Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Valentine's Day is my final prediction. :eartha2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i feel like lana’s team wouldn’t care enough to make a worldwide thursday night single release, so i think this week is officially off the table :defeated:unless something comes out within the next two hours

well… A&W next week then :crai:

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that

we're guaranteed to get it that very last 'or the week after that' because it's album release week :beyonce:

"Don’t forget me"

I'm very late but

Spoiler

Let the light in sounding like Religion... that's my favorite LDR song hands down. I think Kintsugi probably meant that the instrumental/nostalgic vibes reminded him of it, but I wonder if the lyrics will take us to church or be sensual, or maybe both :brows:

Just now, honeymoonwhore said:

*did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd starts playing*

Lana: *breathes*

I literally get chills when the breath sound appears. To me, it sounds like she’s trying to calm herself down, and I like that the breath almost grows to a breeze…like one passing through a tunnel:oopna:

Then again, maybe she just liked the cool windy sound:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

17 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Taco Truck not having drums surprised me (particularly with it having the VB sample), but I’m excited nonetheless!

It’s tough to tell whether it will be toned down or not since production credits don’t say a ton about the mixing/how emphasized the instrumental is, but I guess we’ll find out soon:true:

I wonder if drums aren’t credited because they are just a part of the sample. I have a strong feeling that is actually what the case is. 

1 hour ago, Lentilus said:

Evanescence did that for their album back in 2020 and it ruined the experience of listening to the album on release. Like what's the point of an album if you only have like 3-4 new songs left. :facepalm:

Hearing the whole album without knowing what to expect is unmatched I guess. I guess I just can't wait.

As some other people have said , another single would be ok.

And about The Bitter Truth , what ruined it was the mixing and not following this vibe 

EVANESCENCE | THE BITTER TRUTH EVOLUTION (TAPE) - YouTube

1 minute ago, White Dress said:

I wonder if drums aren’t credited because they are just a part of the sample. I have a strong feeling that is actually what the case is. 

I made an error—it actually has drums!!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Drums are credited on Taco Truck x VB :) 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Judging by the reliable insider's comments, this album sounds like her 'Sargent Peppers' or 'Hissing of Summer Lawns,' or the first U2 album when they broke away completely from their somber, brooding sound and decided to have fun and lighten up a little. So I'm expecting something startling, completely fresh, and unprecedented in her catalog. Though the single certainly did not suggest that, at least to me. 

this is also her first album without production/lyrics by rick nowels so it really is a fresh slate, seems like she’s breaking away from typical archetypes in her lyrics and experimenting with her sound more.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

this is also her first album without production/lyrics by rick nowels so it really is a fresh slate, seems like she’s breaking away from typical archetypes in her lyrics and experimenting with her sound more.

I think the last time she properly worked with Rick was L4L. 

And in my opinion she need to work with Rick Again. 

5 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

I think the last time she properly worked with Rick was L4L. 

And in my opinion she need to work with Rick Again. 

rick gave lana her “signature/classic lana” sound, maybe she wanted a change from that? in any case i hope they work together again at some point because they’re really a match made in heaven. i feel like he makes her lyrics more concise and solid, plus he gave us her magnum opus honeymoon. i really miss his touches in lana’s music:crai:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Rick Nowels lives in a retirement home now. His family reached out to me to say that he was showing early signs of dementia.