Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Right now:

Hide contents

Paris Texas, Grandfather, A&W, Taco Truck and Margaret, with Let The Light In and Fingertips really high on my list too. I also still really love The Grants.

The closest to a skip for me is Sweet not because it’s bad but because I just can’t connect with the Broadway-like sonority and Drew’s orchestration can be hit or miss for me.

Wbu?

Spoiler

actually i have listened only to a few leaks and i can say that I extremely love paris, texas, i find sweet very beautiful actually and then I listened only to the beginning of some songs: taco truck and peppers impressed me much, the seconds i heard of the interludes were very interesting and i’m curious about how fingertips and kintsuji evolve since i haven’t finished listening to them ( even if i kinda understood that kintsuji doesn’t really evolve and so fingertips) The album seems to be a really good one

My ranking so far:

Spoiler

1. Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
2. Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
3. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing (feat. RIOPY)
4. Kintsugi
5. Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
6. A&W
7. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
8. Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
9. Taco Truck x VB
10. Sweet
11. The Grants
12. Fishtail
13. Fingertips
14. Jon Batiste Interlude
15. Judah Smith Interlude

NEVER BEFORE SEEN PHOTO OF LANA DEL REY LEAVING THE STUDIO AFTER RECORDING LTLI, MARGARET, PEPPERS, FISHTAIL, AND TT x VBFEkdIjpWQAQSGGx?format=jpg&name=900x900

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

After listening to the new tracks on repeat during my work day 

Spoiler

I was going to give a new top 3, but honestly they are all hitting for me. I love them all and each brings something different to the table.

the “piano” songs on this album have so much more punch to them than on other albums. Kintsugi, Sweet, and my favorite: The Grants

Paris, Texas and Grandfather are SO good as a pair, that placement is a great choice. And LTLI right after might be the best three song run on the album for me. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

:hype:FIRST IMPRESSION RATINGS:hype:

I had my first listen by the ocean on the beach earlier today and I'm so glad I did because it was such a special experience. So excited to get to know the album more. Here are my first impressions and rankings...

Spoiler

1. The Grants

A gorgeous track. A great intro and sets the tone for the record perfectly in my opinion. Love the backing girls and love the spoken/sung intro. The ending and vocals are heavenly and definitely a tear jerker for sure. I wish there was a second verse which would make the ending even more impactful in my opinion.

Rating - 9/10

2. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

A classic when it came out and still a classic to this day. Still sounds as fresh as ever and a welcome reinvigoration of her sound. Introspective and thoughtful lyrics with strong melodies and delicate production. Obsessed is an understatement.

Rating - 9.5/10

3. Sweet

Every single insider and fans who spoke down on my child sweet needs to record an apology video (WITH TEARS) right away. One of my favourite songs off the record, I think it's the grown up sister of Beautiful which I personally loved. Such a stunning track and she sounds amazing. The wait for life-esque chorus made me so emotional. The second verse is equally as mesmerising and the way she sings ' Do you want children? Do you wanna marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in Long Beach by the sea?' had me BAWLING!

Rating - 10/10

4. A&W

If I ever wanted 7 minutes to pass and feel like a minute then I would put this on and shut my eyes. This being a 2-parter is genius actually like the transition is the cleanest thing I've ever heard. I like the non traditional song structure in the first half and the personal lyrics. I think it's produced really well and it's an enjoyable listen. The second half is an instant classic and is so reminiscent of her earlier work which I've been wanting for so long. Honestly love love love. 

Rating - 9/10

5/6/7. Interludes + CN (Which we don't have lol)

I thought I would hate the interludes, but came to love them. I think the pastor interlude is creepy and striking, being placed in the album perfectly. I think the echo and guitar fit really well but again, could do with being a bit shorter.

The Jon interlude is great too, and think it sounds amazing. I love her vocals and the shout talking with the echoed production. I hope the song she's singing ends up being CN or another song we get as it sounds great. 

Regarding the CN snippet... anyways... moving on...

Rating - 7.9/10

8. Kintsugi

I wasn't sure how to feel going into this when reading @111's opinions on it (not that I let insider opinions sway me). I pressed play and fell in love with the piano. I think it's a great song, but I would happily shave 2 minutes off the song. I see what he means now and kinda wish it was a bit shorter. I think it's beautiful, but it does go on for a bit too long so I might find myself skipping it half way through. Minus that, it has a beautiful melody and I really like the structure. Apart from the sound of it, I think the lyrics are really really good and are of top tier quality as the whole album is.

Rating - 8/10

9. Fingertips

I purposely haven't spent much time with fingertips, and only listened to it twice. From my listens, It is a gorgeous track and I don't even notice the structure, or lack thereof. The person who described it as a 5 minute trauma dump is so right but I think it's an important track and deserves it's place on the track list. A standout track lyrically, I think she needed to get this out.

Rating - 8.5/10

10. Paris, Texas

Again, I haven't had much time to digest her, but from my first listen I think it's quite a nice track to relax to. I think she's cute, but need some more listens to full 'get' it.

Rating - 8/10

11. Grandfather...

Yeah an instant classic... I was apprehensive because of the title but this song is sososo good. My first listen was by the ocean and it made it a godly experience. I love the melody and the lyrics are really cute. The way she sings the butterfly lyric as well like okay!

Rating - 9/10

12. Let the Light In

After Buddy's Rendezvous I knew this would be great and I wasn't wrong. This is like the grown up version of Tomorrow Never Came, which I already love. I love how their vocals mesh together for the chorus and Lana's notes are so beautiful. I really enjoyed the lyrics and think the entire song is better than I expected.

Rating - 9/10

13. Margaret

At no point in my almost 23 years of existence did I think a song featuring Jack(off) would be one of the best tracks I've heard in a long time. URM HUH? Who the HELL expected that... This song is incredible. Like, amazing. Lana speaking at the end? Jacks almost incoherent singing (which I really enjoyed), and the general vibe of the song? ALL INCREDIBLE. Yeah this is a standout for sure. 

Rating - 10/10

14. Fishtail

I expected this to sound way different than it does, for good reasons. I really liked this one and thought the chorus fit well, even though it made me jump when it started lol. I like the 'bombastic' sound and I really hope she goes further in this direction. It reminds me of Tulsa Jesus Freak but a more intense version, which I really wished for TJF.

Rating - 9/10

15. Peppers

oh bvtch... yeah this is the best song of the decade. I cannot believe this exists in the Lana MultiVerse honestly it is an instant classic and it NEEDS to be sent to radio I love it so much. The lyrics, the instrumental, TOMMY? All LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Rating - 10/10

16. Taco Truck x VB

I'm a VB lover but I just feel like this song did not need to exist in the way it does. The beginning is stunning, and the non VB parts are insanely good, but I feel like the remix should be a standalone remixed version of VB alone, as it is a great remix. I think Taco Truck could've been a song, and then the VB part as a separate remix. That being said, the song is great, and a welcome addition as someone who adores The Trio. A great closer, and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Rating - 9/10

OVERALL ALBUM RATING: 9/10

Overall, this album is incredible, and I am so glad she is heading in this direction. She clearly has her spark and inspiration back and this album has dethroned Honeymoon as my second favourite Lana album.

Standouts: Sweet, Peppers, Let The Light In, Margaret 

:hair: WE LOVE YOU LANA DEL REY LANA DEL REY WE LOVE YOU :hair:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

18 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I didn't read all posts today so maybe it was brought up already but it seems the leaked tracks are unmastered, the lengths don't match with the ones on the album.

Spoiler

That would explain why some songs sound muffled?

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

I had my first listen by the ocean on the beach earlier today and I'm so glad I did because it was such a special experience. So excited to get to know the album more. Here are my first impressions and rankings...

Hide contents

1. The Grants

A gorgeous track. A great intro and sets the tone for the record perfectly in my opinion. Love the backing girls and love the spoken/sung intro. The ending and vocals are heavenly and definitely a tear jerker for sure. I wish there was a second verse which would make the ending even more impact in my opinion.

Rating - 9/10

A classic when it came out and still a classic to this day. Still sounds as fresh as ever and a welcome reinvigoration of her sound. Introspective and thoughtful lyrics with strong melodies and delicate production. Obsessed is an understatement.

Rating - 9.5/10

3. Sweet

Every single insider and fans who spoke down on my child sweet needs to record an apology video (WITH TEARS) right away. One of my favourite songs off the record, I think it's the grown up sister of Beautiful which I personally loved. Such a stunning track and she sounds amazing. The wait for life-esque chorus made me so emotional. The second verse is equally as mesmerising and the way she sings ' Do you want children? Do you wanna marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in Long Beach by the sea?' had me BAWLING!

Rating - 10/10

4. A&W

If I ever wanted 7 minutes to pass and feel like a minute then I would put this on and shut my eyes. This being a 2-parter is genius actually like the transition is the cleanest thing I've ever heard. I like the non traditional song structure in the first half and the personal lyrics. I think it's produced really well and it's an enjoyable listen. The second half is an instant classic and is so reminiscent of her earlier work which I've been wanting for so long. Honestly love love love. 

Rating - 9/10

I thought I would hate the interludes, but came to love them. I think the pastor interlude is creepy and striking, being placed in the album perfectly. I think the echo and guitar fit really well but again, could do with being a bit shorter.

The Jon interlude is great too, and think it sounds amazing. I love her vocals and the shout talking with the echoed production. I hope the song she's singing ends up being CN or another song we get as it sounds great. 

Rating - 7.9/10

8. Kintsugi

I wasn't sure how to feel going into this when reading @111's opinions on it (not that I let insider opinions sway me). I pressed play and fell in love with the piano. I think it's a great song, but I would happily shave 2 minutes off the song. I see what he means now and kinda wish it was a bit shorter. I think it's beautiful, but it does go on for a bit too long so I might find myself skipping it half way through. Minus that, it has a beautiful melody and I really like the structure. Apart from the sound of it, I think the lyrics are really really good and are of top tier quality as the whole album is.

Rating - 8/10

9. Fingertips

I purposely haven't spent much time with fingertips, and only listened to it twice. From my listens, It is a gorgeous track and I don't even notice the structure, or lack thereof. The person who described it as a 5 minute trauma dump is so right but I think it's an important track and deserves it's place on the track list. A standout track lyrically, I think she needed to get this out.

Rating - 8.5/10

10. Paris, Texas

Again, I haven't had much time to digest her, but from my first listen I think it's quite a nice track to relax to. I think she's cute, but need some more listens to full 'get' it.

Rating - 8/10

11. Grandfather...

Yeah an instant classic... I was apprehensive because of the title but this song is sososo good. My first listen was by the ocean and it made it a godly experience. I love the melody and the lyrics are really cute. The way she sings the butterfly lyric as well like okay!

Rating - 9/10

12. Let the Light In

After Buddy's Rendezvous I knew this would be great and I wasn't wrong. This is like the grown up version of Tomorrow Never Came, which I already love. I love how their vocals mesh together for the chorus and Lana's notes are so beautiful. I really enjoyed the lyrics and think the entire song is better than I expected.

Rating - 9/10

13. Margaret

At no point in my almost 23 years of existence did I think a song featuring Jack(off) would be one of the best tracks I've heard in a long time. URM HUH? Who the HELL expected that... This song is incredible. Like, amazing. Lana speaking at the end? Jacks almost incoherent singing (which I really enjoyed), and the general vibe of the song? ALL INCREDIBLE. Yeah this is a standout for sure. 

Rating - 10/10

14. Fishtail

I expected this to sound way different than it does, for good reasons. I really liked this one and thought the chorus fit well, even though it made me jump when it started lol. I like the 'bombastic' sound and I really hope she goes further in this direction. It reminds me of Tulsa Jesus Freak but a more intense version, which I really wished for TJF.

Rating - 9/10

15. Peppers

oh bvtch... yeah this is the best song of the decade. I cannot believe this exists in the Lana MultiVerse honestly it is an instant classic and it NEEDS to be sent to radio I love it so much. The lyrics, the instrumental, TOMMY? All LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Rating - 10/10

16. Taco Truck x VB

I'm a VB lover but I just feel like this song did not need to exist in the way it does. The beginning is stunning, and the non VB parts are insanely good, but I feel like the remix should be a standalone remixed version of VB alone, as it is a great remix. I think Taco Truck could've been a song, and then the VB part as a separate remix. That being said, the song is great, and a welcome addition as someone who adores The Trio. A great closer, and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Rating - 9/10

Overall, this album is incredible, and I am so glad she is heading in this direction. She clearly has her spark and inspiration back and this album has dethroned Honeymoon as my second favourite Lana album.

you gotta work for pitchfork

Immaculate taste you have

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

10 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

actually i have listened only to a few leaks and i can say that I extremely love paris, texas, i find sweet very beautiful actually and then I listened only to the beginning of some songs: taco truck and peppers impressed me much, the seconds i heard of the interludes were very interesting and i’m curious about how fingertips and kintsuji evolve since i haven’t finished listening to them ( even if i kinda understood that kintsuji doesn’t really evolve and so fingertips) The album seems to be a really good one

Spoiler

Kintsugi actually has a structure (albeit a loose one) so it kind of evolves more than Fingertips.

IMG-7960.jpg

51 minutes ago, Roolette said:

Has anyone transcribed Judah yet? I'm interested in religious stuff despite being atheist (I went to a religious school and was constantly in church as a child though lol). I wanna read his full rant and figure out exactly what he's trying to get at so I can piece it together with the album and its themes

Okay everyone i TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM and attempted to transcribe the Judah Smith Interlude and here you go

Spoiler

???
it means quit lusting after your neighbor
that’s a heck of a life!
you get to love your children in front of you
you get to love, you have to talk to somebody about a new life
i don’t love my wife anymore, i don’t love my kids anymore
? like they’re usually my age
does that sound like love
it’s a life long ? with lust
but for too long they’ve been holding it on
and finally they just get weak
and they say it doesn’t matter anymore
and the spirit ?? with desires with
what you have and what’s in front of you

so as it works deep in your heart
as you call out to Him
how could you do it to me man?
help me want what I got
help me love what’s in front of me
help me want more of my wife and more of my friends
and help me serve the city I live in and not wish it away and hope I can move
help me God
I want to be a man in love
Not a man in lust
But you’ve got to do that
?? person up there

Psalms Chapter 8
And do you know what I got in this verse?
This is going to sound crazy to you but I’m gonna tell you
the absolute truth, it’s going to make me sound so ? so I’m looking forward to it
I woke up this morning and God said “check the bible”
?? I’m going to speak to you from the verse of the day
That means I don’t have to do anything, I don’t have to look anywhere
Just look at the verse of the day
So I get to the verse of the day
And here’s the verse of the day, today, in the bible
Look at this
Look at the splendor of the skies
You creative genius glowing in the heavens
When I gaze, when I gaze at your moon and your stars
Mounted like jewels in their settings
I know you are the fascinating artist who fashioned it all
When I look up and I see such wonder and workmanship above
I have to ask this question
I’ve got to ask this question
Compared to all this cosmic glory,
Why would you ever bother with puny, mortal man
Or being ??? , don’t get me started ?? infatuated
Or be infatuted with Adam’s son?
Why are you so infatuted with me?
You’re the star creator, you’re the ocean maker
you’re the whale creator, you’re the rhino designer
Who do you think you are?
And then it goes on in verse 5
??
Yet what honor you have given to me,
Created only a little lower than Elohim
Which is the name of Creator God
All this to god
You want to call God about this
At some point tonight when you go to bed yell:
“Yo, Elohim!”, and he’ll hear: “You’re the best artist ever!”
Crowned like kings and queens with glory and magnificence
You have delighted, you have delegated to them mastery over all you have made
You’ve made me a partner with you
I wish to think my preaching was mostly about you
And you’re not going to like this but I’m going to tell you the truth
I’ve discovered my preaching is mostly about me

feel free to attempt to fill in my missing parts/correct anything

yall your own chatgpt for lana info so can someone answer me this bc i wont know where to look for the info:

when does lana announce tours in relation to when the album comes out? not sure how long im going to need to wait for that announcement :excited: bc its def happening :true:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

That would explain why some songs sound muffled?

Spoiler

Maybe but I wouldn't get my hopes up :um2: Usually there shouldn't be too much difference between unmastered and mastered.

5 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. The Grants

A gorgeous track. A great intro and sets the tone for the record perfectly in my opinion. Love the backing girls and love the spoken/sung intro. The ending and vocals are heavenly and definitely a tear jerker for sure. I wish there was a second verse which would make the ending even more impactful in my opinion.

Rating - 9/10

Rating - 9.5/10

3. Sweet

Rating - 10/10

4. A&W

Rating - 9/10

Rating - 7.9/10

8. Kintsugi

Rating - 8/10

9. Fingertips

Rating - 8.5/10

10. Paris, Texas

Rating - 8/10

11. Grandfather...

Rating - 9/10

12. Let the Light In

Rating - 9/10

13. Margaret

Rating - 10/10

14. Fishtail

Rating - 9/10

15. Peppers

Rating - 10/10

16. Taco Truck x VB

Rating - 9/10

Standouts: Sweet, Peppers, Let The Light In, Margaret 

THE WAY YOU AND I LOVE THE EXACT SAME SONGS
MY TOP FIVE ARE:

Spoiler

1. Let The Light In

2. Peppers

3. Margaret / Sweet (tie)

4. Kintsugi

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden