Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Just because Marina admitted she loves to work with women doesn't mean she's obligated to work with them or that she's not able to stop working with them, that does not make her any less feminist :rip:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Been getting some reports of drama/bad behaviour from this thread recently. Just letting you all know I'll be following the thread for the next few weeks (meaning I get a notification for every post) so be good and play nice!  :creep:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Just because Marina admitted she loves to work with women doesn't mean she's obligated to work with them or that she's not able to stop working with them, that does not make her any less feminist :rip:

Might be a cultural thing, I'm not sure how things work in the UK but in my country is illegal to fire a woman on maternity break. And sure, of course the L+F chanteuse isn't obligated to work with women, but still that doesn't change the context of the situation, it looks fishy at best.

8nl2OpX.png

Been getting some reports of drama/bad behaviour from this thread recently. Just letting you all know I'll be following the thread for the next few weeks (meaning I get a notification for every post) so be good and play nice!  :creep:

a notification every day to remind you that the MARINA thread exists? sweetie im so sorry

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

a notification every day to remind you that the MARINA thread exists? sweetie im so sorry

I really do make sacrifices for this community :poordat:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I never realized Ben (Marina's guitarist since Froot) was Jess' husband and father to their children. That just adds onto the layers of f'ed up that this is. Jess replied to a fan saying that ti's not about "any one artist", so it's definitely about Marina then lmao

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

If Marina fired her, I trust she had a good reason too. When managers go on maternity/paternity leave, they usually have someone who is able to fill in for them in the mean time. This to me indicates that this woman was probably fired for unrelated reasons, maybe she was just shit at her job (esp if she is the one who managed the L+F era  :rip: ). I think we should wait to hear Marina's side before we jump on the cancel train (assuming that Marina is even one of the artists this woman is talking about)

If Marina fired her, I trust she had a good reason too. When managers go on maternity/paternity leave, they usually have someone who is able to fill in for them in the mean time. This to me indicates that this woman was probably fired for unrelated reasons, maybe she was just shit at her job (esp if she is the one who managed the L+F era  :rip: ). I think we should wait to hear Marina's side before we jump on the cancel train (assuming that Marina is even one of the artists this woman is talking about)

L+F is a terrible album and that’s why it flopped. Like it’s definitely not her manager’s fault

L+F is a terrible album and that’s why it flopped. Like it’s definitely not her manager’s fault

Yeah no it for sure would have flopped regardless, but it didn't help that the promotion ended basically the moment the album came out with the exception of the tour and the acoustic EP that no one asked for. And not to mention the fact that she split the album release into two separate weeks, which essentially cut its charting position in half. I'm not 100% sure how much of that is her manager's fault or Marina's tho. 

Wow that's unexpected. I actually liked their relationship but then I remember how she wouldn't let Marina play the songs she wanted during the Q&A livestream. Maybe she was part of the reason L+F's direction and promotion was lazy so in that sense, good.

If that's the case - bye! 

Marina is the one paying her salary, so if Marina wants to play a certain song on a livestream, she can play the song she wants on a livestream. Marina's the boss, not the manager!

Marina was doing a Q and A with fans a while ago and she said something in the words of "my manager doesn't let me play the new songs..."

Yeah no it for sure would have flopped regardless, but it didn't help that the promotion ended basically the moment the album came out with the exception of the tour and the acoustic EP that no one asked for. I'm not 100% sure how much of that is her manager's fault or Marina's tho. 

yeah this like even disregarding the album itself the era was dead on arrival like remember when people were trying to organize fan support for karma as a single?  and the video for the acoustic one being synced up to the original track instead?  hell even INHA on streaming still hasnt happened- hopefully her new manager is better

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

keep telling yourself that, hun. still doesn't make it true.

it is true, though

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Love how Marina is getting money for L+F while y'all are trashing it

Love how Marina is getting money for L+F while y'all are trashing it

so?? i’m glad she’s making money off her music. the album is still bad though

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

so?? i’m glad she’s making money off her music. the album is still bad though

So what? I just said that I love how Marina is making money for something she made that's been very hated. It's just a thought