Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I'm a fan but she's always been extremely pretentious since like the TFJ days. It's annoying.

And that's why I love her

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

can someone take her twitter away from her..

she always has the worst ignorant pretentious "humans bad" takes

This thread has turned into a hate Marina club wtf... But I do agree with this one. I just searched that Vestiare shop she recommended and most things there are very expensive. Not everyone can afford that style of life. She really needs to think about those tweets more and delete them.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

Anyway

It's been a year since L+F was released

Let's appreciate it as we always do!!!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Anyway

It's been a year since L+F was released

Let's appreciate it as we always do!!!

I definitely don't hate it. But I'll never listen to it in full again. 

Here's a little ramble but:

You know, the title track to Electra Heart has always fascinated me in a way, and while looking into Greek mythology, I came across this interesting bit on the name Electra, or spelt in Greek Elektra.

Electra was one of the seven daughters of the Titan Atlas and Coeanid nymph Pleione. Together, the sisters formed the Pleiades.

But more interestingly, the name Electra means "shining" and "bright"

And according to one Greek myth, Electra and her six sisters of the Pleiades committed suicide after learning the death of their father Atlas

I think it's interesting given the title track's most notable lyric is "lights they blind me" yet the name Electra means bright and shining, and also Marina said Electra committed suicide

It's probably a coincidence, but certainly an interesting one (to me)

negAbhB.png

Here's a little ramble but:

You know, the title track to Electra Heart has always fascinated me in a way, and while looking into Greek mythology, I came across this interesting bit on the name Electra, or spelt in Greek Elektra.

Electra was one of the seven daughters of the Titan Atlas and Coeanid nymph Pleione. Together, the sisters formed the Pleiades.

But more interestingly, the name Electra means "shining" and "bright"

And according to one Greek myth, Electra and her six sisters of the Pleiades committed suicide after learning the death of their father Atlas

I think it's interesting given the title track's most notable lyric is "lights they blind me" yet the name Electra means bright and shining, and also Marina said Electra committed suicide

It's probably a coincidence, but certainly an interesting one (to me)

Uhm ... not trying to be disrespectful ... but wasn't that the most obcious reference EVER?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Uhm ... not trying to be disrespectful ... but wasn't that the most obcious reference EVER?

maybe, maybe not, but certainly not the myth of the Pleiades sisters committing suicide

negAbhB.png

maybe, maybe not, but certainly not the myth of the Pleiades sisters committing suicide

Ok but the album/ character name was an OBVIOUS reference to the Electra myth, this is not some obscure niche knowledge needed to understand the concept.

I mean, there is hardly any other Electra/Elektra it  could refer to, if you exclude the Marvel character (whose name is a reference to the same myth)

Ok but the album/ character name was an OBVIOUS reference to the Electra myth, this is not some obscure niche knowledge needed to understand the concept.

I mean, there is hardly any other Electra/Elektra it  could refer to, if you exclude the Marvel character (whose name is a reference to the same myth)

at least they came up with a new kind of comment to talk about, rather than shitting on L+F constantly for the past 11 months LMAO

The myth is the source of “Electra complex” the opposite of an Oedipus complex. (A girl competing with her mom for her dad) in that sense the Electra myth is pretty well known

No, it's not obvious. The average person doesn't know Greek mythology to this depth, and certainly wouldn't know what the Electra Complex is.

Also, in regards to the name, Electra is just a name. I didn't even THINK it referred to anything, and I know the average person/fan wouldn't know that either.  I thought it was just ya average album title, and a fake name created when I initially found it.

negAbhB.png

No, it's not obvious. The average person doesn't know Greek mythology to this depth, and certainly wouldn't know what the Electra Complex is.

Also, in regards to the name, Electra is just a name. I didn't even THINK it referred to anything, and I know the average person/fan wouldn't know that either.  I thought it was just ya average album title, and a fake name created when I initially found it.

you're right, i've literally just found out about the greek mythology thing from your post and I only learned about the electra complex a couple of months ago in my psychology class... like, that's not "common knowledge" at all but bitches wanna be rude and for what! thanks for sharing the greek mythology part tho

Sorry to break it tp you but knowing some basics from mythicism like the Elektra myth - something that is referred to in different art forms all the time- is not some hypersophisticated niche-knowledge. Marina obviously referred it with the album title/ character name and just cause you did not get it up until like 7 years after that has nothing to do with it being obscure knowledge you need a degree for.

bitches google "elektra hart" and think they got a degree in Greek philosophy  :toofunny:

Sorry to break it tp you but knowing some basics from mythicism like the Elektra myth - something that is referred to in different art forms all the time- is not some hypersophisticated niche-knowledge. Marina obviously referred it with the album title/ character name and just cause you did not get it up until like 7 years after that has nothing to do with it being obscure knowledge you need a degree for.

and bitches like you two think being rude is edgy and cool, and a way to make yourself feel elevated over the rest

also for the record, it's Greek mythology, not philosophy, so maybe know what you're talking about when trying to be rude

negAbhB.png

and bitches like you two think being rude is edgy and cool, and a way to make yourself feel elevated over the rest

also for the record, it's Greek mythology, not philosophy, so maybe know what you're talking about when trying to be rude

Yes I am on a higher level, thank U.

Also dumb dumb maybe you should consider that not everyone's first language is English? Back to the farm with YOU!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Hold your horses. Electra complex is not a sophisticated, niche term in psychology, but also is not common knowledge. I actually find Marina's references to Greek mythology very intriguing, and I really wish she explored this theme in more depth and explained the parallels between Greek tragedy and Hollywood that she has found.

original.gif