. she delivered a fun pop album and y'all shouted at her for not being ~*artsy*~ enough... 

lABVyGE.png

i tried to look her up in the charts but her songs are not showing up (just her albums)

did she never enter them in the first place? cause it's weird 

True is one of the best songs on the album and is also one of the cachiest songs she's ever made imo.

It's probably one of the best songs about self-acceptance I've listened, it really helps me a lot. Never understood the hate.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The past pages were a mess but I gotta tell y’all that people are overly dramatic about this album. Clearly she took another path with Love + Fear as she wanted to try something new, but stans will always say bullshit in the present and call it a masterpiece when a new album comes. Love + Fear wasn’t even bad as most people think, they just hate new things.

no. people are fucking overdramatic about how negatively this album is being received. seriously? Look at most of the critics. Look at her social media. Look at the comments on youtube. They are almost all POSITIVE. It's like you guys are forgetting the horrible treatment that EH got. Also, I don't think that the people who didn't like FROOT as much before have changed their mind and suddenly think that it's a masterpiece. It's just that they found that this album is lacking in even more areas than FROOT did. As a person who was pretty unsatisfied with FROOT, I will say that L+F made up for some of the things I was missing in FROOT, but overall, L+F still remains the inferior album. Most of the people who hated EH when it came out have also probably not changed their minds and either enjoyed FROOT more or have already unstanned. The people who see EH as a masterpiece are the people who already loved it and are still fans today.

As for everyone saying that people just don't like it because it's different, I like Baby and PDCM, and they sound very different (they might not be exactly what I want her music to sound like but they are total bop material). EM and Life is strange sound similar to her previous works but still fall short in terms of vocals, production, and lyrical content. End of the earth is very different from anything she's done before and most people on here love the song. Y'all really need to stop putting words into other people's mouths smh... 

But even if they were criticizing the album for sounding different, people have the right to dislike it when an artist loses the reasons that they were into the artist's music in the first place. Most artists don't pull a complete 180 on their sound every era, and the fact that marina has done this has resulted in a divided fandom that all want something different. Other artists would expand on their previous sound or go into something different without losing too much of their old style.

jesussss fucking christ

y'all wanted pop marina back — you got pop marina back. she delivered a fun pop album and y'all shouted at her for not being ~*artsy*~ enough... 

But it's not the same though....... the EH era served visuals, beautiful and dramatic melodies, with production that sounds very different from L+F.  TFJ era served us witty   lyrics, fun and quirky visuals, unique and experimental production, as well as sassy and energetic vocals. Just because It's pop doesn't mean it's even remotely the   same. L+F lacks the energy, sass, vocals, production, and lyricism of her previous pop records. 

Stan culture is so toxic, and some of yall are the reason why

you think people being critical of an artist's work instead of blindly supporting an artist no matter what they do and trying to silence other people's opinions is what makes stan culture "toxic"? uhm.....  :wtfney:  

If you are really enjoying the album, then that's great, bop ur ass to that stuff, but don't pretend like there aren't legitimate reasons for people not to like the album.

Um, anyway. This album is enjoyable to me. Marina’s always seemed to me like an artist who’s in love with everything Pop. The culture, the aesthetics, the experimentation you could work with lyrically or visually. And her experimenting with this album gives me an idea of where her headspace is. It’s not as deep or solid as her previous albums, but it’s a sweet glimpse into the better mental space she’s in now. I appreciate how open she is on social media, and maybe it’s not solely triggered by the criticism she sometimes sees online. It’s funny, but the harsh criticism she’s getting seems a bit much to me since other artists have done worse, yet don’t get as much heat as Marina does. I think that’s why some people are being defensive of her because it’s like... you guys are getting worked up over a song for the past few pages? Is it that deep? Lol

Um, anyway. This album is enjoyable to me. Marina’s always seemed to me like an artist who’s in love with everything Pop. The culture, the aesthetics, the experimentation you could work with lyrically or visually. And her experimenting with this album gives me an idea of where her headspace is. It’s not as deep or solid as her previous albums, but it’s a sweet glimpse into the better mental space she’s in now. I appreciate how open she is on social media, and maybe it’s not solely triggered by the criticism she sometimes sees online. It’s funny, but the harsh criticism she’s getting seems a bit much to me since other artists have done worse, yet don’t get as much heat as Marina does. I think that’s why some people are being defensive of her because it’s like... you guys are getting worked up over a song for the past few pages? Is it that deep? Lol

tenor.gif?itemid=3367331

lABVyGE.png

I literally just realised that when Marina talks about coal and diamond is because coal and diamond both have the same chemical make up but they have a different structure and thus they show up differently.... because even though she shares the same genes she is different... omg....... fucking mind blown

I literally just realised that when Marina talks about coal and diamond is because coal and diamond both have the same chemical make up but they have a different structure and thus they show up differently.... because even though she shares the same genes she is different... omg....... fucking mind blown

TFJ song is amazing

Solitaire FOREVER her BEST song :wowcry:

It’s my introvert anthem ugh, queen of being anti-social. That song totally comforts me.

14417469274.gif

Solitaire FOREVER her BEST song :wowcry:

It’s my introvert anthem ugh, queen of being anti-social. That song totally comforts me.

people who hate solitaire don't deserve rights. that song is fucking amazing.

xMcVPI7.jpg

She was so good at writing omg 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

so i was watching IAMAR mv (which i had never watched in full) bc i needed to send the link to a friend of mine and while watching her sing i was filled with this utter sense of peace.

even if she had a lower budget than the remain campaign she made something beautiful and idk... like im sorry if yall want me to believe an holiday ad for estonia is the same as this