Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to take these bad reviews seriously because y’all HATED The Grants and I think it’s such a beautiful track. It’s so new for Lana but still Lana at the same time. Like I wanted to wait till March 24 but I caved in and damn did I almost have a breakdown…

8Qg234E.gif

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I think you will lose your wig. It’s spectacular and unprecedented in her catalog. It does ‘go forward,’ which many felt COCC and BB did not, but it goes sideways as well. It is really different from anything she’s done. It’s a new Lana. 

totally agree. it breaks new ground, and in like 15 different directions. she's really breaking loose, not stuck in any formula, yet it's all completely Lana, beautiful as always.

21 minutes ago, Tamagotchi said:
Spoiler

I'd love for the jon batiste interlude to be like an extended outro to candy necklace. The interlude slaps so hard

Spoiler

I haven't listened to it, but apparently the interlude features electric guitars, right? There is electric guitar on the production credits of Candy Necklace - Nick Waterhouse, the main producer of the song, is the one who's playing it, btw! - so I wonder if the track gradually develops to something else (according to the credits the track features a lot of strings, too + celesta!). @Kintsugi told us that the track is "massive", far superior to the early track that was supposed to be featured on the album, and that it's going to make the album release day "special" for all of those who have already listened to the rest of the album. It *has* to be good, right?

Someone mentioned that the outro of the Judah Smith Interlude feels like an intro/buildup for the next song on the tracklist. Is it true? That would be interesting. 

12 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I feel Ike this album is the renaissance of Lana Del Rey. I definitely don’t believe in new Lana and old Lana but I think after the events of 2020 she wasn’t feeling inspired and wasn’t creating like she use to. But now she really is feeling inspired again and really reinventing the Lana we all know (bringing in the sexy stuff and the glamorous vintage aesthetic). It feels really exciting 

I think she now realizes she doesn’t have to stick to standard forms, structures,  and formats, a la ‘Arcadia,’ ‘Wild At Heart,’ or ‘LMLYLAW.’ She started experimenting with VB, and I think that’s her future for the time being. Obviously she’s done very well doing that here. 

Just now, Vertimus said:

I think she now realizes she doesn’t have to stick to standard forms, structures,  and formats, a la ‘Arcadia,’ ‘Wild At Heart,’ or ‘LMLYLAW.’ She started experimenting with VB, and I think that’s her future for the time being. Obviously she’s done very well doing that her. 

Yeah, I think this album is very experimental and whatever really works will kinda guide the next album  

18 minutes ago, proudmom said:

and why are so many people focusing on what they don't like about the album instead of what they like? Isn't it obvious that not everything is going to be everyones cup of tea and thats totally ok. 

Spoiler

Okay i love taco truck x vb. This song is for me like an addicton. It is a bridge for me beetween lust for life and nfr. And it has something unique. I would also love to have a longer tt part but i also enjoy vb part. 

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

i feel like she always picks the wrong songs to be singles.... not that i dont like them, i just feel like a lot of the other songs would have been better choices