Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

lana has literally been announced as a performer at fucking Glastonbury in June (which 100% indicates a festival tour this summer idc) and all some of you unhappy virgins yap about is a song lyric that no one but braindead twitter maniacs will gaf about and "idk i don’t like this song, it’s another pIaNo bAlLaD aLbUm" :toofunny:

keep the boring dissertations for album release day or go be annoying on reddit

2 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Did more leaked or?

No, people are writing essays about what has already leaked

Just now, lanasbottom said:

lana has literally been announced as a performer at fucking Glastonbury in June (which 100% indicates a festival tour this summer idc) and all some of you unhappy virgins yap about is a song lyric that no one but braindead twitter maniacs will gaf about and "idk i don’t like this song, it’s another pIaNo bAlLaD aLbUm" :toofunny:

ouch lmao

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

why isn't anyone talking about this? :bebe: and why is her name so low? :oprah3:

Just now, Veinsineon said:

And Norman explores this darkness by not exploring this darkness at all! :true:

Being a vagabond poet from the Valley who yearns for the tourlyfe and misses x, y & z is a hard knock life :true:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

I'd go as far as to say that norman as an album kinda...Let The Light In :hooker:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Norman is darker than you think but that's a conversation for another thread :oprah3:

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

If you mean the title track, I can only say I wish it did for me. 

I've always made it clear to everyone on the forum that while I do love Ultraviolence, it still ranks low on my album rankings. I am just not in that type of headspace that can emotionally connect with the wild passion and fury of that album. I completely respect it and all of the people who adore it, but lyrically, it's just not my cup of tea outside of a handful of tracks (1-5, Black Beauty, and Old Money). While I was talking about the songs that I've heard from Ocean Blvd in general, I do connect with the title track. So much of it, for me, is connecting with this experience of not wanting to be forgotten by those you love after you die. I think Ocean Blvd poignantly gets at something at the core of existence, consciousness, and the human spirit that really moves me deeply. These are the reasons why I am so blown away by the new music, but I can understand why it might not hit the spot for other people. As I get older, I've started thinking more about my family, my past, trauma, spirituality, and developed more anxieties about death in general. The music on Ocean Blvd that I've heard so far encapsulates all of those anxieties and concerns, which exemplifies why I adore the music so much.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

why isn't anyone talking about this? :bebe: and why is her name so low? :oprah3:

i think the poster is in alphabetical order :nails: but omg im so excited for this summer she’s going to be doing things and i can’t wait … ocean blvd supremacy this album is going to be iconic 

sUcVobB.png

3 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:
  Hide contents

anyone else who sees this album as 'spiritual' in some form (especially regarding the intro)?

Spoiler

Yes and specially with Grandfather - yet I don’t find it religious. Just spiritual.

IMG-1607.jpg

12 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

It could be said that happiness is darker than most people realise until they have no option but to try to be happy. Because it is a choice, and it’s not something that is passively felt. It is willed, practiced, and exerted for a long time in spite of the darkness. UV sounds like blind rage drilling through dark tunnels (as it should), OB so far sounds like wilful, if quiet, self-assurance, wandering the halls of a dark house with a flickering candle.

I love this definition of happiness. It surely isnt something stable, and it comes and goes, in waves, with choices we make, people we meet and setbacks alongside the road. I see that Lana's work, as a whole, is about the search for happiness and American loneliness, told through chapters of her life: some are darker, some are lighter in tone. I'm really curious to hear how Ocean Blvd fits into all of this, but from I've read and heard, it's one of those setbacks she experienced, one where she feels lost and I kinda relate to that recently.