Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:
  Hide contents

"when i look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags" is playing on my mind 24/7 :lange:

Spoiler

This just came on :crying4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

Give me a mausoleum in Rhode Island with Dad, and my Grandpa, and Dave, who hung himself real high in the national park skies.....:trisha:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Let's agree to disagree. I've heard the 5 songs I mentioned, and I don't hear a substantial difference in sound, or more, the production, between the songs, the way I could on 'LFL,' for example, where each song was very distinct. On the OB tracks, her voice is mixed into the back, and it sounds as if someone had a pillow over the mic. And I don't depend on what insiders have said, but I take note. Especially since the LDR albums I love most are not those of most members here. I do hope for some variety on the album but I'm not counting on it. I do like 'The Grants' very much, and 'Sweet' too. 

And to me, she looks vague, dissipated and hungover in the album art, the way Bruce Springsteen did on the cover of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' back in the day, like he was forever just getting up or going to sleep. To me, that does not suggest happiness, peace of mind, joy, self control, etc. 

im gunna ignore most of that to address the "And to me, she looks vague, dissipated and hungover in the album art, the way Bruce Springsteen did on the cover of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' back in the day, like he was forever just getting up or going to sleep. To me, that does not suggest happiness, peace of mind, joy, self control, etc. "

it's just crazy that you looked at the photoshoot for her album cover and saw vague, dissipated and hungover. Especially when she doesn't even drink alcohol she's been sober for a very long time. I think a lot of this is maybe some type of projection from something you're dealing with in your own life but it's a really weird thing to say about someone especially a woman. 

For me, she's showing her body in a way she never has. It's vulnerable and she's confident, glamorous, powerful and in control of herself. 

faSE.gif

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Fingertips 

Reveal hidden contents

is really so sad I can't handle it :crai:

Spoiler

Idk what it is, but it became infinitely more sad to me this morning; i'm tearing up right now listening to it :bebe: i think the weight of it is hitting me even more than it already did

Spoiler

God, if you're near me, please send me three white butterflies...Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing sharks in the Pacific :trisha::trisha:

34 minutes ago, your dealer said:

For me I don't think it's nearly as dark as Ultraviolence. I think the two albums are yin and yang. Sonically there are few similarities. I find it to be closer to NFR/ Chemtrails/ Honeymoon. 

Tunnel is processing her past from the perspective of someone who has healed. I think to say "certainly doesn't suggest happiness or reflect someone who is currently living life to the full and enjoying themselves."  After Lana herself has stated that she's very happy many times is strange but that's just your perception and that's okay. 

I'm not sure what "There's not a lot of contrast within each of the songs, musically or lyrically, at least not in the manner we're used to from Lana and other contemporary artists. I hope the other tracks will offer more of a smorgasbord."  Especially after we've been told dozens of times that the album offers exactly that. The compositions of what we've heard so far (specifically released) are all completely different the only similarity being some of the instruments. Lyrically they are all structured differently as well. 

I’ll disagree with you not because I think UV is less dark but because I think Tunnel and UV are dark in very different ways. UV is told with the perspective of someone in the eye of a storm. Tunnel seems to come from someone who’s matured and grown from it but still aches looking back at it and realizing how formative and destructive those experiences were.

There’s no point in comparing them, to be honest. I went through very rough and painful experiences that brought me feelings of angst, loss and isolation and were very hard to go through but now, years later and way more mature and a bit more self-assured, I struggle with coming to terms with what everything behind me means: what it says about me as a person, what did I do to deserve to go through those experiences and the ramifications said experiences still have on my day-to-day life. It’s a different kind of suffering but it’s suffering anyways - my therapist once told me that looking back at my past with a bird’s view lens, while useful and perhaps necessary, would eventually turn out to be pretty dark and severe for me because it would make me realize that everything is connected and structured in a very complex and dense architecture; that often causes me a lot of pain and dismay, even if I can admittedly tell you right now that I’m happier today than I was years ago.

Yet, coming to terms with the traumatic experiences that shaped the person you are today is a very overwhelming process to go through even if the long term purpose of that is to seek serenity and find blissfulness. I haven’t found either but I’m on my way to do so. And this is exactly what I will assume Tunnel represents: the realization that there’s a deeper meaning to every single cell and fiber of your existence, even if the outside suggests you otherwise. It’s a different kind of perspective than the one you can offer when you’re actively going through trauma but it’s one that can be just as encompassing and sprawling. For one to pick up the pieces and try to build something new, one gotta face the shambles first, head on. That’s heavy.

IMG-1607.jpg

1 hour ago, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

Spoiler

Honeymoon

White Dress

Cruel World

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Ride

The Grants 

Kill Kill

Born To Die

Textbook

Love

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

God, if you're near me, please send me three white butterflies...Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing sharks in the Pacific :trisha::trisha:

Spoiler

i looked up if there was any spiritual meaning to seeing white butterflies (for the whimsical vibes) and i found this 

“White butterflies can often be a simple message of comfort to someone, particularly if they're mourning.”

”signs like this are a wonderful balm to the loneliness we so often feel after losing a loved one. They tell us that though it may appear otherwise, we aren't alone.”

:trisha:

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

i looked up if there was any spiritual meaning to seeing white butterflies (for the whimsical vibes) and i found this 

“White butterflies can often be a simple message of comfort to someone, particularly if they're mourning.”

”signs like this are a wonderful balm to the loneliness we so often feel after losing a loved one. They tell us that though it may appear otherwise, we aren't alone.”

:trisha:

Spoiler

oh my god this album :trisha:

7 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Tunnel seems to come from someone who’s matured and grown from it but still aches looking back at it and realizing how formative and destructive those experiences were.

this is exactly what I said lol 

faSE.gif

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Fishing for sharks to make the sailing easier and less dangerous for them.

Stunning lyricism.

IMG-1607.jpg

I personally feel from the three songs I've heard that this is her darkest work yet. It's about finally unpacking the things she wasn't ready to face and really putting herself through the emotional wringer. There's a weight to it that I don't think she's explored before. That being said, I think she will balance a lot of emotions throughout the record and the ultimate takeaway will be one of hope, strength, love for yourself and others.

31 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Let's agree to disagree. I've heard the 5 songs I mentioned, and I don't hear a substantial difference in sound, or more, the production, between the songs, the way I could on 'LFL,' for example, where each song was very distinct. On the OB tracks, her voice is mixed into the back, and it sounds as if someone had a pillow over the mic. And I don't depend on what insiders have said, but I take note. Especially since the LDR albums I love most are not those of most members here. I do hope for some variety on the album but I'm not counting on it. I do like 'The Grants' very much, and 'Sweet' too. 

And to me, she looks vague, dissipated and hungover in the album art, the way Bruce Springsteen did on the cover of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' back in the day, like he was forever just getting up or going to sleep. To me, that does not suggest happiness, peace of mind, joy, self control, etc. 

:sideeye: