Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

I haven't listened to the leak, but I don't mind reading spoilers. I have a question...

Hide contents

Are the Kintsugi lyrics as personal and revealing as the Fingertips lyrics? Are the two songs somehow similar in sound, themes explored, etc? I remember she described them both as wordy, but not sure what to expect from Kintsugi

Spoiler

Kintsugi is definitely personal (and she name drops somebody), Kintsugi is more ballad-y

4 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Hide contents

Is it confirmed that she says Lake Placid? I thought she says "Do you get it?" at least that's what @fl0r1dakil0s teased.

Spoiler

i thought so too but listening again and very closely i think she might actually be saying lake placid  :thumb3:

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Less revealing, but just as personal if that makes sense. Kintsugi is very cathartic, she's working through generational issues in more of an abstract way. Fingertips, still abstract, is straight up devastating and revealing about painful memories and talks about her entire family. 

you are more eloquent than I could ever be

I feel like the standard cover fits this album best, but I really want the store white vinyl. My only complaint with that one though is the title isn’t on the front and there’s no track list on the back either 

Spoiler

The Judah Smith interlude following A&W is such a great choice imo

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

does anyone actually enjoy

Hide contents

the judah smith interlude..... like.... listening to it twice is enough for a lifetime... i dont need someone screaming at me when im trying to listen to the aoty

Spoiler

ngl i skip it every time :hottie:

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Less revealing, but just as personal if that makes sense. Kintsugi is very cathartic, she's working through generational issues in more of an abstract way. Fingertips, still abstract, is straight up devastating and revealing about painful memories and talks about her entire family. 

exactly what @road1029384756 said! your takes are my favourite and i hope you’ll be back soon from your break :) 

8 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

I haven't listened to the leak, but I don't mind reading spoilers. I have a question...

Hide contents

Are the Kintsugi lyrics as personal and revealing as the Fingertips lyrics? Are the two songs somehow similar in sound, themes explored, etc? I remember she described them both as wordy, but not sure what to expect from Kintsugi

Spoiler

Yes, I would say so. Kintsugi is more classically structured with a coherent chorus (and beautiful melody to boot) but retains the run-on-ness that bleeds over totally into Fingertips, which is her just singing whatever was on her mind and heart at time of recording. Fingertips sort of functions as an interlude I’d argue.

Spoiler

I never anticipated Paris, Texas or Sweet being highlights for me, but they are. I adore them with all my heart :crai:

Only my second listen-through, but this album has a lot to unpack and there is no way I could rank any of these songs yet. But I love it.

Happy as the moonshine

On 2/15/2023 at 6:02 PM, Poppers said:

ocean blvd expected release date: december 9

actual release: december 7

a&w expected release date: february 16

actual release: february 14

we're actually getting the album in the 22th! :oop2:

Help there's no way I predicted the listening party :hair:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

Just now, lanitataco said:

for some reason the songs have better quality better once i uploaded them to my itunes library :usrs:

Spoiler

I’ve converted the files to AAC on iTunes and the quality seems immaculate!