Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I need taco truck to have another verse, it feels too short:air:

The delulu in me wants to believe the real surprise is there is an extended length digital only version of the album about to drop...i'm sure the space limitations of vinyl were on their mind the whole time, since they seemed to cut it so close as is.

1 hour ago, Fingertips said:

Fingertips track by track review for @Jeanne Dielman, @DCooper, and whoever else asked (I'm taking a break from this forum after reading some of the most braindead & hypocritical shit takes I've ever read on this forum)

Reveal hidden contents

1. The Grants

I wasn't really the biggest fan of this track when it first came out. It didn't really hit me in the same way as the other two pre-release singles, and definitely felt a little short. However, in context of the album, it flourishes. Super essential opening track and gently guides us through the incoming themes of the record.

7.5 on first listen, 9 after the album leaked.

2. Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd?

One of my favorite tracks from LDR. Lyrically, a highlight in her career. The build up at the end is still mindblowing.

10/10

3. Sweet

One of the tracks that needs reparations from the insider's opinions. Much deeper and more complex than the simple and surface level "love song." Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and definitely not inconsequential 

9/10

4. A&W

Everyone knows that I wasn't the biggest cheerleader for this song when it dropped, but it truly is an excellent track and works even better in context.

10/10

8. Kintsugi

Second track that needs reparations from BoZo and frenemy @111 Stunning, strange, and definitely one of my favorites. Might be the slowest track in Lana's released catalog, but for that, I appreciate it and find the emotional payoff to be worth it

10/10

9. Fingertips

What can I say that I haven't already? Devastating and beyond gorgeous. Never heard a Lana track like this before. Very Tori/Fiona/Kate Bush.

10/10

10. Paris, Texas

My least favorite song on the album. It's very good, don't get me wrong, but definitely not my cup of tea.

7.5/10

11. Grandfather...

RIOPY's description of this song feeling like the sea, and seeing the "liquid blue" of the ocean is so accurate. Sings her heart out over a very nautical soundscape and the lyrics are extremely beautiful. The older and wiser brother to Mariners Apartment Complex.

10/10

12. Let the Light In

If someone told me this was a remastered outtake from Ultraviolence, I would believe you. What a phenomenal, bluesy/country twanged track that reminds me a little bit of a more complex IYLDWM. Father John Misty and Lana are musical soulmates, they sound beautiful together.

10/10

13. Margaret

Really sweet song, but I don't have much to say about it. Jack sounds very much like Bon Iver on this song. The "rom com" description of the song from Rolling Stone was pretty accurate for sure. I respect it!

8/10

14. Fishtail

HOLY MOLY. The braindead opinions about this song are why I'm taking a step back from this forum, but this is the collapse of the century. One of her greatest midtempo sultry songs to date. Black Bathing Suit and Tulsa had a beautiful baby. This is the song for the girls who get it.

10/10

15. Peppers

Super, super, super crazy track. I never expected something like this from Lana, although it does echo some of her pre-BTD unreleased. Definitely a bop for the Geminis in the room who love the chaos!

9/10

16. Taco Truck x VB

I don't have much to say about this one, either. It's pretty good and I love the transition to VB. 
8/10

Spoiler

TJF AND BBS? I’m listening to Fishtail asap

whatarecoloris.jpg

can someone explain how the sample is integrated on Fishtail 'cause i'm lowkey obsessed with the intro of the sample's instrumental :wub: 

3 minutes ago, Bonita said:

can someone explain how the sample is integrated on Fishtail 'cause i'm lowkey obsessed with the intro of the sample's instrumental :wub: 

Spoiler

Most of fishtail is the instrumental WITH the beat, not the piano parts, it does sound like there's extra piano and beats on top of it, but the synths all sound the same
Pretty cool usage, it's more recognizable than unrecognizable

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

why are pages disappearing wtf

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

I don't know why, but Grandfather makes me think of Coraline. The chord progressions are so beautiful though, and the vocal performance is stellar 

imageproxy.jpg

100 pages to catch up on :mj3: wish me luck

Also reading through all these spoilers knowing I shouldn't but my memory is shit and I'll forget what was said about these songs by next Friday anyways 

4 minutes ago, American Whore said:

why are pages disappearing wtf

ok so it's not just me
it feels like we lost at least 30 minutes of posts in total

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

On 3/16/2023 at 6:00 PM, Crimson and Clover said:

The HM listening session ‘leaks’ were so fun. Honestly once they found out Tunnel was leaking, her management should’ve set up listening parties to at least monetize on that, encourage pre-ordering vinyls, etc. I guess it’s too soon in advance but that would’ve been fun 

Well... I guess they're reading us!

Hi Ben! Hi Ed! 

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

ok so it's not just me

posts were moved to the listening party thread :) 

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

ok so it's not just me

yeah like let us fucking do what we're fucking doing :bye3:

and moving all the posts just took people out of this thread.... it makes 0 sense but whatever i guess.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, Super Movie said:
  Hide contents

I don't know why, but Grandfather makes me think of Coraline. The chord progressions are so beautiful though, and the vocal performance is stellar 

Spoiler

I thought that too, about Paris as well!  

giphy.gif