Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

If they want the album to completely crater then go ahead and release a lot of singles. The debut week streams will be abysmal. Also Track #1 should never ever be a single in the streaming era as that is the first song people press play. It will automatically gets high streams.

They should start picking singles at the bottom half of the album if they want to release them.

Taco Truck not having drums surprised me (particularly with it having the VB sample), but I’m excited nonetheless!

It’s tough to tell whether it will be toned down or not since production credits don’t say a ton about the mixing/how emphasized the instrumental is, but I guess we’ll find out soon:true:

edit: IT HAS DRUMS:oprah4:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

not sure if anyone posted this but neil is now following oceanblvd !!

also is ellie goulding’s single (released yesterday) affecting the possibility of a&w getting released this week? ben and ed have both posted about it and it would be messy to also post about a&w 1-2 days after. maybe it’ll be released next week after all :( idk share your thoughts

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

also is ellie goulding’s single (released yesterday) affecting the possibility of a&w getting released this week? ben and ed have both posted about it and it would be messy to also post about a&w 1-2 days after. maybe it’ll be released next week after all :( idk share your thoughts

Ellie and Lana are releasing their albums on the same day, I don't think a single is where they'd draw the line :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, cherrytropico said:

Well with how palatable and forgetful the new Ellie song sounds we don’t have much to worry about

Just now, cherrytropico said:

Both albums are releasing the same day so I'm not sure it would matter, unless they want to let Ellie's single shine since Lana is certainly going to overshadow her album lol

Just now, NikoGo said:

Ellie and Lana are releasing their albums on the same day, I don't think a single is where they'd cross the line :bebe:

ooooh i didn’t know that, i’m reassured now :party: no offense but ellie hasn’t been relevant since like 2015

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

Well, they moved Lana’s release date to Ellie’s album release date, so maybe they’re coordinating the singles too:true:

Genuinely, I’m not too sure lol. I think anything is possible at this point, but it would be an odd choice on her team’s part. Then again, it’s only a matter of time before we hear a new song if there’s a plan to release a single!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

7 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

If they want the album to completely crater then go ahead and release a lot of singles. The debut week streams will be abysmal. Also Track #1 should never ever be a single in the streaming era as that is the first song people press play. It will automatically has high streams.

They should start picking singles at the bottom half of the album if they want to release them.

Well good for us then that the first single was Track 2 rather than Track 1, huh? x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

9 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

If they want the album to completely crater then go ahead and release a lot of singles. The debut week streams will be abysmal. Also Track #1 should never ever be a single in the streaming era as that is the first song people press play. It will automatically has high streams.

Bejeweled moment....

36 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

This time we'll have the most unheard tracks on release from a Lana album ever so I'd like only a second single (and maaaybe a third one but really close to the album).

Norman being 90% spoiled by snippets, Chemtrails being short (and having 3-4 songs already out) and BB being half old material/singles "ruined" a bit the experience for me even though I absolutely love those records.

And yeah I can just not listen to singles and snippets but I'm not strong enough :hide:

Chemtrails only had 2 singles before release… Norman had five before release… 

it’s true that not having heard a lot of this album is nice. That’s why I want only one more single before release 

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Taco Truck does have drums :brows:

Omfg I guess I looked at the wrong song credits—I’m moving again!!!:oprah4:

Sylvia Plath 

Judging by the reliable insider's comments, this album sounds like her 'Sargent Peppers' or 'Hissing of Summer Lawns,' or the first U2 album when they broke away completely from their somber, brooding sound and decided to have fun and lighten up a little. So I'm expecting something startling, completely fresh, and unprecedented in her catalog. Though the single certainly did not suggest that, at least to me. 

i feel like lana’s team wouldn’t care enough to make a worldwide thursday night single release, so i think this week is officially off the table :defeated:unless something comes out within the next two hours

well… A&W next week then :crai:

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that

or the week after that