Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Based on the credits it has to be something from NFR onwards or maybe an old laptop demo that doesn't have any cowriter attached :um2:

Cause even if it's subtle I'm sure Lana would credit the people that originally worked on the song 

would she have to credit them if it was just a quick melody sample though? considering i feel like she writes most of her melodies herself idk i guess that seems kind of redundant, although you’re probably right. it would be a really cool surprise to randomly get an interpolation of a BTD/UV/HM song though

WAITTT REMEMBER WHEN @111 SAID HIGH BY THE BEACH WOULD BE IMPORTANT LATER

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I feel like the next single will sample an older song… And unless it’s been explained before, Eclipse was referencing, prior to the title track being released, that one of his first posts here was the lyrics to HBTB… and it’s the last post on her official account : a reference to HBTB.  giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861ehlw9dpwi6fg2vqrq

He also mentioned Summer Bummer, perhaps Tommy Genisis collab is giving us Trap Lana:tommy:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

13 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

I have always seen WAH as a continuation of HTD, so a third part would not be strange. :true:

Same here! The seem to reference the same name/person & I’ve always thought it was a cool continuation of the narrative. 

Personally, I hope she samples a different song this time, but I’m intrigued either way:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

would she have to credit them if it was just a quick melody sample though? considering i feel like she writes most of her melodies herself idk i guess that seems kind of redundant, although you’re probably right. it would be a really cool surprise to randomly get an interpolation of a BTD/UV/HM song though

I don't think she has to cause she probably writes 99% of the melodies and lyrics herself and the cowriting credits come from the production side (which since it's still melody some artists like Lana choose to credit on writing too).

I guess it would be simpler to just put the whole original credits 

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i feel like songs on the album will sample each other .. and there will be beautiful transitions and it’ll all flow perfectly just like honeymoon :oprah:

Wait... maybe she just samples the title track :thumb2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think she has to cause she probably writes 99% of the melodies and lyrics herself and the cowriting credits come from the production side (which since it's still melody some artists like Lana choose to credit on writing too).

when the last lyric on the album is the same as the first lyric of The Grants that will be iconic yep

5 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

remember we don't have the production list, so she probably may have used a sample from any era and give the credits... I don't think she would put it on the cover as well for just a sample.

This makes sense too... maybe she’s just using some of the iconic BTD era strings :judgingu3:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe this is how Rick will be on the album after all :coffee::mj2:

10 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

WAITTT REMEMBER WHEN @111 SAID HIGH BY THE BEACH WOULD BE IMPORTANT LATER

Wait didn’t someone say the weepy lilted western string sound from Crazy For You was also used in various Honeymoon tracks including HBTB? OMG it really is all coming together :oprah4:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861ehlw9dpwi6fg2vqrq

15 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I feel like the next single will sample an older song… And unless it’s been explained before, Eclipse was referencing, prior to the title track being released, that one of his first posts here was the lyrics to HBTB… and it’s the last post on her official account : a reference to HBTB.  
edit: the long-ass acronym song has a Maritime reference and hints at some things she wants to say to critics. And HBTB is well very much maritime (duh) and is, in parts, about paparazzi…

your mind….I hope you’re right!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

When we expected soft rock and ballads and she brings back the trap beats :thumb3:

I think it's just going to be something subtle like a chord progression and that's it. Maybe it's so subtle that BOZ only realized now and that's why he teased it today :um2:

giphy.gif