Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

This is not personal or directed towards you or anything but at some point we need to give this anti-Tik-Tok speech a rest because it’s very much giving boomer energy back when most of us got into Facebook and then migrated to Instagram. I know dozens of people who are very much into TikTok AND are perfectly able to enjoy art expressions that are dense and complex. These two things aren’t mutually exclusive and I wish people stopped with this morally superior stance because it’s unnecessary painting young(er) people as idiots and I think we all remember how alienating and isolating that feeling was when older people did the same to us. 

The people who won’t be able to get into the wordier parts of this album are the same breed of people who never got into Fiona Apple, Björk, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, et al - they always existed, regardless of whatever social media they’re on and even before social media was even a concept. And that’s ok. We can’t all appreciate everything at the same time or with the same dedication. Let’s just stop shading people for no reason because it’s making us sound bitter and like the people from previous generations that we (still?) resent.

i know this wasn’t aimed at me, but i’m 20 and a singer myself and i HATE tiktok and i have not met a single person it has not RUINED. attention span wise, physically with their intellect, just so many things. i am watching people around me just turn braindead and they are all avidly obsessed with tiktok, it is insane.. i used it for a couple of weeks and i will not touch it at all because you literally spend so so long on there. 

not only just that but it completely destroys the music industry, everyone’s trying to make songs that ‘trend’ and are like 2:45-3:20 min songs that generally have no substance but sound cool in an edit etc.. my friends only like the songs because it’s the ‘tiktok version’.. it is literally killing my people :/

and i’ll be real, the people who are very into tiktok do not have the attention span to listen to a&w without getting bored (first hand experience of people i have spoken to) and something like fingertips, people WILL NOT get it because they will clock out and they just don’t appreciate proper music anymore unless it’s short and ‘boppy’ - i love a song with a pulse but dear lord even if i don’t ‘love’ fingertips i can still appreciate it as a singer-songwriter myself, and from what i’ve read from the spoilers it is very very confessional and personal and even if it doesn’t have that much of a melody it still has a storytelling aspect i suppose. 

more on topic: i had a breakdown like an hour ago and i was very tempted to listen to the leak to cheer myself up, but i don’t want to taint my first listen with tagged shit and it also not being all leaked all together 

3 hours ago, your dealer said:

Personally, TikTok is a disease to the music industry. It's requiring songs to fit into a certain box or format in order to go viral so people can make more money. It's capitalism. People are literally making music now specifically so it can be used on TikTok instead of making music because it's good. Lana's music doesn't and never has fit into that box nor does she care to conform to it because she makes true art. :true:

this is what i was trying to say

1 minute ago, gothphetamine said:

I’m going to allow myself to listen to ONE, but which is the most upbeat (if any)?. My meds haven’t kicked in yet so I can’t listen to anything that sounds too sad LMAO

The Grants

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, gothphetamine said:

I’m going to allow myself to listen to ONE, but which is the most upbeat (if any)?. My meds haven’t kicked in yet so I can’t listen to anything that sounds too sad LMAO

Spoiler

Judah Smith Interlude!!! 

1 minute ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i know this wasn’t aimed at me, but i’m 20 and a singer myself and i HATE tiktok and i have not met a single person it has not RUINED. attention span wise, physically with their intellect, just so many things. i am watching people around me just turn braindead and they are all avidly obsessed with tiktok, it is insane.. i used it for a couple of weeks and i will not touch it at all because you literally spend so so long on there. 

not only just that but it completely destroys the music industry, everyone’s trying to make songs that ‘trend’ and are like 2:45-3:20 min songs that generally have no substance but sound cool in an edit etc.. my friends only like the songs because it’s the ‘tiktok version’.. it is literally killing my people :/

and i’ll be real, the people who are very into tiktok do not have the attention span to listen to a&w without getting bored (first hand experience of people i have spoken to) and something like fingertips, people WILL NOT get it because they will clock out and they just don’t appreciate proper music anymore unless it’s short and ‘boppy’ - i love a song with a pulse but dear lord even if i don’t ‘love’ fingertips i can still appreciate it as a singer-songwriter myself, and from what i’ve read from the spoilers it is very very confessional and personal and even if it doesn’t have that much of a melody it still has a storytelling aspect i suppose. 

more on topic: i had a breakdown like an hour ago and i was very tempted to listen to the leak to cheer myself up, but i don’t want to taint my first listen with tagged shit and it also not being all leaked all together 

A lot of them are listening to A&W but they’re only listening to the second half and it infuriates me SO much because it’s more than just a catchy ditty to make outfit checks and thirst traps to

I hope you feel better now btw <3

Lana's voice has changed so much over the years, to the point where there are distinct "eras" of her voice, i feel like i've never listened to an artist who's voice changed so much through their albums.

2008-2010

2011-2015

2016-2020

2021-2023

Spoiler

like tbh if someone showed me Groupie Love and Fingertips acapella I wouldn't think it was the same person singing

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

album leaked and you guys acting like nothing would have happened :um2:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

guys maybe Lanas issue with leaks isn't bc of money? i mean it's prob what her team is concerned w,

but Lana doesn't really seem to care about success, she just wants to make her art.

Drawing from my own experiences only, I'm guessing it's more about the feeling of intrusion, having us all listen to her intimate thoughts and stories before she decides that she wants us to. Even if it's just three weeks. 

idk it's just a thought and I still listen to them, but I do have a massive amount of respect for anyone who manages to wait until the release

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

1 minute ago, Luna de miel said:

guys maybe Lanas issue with leaks isn't bc of money? i mean it's prob what her team is concerned w,

but Lana doesn't really seem to care about success, she just wants to make her art.

Drawing from my own experiences only, I'm guessing it's more about the feeling of intrusion, having us all listen to her intimate thoughts and stories before she decides that she wants us to. Even if it's just three weeks. 

idk it's just a thought and I still listen to them, but I do have a massive amount of respect for anyone who manages to wait until the release

Of course it's not abt money, she doesn't care abt that tbh

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Fingertips is so hypnotic.....this sounds so silly, but I feel like I'm a baby and she's singing me the darkest lullaby ever

:toofunny: it also feels like she's a siren, pulling me under the waves

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

I’ve had a super crazy day at work and have been playing Lana’s whole discography on shuffle, which I almost never do. And it’s truly amazing how much she has changed, yet each era is truly unique and special. And yet nothing I have heard has been comparable to what she’s done on Ocean Blvd yet. The BB and Chemtrails tracks have similar vocal, but much different productions 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Lana's voice has changed so much over the years, to the point where there are distinct "eras" of her voice, i feel like i've never listened to an artist who's voice changed so much through their albums.

2008-2010

2011-2015

2016-2020

2021-2023

Reveal hidden contents

like tbh if someone showed me Groupie Love and Fingertips acapella I wouldn't think it was the same person singing

While I think Lana’s voice has changed with maturity/training, I think a lot of the differences you hear are her being able to use different vocal techniques to make her voice sound certain ways based on the song or her current inspiration (ie folk, pop, grunge etc) I did vocal training for years and there are so many ways to manipulate your vocal chords to sound however you want especially for the really talented people like Lana 

Spoiler

ok i relistened to the leaks... Grandfather, The Grants, Peppers, Sweet, Fingertips

Peppers would probably be number one if I could hear it better:facepalm:

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

ok i relistened to the leaks... Grandfather, The Grants, Peppers, Sweet, Fingertips

Peppers would probably be number one if I could hear it better:facepalm:

No literally 

5 minutes ago, Luna de miel said:

This, and regardless of if you bought the records or not, if somebody has outright asked you not to listen to something they’ve created before they release and has openly expressed how it hurts them, then that’s disrespectful 

Just because somebody is an artist does not make you entitled to them, she’s still a person.. 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Just now, emliqua said:

While I think Lana’s voice has changed with maturity/training, I think a lot of the differences you hear are her being able to use different vocal techniques to make her voice sound certain ways based on the song or her current inspiration (ie folk, pop, grunge etc) I did vocal training for years and there are so many ways to manipulate your vocal chords to sound however you want especially for the really talented people like Lana 

Ya I actually relistened to Groupie Love and i think she uses a lot less reverb now so it's clearer, but she also sings a lot more breathy and high since Chemtrails