Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

LMLYLAW deserves better 

it is too plain for my liking, its the same reason why i am not the biggest fan of old money too

edit: i like old money more bcs of the string arrangements are heavenly but whereas lmlylaw... it is jsut a cute song

Edited by m0th3rcr33p
ion wanna get attacked for old money hate

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

1 minute ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

A&W 10/10

Body Electric 9.6/10

God Knows I tried 9.4/10

Gramma 9/10

Video Games 8.5/10

Brooklyn Baby 8.2/10 (overplayed it)

Fuck it I love you 8.0/10 (overplayed it) 

--barrier--

Let Me love you like a woman 4/10

The trio (i mean do i have to say smth for this)

Mine:

1.A&W/video games/Brooklyn baby

2.god know I tried

3.fuck it I love you

4.body electric

5.Gramma

1000000.let me love you like a woman

Just now, MrFameKills said:

1. HM

2. UV

3. BTD

4. DYKTTATUOB

5. BB

6. NFR

---------barrier----------

7. LFL

And i don't hate LFL, but it's just not comparable to the other girls

LFL should have been without abel love him but i dont like him on that track :bebe:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

24 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

Honeymoon

White Dress

The Grants

Cruel World

Born to Die

Kill Kill

Ride/Text Book

Ride/Text Book

Love

Norman Fucking Rockwell

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, latinataco said:

RANK TITLE TRACKS !

1. UV

2. HM

3. NFR

4. BTD

5. BB

6. LFL

7. DYKTTATUOB.. sorry..:deadbanana:

1. NFR

2. BTD

3. HM 

4. UV 

5. LFL 

6. DYK

7. BB 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 minute ago, latinataco said:

RANK TITLE TRACKS !

1. UV

2. HM

3. NFR

4. BTD

5. BB

6. LFL

1. UV 

2. NFR

3. BTD 

4. HM 

5. DYKTATUOB 

6. COCC

7. BB

8. LFL

Everyone getting uncomfortable with the political topic and wanting it to be moved to the random discussion thread...what if that I told you that was apart of her goal with this album? To get into the nitty gritty. Unpack the trauma. Discuss the uncomfortable topics instead of shying away from them. She's putting it all on the table. I mean, me and a few others (i think @DCooper was included) had a really insightful and imho meaningful discussion about religion when A&W dropped. Like think about... this 90% Gay ass forum, respectfully discussing things that we'd usually just immediately dismiss. Its all thanks to her, and I think it's about damn time :true: very excited to open the floodgates of discussion when the album drops

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Honeymoon

White Dress

The Grants

Cruel World

Born to Die

Kill Kill

Ride/Text Book

Ride/Text Book

Love

Norman Fucking Rockwell

omg i was in love w you bcs of your dedication to fingertips but what is this nfr slander...

2 minutes ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

it is too plain for my liking, its the same reason why i am not the biggest fan of old money too

edit: i like old money more bcs of the string arrangements are heavenly but whereas lmlylaw... it is jsut a cute song

their production is quite simple but it's the lyrics that im fond of 

32 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

Spoiler

in terms of being a good album opener, and not just a good song:

The Grants
Born To Die
Honeymoon
Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Love
White Dress
Cruel World
Text Book
Ride

but I have to say that the last ones are still good openers :true:

Just now, American Bottom said:

Everyone getting uncomfortable with the political topic and wanting it to be moved to the random discussion thread...what if that I told you that was apart of her goal with this album? To get into the nitty gritty. Unpack the trauma. Discuss the uncomfortable topics instead of shying away from them. She's putting it all on the table. I mean, me and a few others (i think @DCooper was included) had a really insightful and imho meaningful discussion about religion when A&W dropped. Like think about... this 90% Gay ass forum, respectfully discussing things that we'd usually just immediately dismiss. Its all thanks to her, and I think it's about damn time :true: very excited to open the floodgates of discussion when the album drops

i didnt want to say but i think its good to discuss political stuff idk why people want to shut it down... i mean it relates to the topic so...

13 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

wait why are most of y'all ranking love last :eek:

It’s just too linear, and too flat-sounding, it plods, the melody isn’t noteworthy. It’s basic, basically. You can tell not just from the lyrics but approach that she’s trying to please her fans (her MO for this era), and her work with Rick had come to its logical conclusion with this album, from which there were multiple better choices of fan-pleasing whilst-pushing-her-craft singles. It’s cute and has one of her better videos though!

7 minutes ago, latinataco said:

RANK TITLE TRACKS !

1. UV

2. HM

3. NFR

4. BTD

5. BB

6. LFL

8. COTCC.. forgot about this one sorry xx

Lack of taste found 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

1 minute ago, American Bottom said:

exactly. this is what she has always done since her career

1 minute ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

omg i was in love w you bcs of your dedication to fingertips but what is this nfr slander...

It's a wonderful song, but it's a very tepid opening track. All of the songs above it truly set the stage for the album; I believe that Mariners Apartment Complex should have switched spots with Norman for more of a punch the rest of her opening tracks have

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

Lack of taste found 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

ocean might be higher if i really think about it but im just stuck in UV era.

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

It's interesting that you perceive it that way, as I see it, so far, as a 'dark, sort of smothered album,' the way UV was 'dark.' The album art, to me, certainly doesn't suggest happiness or reflect someone who is currently living life to the full and enjoying themselves. The first two singles don't seem to be written from a place of happiness either to me. I've heard 'Sweet,' 'The Grants,' and 'Fingertips,' and I get the same general impression from them. There's not a lot of contrast within each of the songs, musically or lyrically, at least not in the manner we're used to from Lana and other contemporary artists. I hope the other tracks will offer more of a smorgasbord. 

For me I don't think it's nearly as dark as Ultraviolence. I think the two albums are yin and yang. Sonically there are few similarities. I find it to be closer to NFR/ Chemtrails/ Honeymoon. 

Tunnel is processing her past from the perspective of someone who has healed. I think to say "certainly doesn't suggest happiness or reflect someone who is currently living life to the full and enjoying themselves."  After Lana herself has stated that she's very happy many times is strange but that's just your perception and that's okay. 

I'm not sure what "There's not a lot of contrast within each of the songs, musically or lyrically, at least not in the manner we're used to from Lana and other contemporary artists. I hope the other tracks will offer more of a smorgasbord."  Especially after we've been told dozens of times that the album offers exactly that. The compositions of what we've heard so far (specifically released) are all completely different the only similarity being some of the instruments. Lyrically they are all structured differently as well. 

faSE.gif

8 minutes ago, latinataco said:

RANK TITLE TRACKS !

1. UV

2. HM

3. NFR

4. BTD

5. BB

6. LFL

8. COTCC.. forgot about this one sorry xx

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Norman Fucking Rockwell! 
Ocean Boulevard

Chemtrails
Lust for Life

Violet

Honeymoon

Blue Banisters (ugh this album, it ruins every list)