Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

The title track is absolutely gorgeous connected to car speakers :wowcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

17 minutes ago, Thoth said:

As pointed out by someone else in this forum, it’s based on “This Property is Condemned” OST cover from 1966.

117341902.jpg

Not that I’m complaining but If other artists like Lady Gaga did something like this they’d be hung out to dry and branded a copy cat. I know she did this with BB too and seems to be a new theme of hers ‘homaging’ other album covers.  But any of the other pop girlies would be slated. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

9 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Not that I’m complaining but If other artists like Lady Gaga did something like this they’d be hung out to dry and branded a copy cat. I know she did this with BB too and seems to be a new theme of hers ‘homaging’ other album covers.  But any of the other pop girlies would be slated. 

I don’t think so. Artists have been doing this for years. 

album-cover-parodies.jpg

screen-shot-2020-01-16-at-11.08.30-pm-e1

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I don’t think so. Artists have been doing this for years. 

album-cover-parodies.jpg

screen-shot-2020-01-16-at-11.08.30-pm-e1

Male singers seem to get less criticism I’ve noticed,  the women are always ridiculed for something or pitted against each other.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

13 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Male singers seem to get less criticism I’ve noticed,  the women are always ridiculed for something or pitted against each other.  

SZA’s most recent album cover is a homage to Princess Diana. I didn’t really see anyone calling her a copy cat or anything like that for going that route. I think most people are fine with homages as long as they are well executed. 

65144013-0-image-a-56_1669919190512.jpg

i feel like if lady gaga did some sort of homage or tribute to a past album or well-known photograph, she would receive praise and positive attention, as long as it's well-executed, she's at the status where she's able to do things like that without it appearing tacky or uninspired, especially since she's dived into other genres which were very popular in past eras, such as country and jazz

WGe8ynS.gif

37 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

dont think so. its very obvious what Lana is referencing, it only gets problematic once artists try to minimize the original's influence on their end product

image.png

I hope TUOB has a cathartic moment similar to what’s seen in White Dress, hope, Heroin, Wait For Life, etc. 

Maybe that’s where Rockefeller comes in:umadney:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I'm in the minority, but I don't think the main OB cover is very well done, artistically speaking. For the most part, for me, Lana's album covers, for such a major artist, are almost always a big disappointment. She started out strong for the first couple, and then the creative design went downhill. At least for me.  

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

so is this a genuine question or is he being cryptic about her sampling herself on the album… i can’t tell if it’s “Has Lana ever sampled her own song before? 😉” or if he is really just asking lmao

He liked “are you trying to tell us something?”

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

she has, she sampled fucked my way up to the top in ultraviolence and high by the beach in swan song

Also Born To Die ("why") on Art Deco

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

SO WHAT SONG DO WE THINK SHES SAMPLING LADIES.

Not gonna happen, but i hope it's three note piano from the 2nd verse of Lust For Life title track. 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: