Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

L+F is a terrible album and that’s why it flopped. Like it’s definitely not her manager’s fault

I mean her manager could have sat with her and go "girl... this is not it" :creep: or anybody with ears at all but let's leave this for another day.

It's fishy but at the same time we really don't know what went behind the curtain and how long it actually been since they stopped working together.

L+F was mismanaged anyway from the poor album release (I mean it was just straight up stupid the LOVE then FEAR release. IT'S ONE FUCKING RECORD NOT A DOUBLE RECORD DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU PICTURED IT MARINA), it killed momentum, the singles weren't the best options, the videos............

I also believe it was her first era where she didn't really headline many festivals which were always like... her main promotional tool? Apart from Coachella (again :creep:) I don't remember anything big happening?

For sure artists do have visions and they need to be respected, but sometimes they really need someone behind them to go and say like "Yeah, this ain't happening" (just like.............releasing "Electra Heart" as a "one off").

Love how Marina is getting money for L+F while y'all are trashing it

Is she really making all that much off of it, though? Artists aren't earning much money from albums anymore anyway (mostly just through touring), even if they're successful, and a 5 – 51 – 97 chart run in her main market... well.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Froot was a great album.

it is! its my second favorite album behind TFJ. im just wondering why her album from 5 years ago is now charting dkjfffh

Idk imo I think what this album is missing is a strong string of love songs or different subject matter. The only songs that touch the surface of love are probably Superstar and Believe In Love. She dabbles too much into trying to sound woke and explain human behavior/emotions yada yada and it just seems like an extension of FROOT with a taste of KIDZ BOP. Overall the album concept is lost on me and Marina did a poor job on laying out the dichotomies of love and fear. She just kinda just said it was divided in 2 and left us to take what we wanted and run with it. I think the songs are best individually rather than trying to fit them into this concept that has no real backbone.

Also she totally overproduced some of the songs and not in a good way but thats a whole other story.. also she has given us boring music videos for being gone for 4 years.. WHERE ARE THE VISUALS MARINA

The way I called this a year ago.. I have the mind of a mastermind I'm so creative like that

R5sPD4M.jpg

Is she really making all that much off of it, though? Artists aren't earning much money from albums anymore anyway (mostly just through touring), even if they're successful, and a 5 – 51 – 97 chart run in her main market... well.

what makes you think I know how many streams and sales L + F gets per day

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

what makes you think I know how many streams and sales L + F gets per day

I don't know, maybe I just falsely assumed that you talking about Marina making big money from L+F was backed up by facts and numbers.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

keep telling yourself that, hun. still doesn't make it true.

The amount of likes this got you: 0

So what? I just said that I love how Marina is making money for something she made that's been very hated. It's just a thought

You’re saying this as if it’s some “gotcha” moment when it really isn’t. She obviously makes money, cause if she didn’t the label wouldn’t keep her or let release music anyway. But is it good? No. Hence the trashing

I think the worst thing about L+F was the lack of the "love" and "fear" concepts that she promoted so much. I was so hyped about it and then... There was no concept at all  :toofloppy:

and the fact that sometimes a theme would be found on it's opposing side of the record

and the fact that sometimes a theme would be found on it's opposing side of the record

I mean love and fear cross each other frequently. Sometimes it's love flavored with fear or fear flavored with love etc. So I don't mind her choice of tracks on both respectively.

I have to agree with the lack of execution of the concept itself though. Missed opportunity.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I mean love and fear cross each other frequently. Sometimes it's love flavored with fear or fear flavored with love etc. So I don't mind her choice of tracks on both respectively.

I have to agree with the lack of execution of the concept itself though. Missed opportunity.

It's because the concept was apparently created last minute after she had written all of the album songs. The album was originally going to be called ''Handmade Heaven'' and that leak of the scrapped Handmade Heaven cover was likely the album cover. But she randomly decided to change the concept and go for the dumb ''LOVE + FEAR'' concept.

There's just so many things wrong with that era, like wow.

It's because the concept was apparently created last minute after she had written all of the album songs. The album was originally going to be called ''Handmade Heaven'' and that leak of the scrapped Handmade Heaven cover was likely the album cover. But she randomly decided to change the concept and go for the dumb ''LOVE + FEAR'' concept.

There's just so many things wrong with that era, like wow.

never gonna forgive her for that

xMcVPI7.jpg

tbh if she wouldve given us a one-sided, 15 track record named Handmade Heaven, then she would still be 4&0.

Imagining

01 Handmade Heaven

02 Superstar

03 Emotional Machine

04 True

05 Please Don't Call Me

06 Believe In Love

07 You

08 There's Nothing Wrong With You

09 No More Suckers

10 The Art Of Letting Go

11 Karma

12 Enjoy Your Life

13 Too Afraid

14 To Be Human

15 End Of The Earth

:defeated:

Soft To Be Strong, Disconnect, and Worth It can be bonus tracks

tbh if she wouldve given us a one-sided, 15 track record named Handmade Heaven, then she would still be 4&0.

Imagining

01 Handmade Heaven

02 Superstar

03 Emotional Machine

04 True

05 Please Don't Call Me

06 Believe In Love

07 You

08 There's Nothing Wrong With You

09 No More Suckers

10 The Art Of Letting Go

11 Karma

12 Enjoy Your Life

13 Too Afraid

14 To Be Human

15 End Of The Earth

This concept still has too much filler, sorry

Imagining

01 Handmade Heaven

02 Cruel Rule (a final versión with different lyrics, since this song has potential)

03 Emotional Machine

04 Please Don't Call Me

05 Believe In Love

06 You (A polished and finalized versión of the original demo)

07 There's Nothing Wrong With You

08 No More Suckers (Acoustic, since the production ruins it)

09 The Art Of Letting Go

10 Karma (Demo or Acoustic)

11 Too Afraid

12To Be Human

13 End Of The Earth

Fixed it for you. Having True and TNWWY in the same album is just not it. Also Superstar is one of her worst songs ever and it has not salvation. :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

honestly the fact that she did the original cover at the same time as the superstar lyric video should tell us how rushed and thrown together it was.  like even the cover is so basic like black and white really??  literally why it only made the jokes about the album being bland easier

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother