Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Sure it’s fake

7 minutes ago, ADDICTEDTOLANA said:

https://twitter.com/givemethekarma/status/1630760313107673089?s=46&t=GNtynRXVc-dLnVlk_DWt9Q

Do you think that this post is real? It’s a screen of a chat where you can see the album in what I think is a store

Everything. Forever.

i think it might realistically L word next week around the original release date there is bound to be something sent out accidentally :xgiggle:

reminder NOT to post any links and NO telling people where to find it (unless you really want a ban:sass:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

6 hours ago, love deluxe said:

i do too! and i don’t dislike blue banisters at all. it just feels more like a compilation than an album where cotcc is very cohesive to the point where on my first few listens a lot of the songs kinda blended together, but it’s one of those albums that sounds better on repeated listens for sure. but i feel like DYK… is gonna be nothing like any other ldr album to be perfectly honest. (...) 

I feel the same about BB. Because waiting is so hard, I now made - mixing BB and the lead single - a compilation album, which I am listening to non stop right now, and it is amazing how well the first single of the upcoming album blends into some of the BB tracks, for my ears at least...! (I still absolutely cannot picture how DYKTTAT... and A&W will sound in the same album... I cannot bring them together in my mind...) 

1. Did you know... 

2. If you lie down... 

3. Arcadia

4. Interlude

5. Black Bathing Suit

6. Violets for Roses

This really sounds like one album 😁❤️

It was expensive watch it 

15 minutes ago, Olympia said:

I still absolutely cannot picture how DYKTTAT... and A&W will sound in the same album... I cannot bring them together in my mind...

this is how i feelll 😭 dyk sounds somewhat like a song from bb but a&w is like a whole new soundscape

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Personally, I don’t think Ocean Blvd sounds like a Blue Banisters song. I think the song has this more dreamy beachy costal polished sound. This definitely differs from the very straight forward raw and simple tones of Blue Banisters 

31 minutes ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

guys can u stop posting for a second i’ve been catching up for days and im somehow still 200 pages behind PLEASE:icant:

You.are.my.hero :kiss2: 

I’ll be waiting for you…

7 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Personally, I don’t think Ocean Blvd sounds like a Blue Banisters song. I think the song has this more dreamy beachy costal polished sound. This definitely differs from the very straight forward raw and simple tones of Blue Banisters 

Exactly this dreamy atmosphere I hear in so many BB sounds. Chemtrails sounded much more raw to me than BB. It's fascinating always how much perception differs. 

2 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Exactly this dreamy atmosphere I hear in so many BB sounds. Chemtrails sounded much more raw to me than BB. It's fascinating always how much perception differs. 

Honestly tho, when I talk about Blue Banisters I am mainly referring to the songs actually recorded for the album (so basically the singles) so that is where our opinions may differ 

24 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Honestly tho, when I talk about Blue Banisters I am mainly referring to the songs actually recorded for the album (so basically the singles) so that is where our opinions may differ 

That's the point to maybe indeed. I did not include textbook, wildflower wildfire and blue banisters into that compilation. BB is simply kind of 2 albums (or more) :-D

I'm so excited for the narrative journey this album is going to take us on!  I know she's downplayed the world-building aspects of this latest work, but I just take that to mean she's established the world already in her body of work and now she can focus on the ideas and messaging!  I'm already seeing the threads like how in DYK... she talks about "love me until I love myself" and it's kind of this idea (I feel anyway) about the lengths people go to to try to be remembered (and does it pay off?  I like how it doesn't resolve that idea!), and then in A&W the "character" has, instead of looking for validation from without, become inward with "it's not about having someone to love me anymore", and yet it's still a destructive path!  Sorry I'm just too excited, sorry for the rambling! (I haven't felt a potential A-to-B-to-C journey album from her since NFR and I'm here for it!)

EDIT: and I need to know how it all comes together at the Taco Truck *haha*