Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I was just listening for RIOPY FLO again and it was really reminding me of George Winston who is an amazing piano player, if anyone is a fan of piano, check his stuff out. Grandfather is going to slay. :oprah3:

The Wanderlust song by AK is a little more basic to me, plus the trap beatz. Which track is that one going to be sampled on again? 

Fishtail

Don’t get me wrong A&W is a great song but it’s already being painfully overrated in the same way Cinnamon Girl was :bebe: the pop fans got excited to hear some synths and got ahead of themselves, the songs are amazing but don’t really touch lana‘s actual best work. I think there are a lot of songs on Ocean Blvd that I will enjoy a little more than A&W. but it’s a wonderful single

9 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Don’t get me wrong A&W is a great song but it’s already being painfully overrated in the same way Cinnamon Girl was :bebe: the pop fans got excited to hear some synths and got ahead of themselves, the songs are amazing but don’t really touch lana‘s actual best work. I think there are a lot of songs on Ocean Blvd that I will enjoy a little more than A&W. but it’s a wonderful single

I would agree with cinnamon girl (I love it tho), but A&W deserves its praise. I know most popular songs are trash or overrated  but there's exception to that rule and A&W is. It stands out on Lana's discography. 

Cinnamon girl was made to be popular, it's just a very good song. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

8 minutes ago, taco truck said:

bitches love to be contrarians on this site…

i’m not being contrarian i just simply think lana has more interesting songs sonically… frankly idc about the fun 808s at this point in her career and i’ve learned to look to other artists to expect that from, it’s absolutely amazing lyrically but musically i would like something more interesting a-la Black Bathing Suit, and it seems we’re getting a lot of that on the album as well. if i were contrarian then i wouldn’t be an Ultraviolence stan lmfao.

22 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

well maybe some songs get popular because they're really good :pussypower: do i think it would've viralized as much as it did without the jimmy part? no, but that part is still amazing as well as the first one so i think the hype is deserved

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i’m not being contrarian i just simply think lana has more interesting songs sonically… frankly idc about the fun 808s at this point in her career and i’ve learned to look to other artists to expect that from, it’s absolutely amazing lyrically but musically i would like something more interesting a-la Black Bathing Suit, and it seems we’re getting that of that on the album as well. if i were contrarian then i wouldn’t be an Ultraviolence stan lmfao.

See I hate Black Bathing Suit lmao…  but everything I see on the site about not liking A&W is thinking that because it has the trap part it somehow makes it less interesting? The fact that it has the two parts together is what makes it so fucking cool and really different from any artist before. There is a reason it’s so popular and critically acclaimed. If it’s not ur taste that’s one thing but it’s a really good song and I can see if crawling it’s way up into a lot of peoples top 10.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

TW: Religion

I think my only complaint about A&W is the line "God's a charlatan". For someone as seemingly religious as her, isn't it blasphemous to basically say that God is a fraud? Or maybe I'm misinterpreting the line. The "don't look back, babe" reminds me of the story in the Bible of a woman who disobeyed God's instructions to walk away from a city and not look back. While walking away, she turned to look back and was transformed into a pillar of salt. There's something to unpack here...im just not sure what it is. Open to any suggestions :um2:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

See I hate Black Bathing Suit lmao…  but everything I see on the site about not liking A&W is thinking that because it has the trap part it somehow makes it less interesting? The fact that it has the two parts together is what makes it so fucking cool and really different from any artist before. There is a reason it’s so popular and critically acclaimed. If it’s not ur taste that’s one thing but it’s a really good song and I can see if crawling it’s way up into a lot of peoples top 10.

I agree with everything about A&W but I don’t stan your opinion on Black Bathing Suit :xcry: But you really spilled realness about A&W :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

See I hate Black Bathing Suit lmao…  but everything I see on the site about not liking A&W is thinking that because it has the trap part it somehow makes it less interesting? The fact that it has the two parts together is what makes it so fucking cool and really different from any artist before. There is a reason it’s so popular and critically acclaimed.

idk i mean the end is great, the whole song is, it’s just… not innovative at all. which isn’t inherently a bad thing whatsoever! like i said the song is amazing!! something doesn’t need to be trailblazing to be great (obviously), but the direction lana’s been going in these last few years is simply more interesting and unique than A&W is, which makes the song a great single, but not a standout for me at this point in her career. i guess i’m just a sucker for the weirder more abstract stuff

Spoiler

also the 2-part switch up also isn’t “really different from any artist before”, it’s been done many many times but again that’s not a bad thing at all it’s just simply

Just now, mssainttropez said:

I agree with everything about A&W but I don’t stan your opinion on Black Bathing Suit :xcry: But you really spilled realness about A&W :true:

Hahaha I don’t like the new BB tracks at all:bebe: I know I will get flamed for these opinions but Black Bathing Suit is seriously my least favorite Lana song of all time and I could write an essay on why I don’t like it but I won’t do that in the pre-release :smile2:

5 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

I think my only complaint about A&W is the line "God's a charlatan". For someone as seemingly religious as her, isn't it blasphemous to basically say that God is a fraud? Or maybe I'm misinterpreting the line. The "don't look back, babe" reminds me of the story in the Bible of a woman who disobeyed God's instructions to walk away from a city and not look back. While walking away, she turned to look back and was transformed into a pillar of salt. There's something to unpack here...im just not sure what it is. Open to any suggestions :um2:

GLAD SOMEONE COMMENTED ON THAT. cause i really don't understand why would she write that in this moment of her life where she seems to be very religious. maybe it has really some meaning behind it and we don't understand it yet, but as a christian it's really strange to listen to this line too 

2 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

God seems like a symbolism for.. something i dont know yet lol. the lyrics are very straightforward sometimes and sometimes they're very random shit that is not random at all? there's something laying underneath i have my perception of the song but i'll keep it to myself

2 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

I don’t think Lana is religious. Yes she’s going to church and she is Christian but that doesn’t mean she’s religious. She has always been exploring religion in her songs from a philosophical perspective. She has many “blasphemous” lyrics: God’s dead, I said, “Baby, that’s alright with me” or When I’m down on my knees you’re how I pray

5 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

I honestly don’t think she’s that religious:icant:

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Hahaha I don’t like the new BB tracks at all:bebe: I know I will get flamed for these opinions but Black Bathing Suit is seriously my least favorite Lana song of all time and I could write an essay on why I don’t like it but I won’t do that in the pre-release :smile2:

I’m a BB stan :creepna3: I get why you and others don’t like it though. I think there will be some similar lyrical elements from BB throughout Tunnel :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

I don’t think Lana is religious. Yes she’s going to church and she is Christian but that doesn’t mean she’s religious. She has always been exploring religion in her songs from a philosophical perspective. She has many “blasphemous” lyrics: God’s dead, I said, “Baby, that’s alright with me” or When I’m down on my knees you’re how I pray

yeah but these blasphemous lyrics happened before she started going to the church :awkney:

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

Good point. It's funny you mention those lines bc as a fellow Christian I will sing my heart out for the entire song, then shut right tf up during those lines LMAO. :omfg2: still love her tho!

3 minutes ago, tulsa said:

God seems like a symbolism for.. something i dont know yet lol. the lyrics are very straightforward sometimes and sometimes they're very random shit that is not random at all? there's something laying underneath i have my perception of the song but i'll keep it to myself

Plz feel free to Dm me and share your perception. I'm really curious!

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: