Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

actually the only thing that might lower the record's score are the interludes and maybe her more "controversial" lyrics, other than that i think it's going to have unniversal acclaim even without being "cohesive", which i don't even think is that important either for a good score nowadays

The controversial lyrics aren’t what I think could lower the score, if there are any. If the vision is inconsistent / not genuine, or if it sounds like a caricature of herself, or if the heavy stuff we hear in the early tracks don’t seem to have a good transition with the « lighter » tracks, this she’ll get dragged for. Or if the controversial lyrics feel forced or a repetition from album to album (which is not the case).
Bonus points for the score if she channels some sort of classic sound without mimicking it, making it her own (which what was Norman: neo Laurel-Canyon « before the doom »ish / death of the American Dream) 

I think that fishtail will be transition point. It'll start soft and gentle as most of the previous tracks and than change on the second half. So well be ready for the next 2 bangers 

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

If it gets a 9+ on pitchfork hate on me all u want lol I never even said it’s gonna be bad💀 I just think it’s not gonna get a 9+ on pitchfork 

Nobody's hating on you, everyone responding to your post right now are actually being very considerate and respectful. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Bonus points for the score if she channels some sort of classic sound without mimicking it, making it her own (which what was Norman: neo Laurel-Canyon « before the doom »ish / death of the American Dream) 

i think thats  what critics LOVED about A&W the first part really looks like an 80's grunge rock sound but reworked in a way the only lana could bring up to the table

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

And one thing that i think we're all missing of in this puzzle is: The last time that we've got an album with multiple hip-hop influenced tracks was lust for life, because norman just have doin time. The reputation that she had back there was NOTHING compared to nowadays. So we don't know actually how the critics can react to these tracks

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Nobody's hating on you, everyone responding to your post right now are actually being very considerate and respectful. 

I know I wasn’t saying people were I was saying if I’m wrong u guys have the right to attack me Lollll I realize how it came across tho

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

I know I wasn’t saying people were I was saying if I’m wrong u guys have the right to attack me Lollll I realize how it came across tho

Gotcha, my bad :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It's just so weird to me how this album hasn't leaked yet, like the leaks rollout that occurred so far is very... flaccid. :azealia:

Anyway it really doesn’t matter to me if it gets critical acclaim because It will be acclaimed by me:blush3:

Just now, Zetterberg said:

The Grants got a track length on iTunes :makeup:

We know❤️ You are very late❤️

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

is this album pre-release cycle just a new layer of hell? :sadcore4:

Not every Lana pre-release being a layer of hell and we are finally in the 9th circle omfg:tommy:

1 hour ago, ShootingNeon said:

I’m losing hope guys, we ain’t getting the album any time soon :toofloppy:

wdym it's literally coming out everywheeeere, in less than two weeks :oprah3:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Just now, Zetterberg said:

Sorry! Hasn’t been reading this thread a lot :toofunny:

It’s ok I’m just being silly Lol! It’s coming out as a single on Tuesday and Lana is going on BBC radio 1 to do an interview along with the release,  apparently she will be announcing a surprise as well:really: