Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i think most part of it is very cohesive, but she has some experimental approaches. In my opinion, its not that delusional. Venice bitch was very experimental to lana's discography and the critiques received well, just like A&W, and i think shes very reminiscent of NFR with the soundscape of the record, like, its mostly produced by Jack again, the lyrics are very interesting just like her less commercial past records that she had a very stable acclaim. The only thing that itches me is: the featurings and how other experimental tracks will be received since its a risky choice, it can be a 8 or 80 u know? 

I’m thinking an 8-8.5, i dont think it’s going to be canned or anything. Venice Bitch was experimental but worked with all the other songs because the album was a mix of psychedelic/folk-inspired/surf music, which are all generes that are in similar realms. However having a song like Peppers and Fingertips in the same album is not sonically cohesive at all😭. Cohesion isn’t the only thing that makes an album good, but it is something critics look at a lot. Also her placing most of the bops at the end of the record makes it worse imo bc it goes from 0-100 really quick and catches you off guard.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, Im a ghost now said:

this feels like an endless loop :icant:

I was just gonna say. What in the Groundhog Day is happening today :bebe:

I really don’t think the picture disk means much at this point tbh

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, gorillagrippedcoochie said:

omg we won:godlaugh:

we have OLX in our country and it’s definitely a hit or miss (mostly a miss in my opinion), so i wouldn’t rely too much on it…

Just now, lanita said:

we have OLX in our country and it’s definitely a hit or miss (mostly a miss in my opinion), so i wouldn’t rely too much on it…

where I'm from it's infamous for being a facade for kidnapping

12 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i think most part of it is very cohesive, but she has some experimental approaches. In my opinion, its not that delusional. Venice bitch was very experimental to lana's discography and the critiques received well, just like A&W, and i think shes very reminiscent of NFR with the soundscape of the record, like, its mostly produced by Jack again, the lyrics are very interesting just like her less commercial past records that she had a very stable acclaim. The only thing that itches me is: the featurings and how other experimental tracks will be received since its a risky choice, it can be a 8 or 80 u know? 

actually the only thing that might lower the record's score are the interludes and maybe her more "controversial" lyrics, other than that i think it's going to have unniversal acclaim even without being "cohesive", which i don't even think is that important either for a good score nowadays

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I’m thinking an 8-8.5, i dont think it’s going to be canned or anything. Venice Bitch was experimental but worked with all the other songs because the album was a mix of psychedelic/folk-inspired/surf music, which are all generes that are in similar realms. However having a song like Peppers and Fingertips in the same album is not sonically cohesive at all😭. Cohesion isn’t the only thing that makes an album good, but it is something critics look at a lot. Also her placing most of the bops at the end of the record makes it worse imo bc it goes from 0-100 really quick and catches you off guard.

I think it depends how the tracks flow from one to the other.. A&W on paper should not work! But she killed it! Im big on cohesion too- which is why even though I love bb songs individually, the record is my least favourite. But if A&W is anything to go by, there is the potentially that she can pull all these songs which are sonically worlds apart and create a cohesive album. BOZ described it as a journey!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

actually the only thing that might lower the record's score are the interludes and maybe her more "controversial" lyrics, other than that i think it's going to have unniversal acclaim even without being "cohesive", which i don't even think is that important either for a good score nowadays

If it gets a 9+ on pitchfork hate on me all u want lol I never even said it’s gonna be bad💀 I just think it’s not gonna get a 9+ on pitchfork 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Critical acclaim, schmitical acclaim. I really don't care about what critics will think of this record; leave the circlejerk. :true:

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i mean rosalía put G3 N15 and CUUUUuuuuuute on the same album and it's still a critical sucess

10 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Idk, like if you think about it maybe the album could be like a gradient change of the sound, you mentioned fingertips and peppers in the same album , but there are like 5 track between each other that has different vibes as well that could bridge a transition of these different worlds that makes sense to the record. Imo, putting all the bops at the end could exactly be the perfect choice to organize where shes landing after all thoses reflections that she brings in the side a of the record. Also ,the pianos ballads comming back and forth on the tracklist can be the element that really ties everything up together(just like norman) , i think theres potential, but yeah its pretty hard.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Pitchfork is going to eat this album up. :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

41 minutes ago, The Grants said:

she screams a lot on A&W

I was thinking more like “I don’t wanna live” screams than “IT’S LIT” in the background 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her