Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

With the Crazy For You chorus melody :cumming:

Or the body electric chorus melody, that would lowkey be funny though to have such a dramatic melody about fingertips 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm not judging Fingertips based on those snippets. I thought the Ocean Blvd snippet was like one of the worst things I've ever heard, but the full song is like in my top 20 of Lana's entire discography. :rip: Just don't go in expecting a melody with how wordy the song is, and I'm sure you all will like it. All three of the insiders had nothing but positive things to say about the track.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, the new snow song said:

i never listened to the snippets of fingertips or ocean blvd. which part of ocean blvd was in the snippet? was it the final or a demo? i'm just curious

"love me until I love myself, there's a tunnel under ocean blvd"

Sounded absolutely awful out of context :rip:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

39 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I'm not judging Fingertips based on those snippets. I thought the Ocean Blvd snippet was like one of the worst things I've ever heard, but the full song is like in my top 20 of Lana's entire discography. :rip: Just don't go in expecting a melody with how wordy the song is, and I'm sure you all will like it. All three of the insiders had nothing but positive things to say about the track.

There's no melody? Oh im worried now cus i always judge a song by its melody over lyrics when i first listen to something :crai:

7 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

There's no melody? Oh im worried now cus i always judge a song by its melody over lyrics when i first listen to something :crai:

I have no idea, I was just guessing, but based on what we know about Kintsugi and Fingertips, I would imagine it being very difficult to create melodies over songs that are so wordy and diaristic

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Don't worry, Lana always make sure that her songs have a beautiful melody (she said that in an interview) 

So even if fingertips is wordy, it will still be orchestral and I'm sure she will figure out a melody that goes with this type of lyricism 

Just now, brooklyn Babyy said:

Don't worry, Lana always make sure that her songs have a beautiful melody (she said that in an interview) 

So even if fingertips is wordy, it will still be orchestral and I'm sure she will figure out  melodies that goes with this type of lyricism 

^ RT

I believe that wordy songs can have an equally beautiful melody. A clear example is the songs on Joanna Newson's "Ys" album, they are very wordy and narrative, yet their melody is very beautiful.

I'm excited for Kintsugi and Fingertips. :wub:

14 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I have no idea, I was just guessing, but based on what we know about Kintsugi and Fingertips, I would imagine it being very difficult to create melodies over songs that are so wordy and diaristic

Oh wait sorry i thought you were talking about ocean boulevard 

8 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I believe that wordy songs can have an equally beautiful melody. A clear example is the songs on Joanna Newson's "Ys" album, they are very wordy and narrative, yet their melody is very beautiful.

I'm excited for Kintsugi and Fingertips. :wub:

she kinda sounds like bjork :um2:

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Oh wait sorry i thought you were talking about ocean boulevard 

oh no, ocean blvd has an extremely beautiful melody

just for whatever reason, that particular snippet outside of the context of the song didn't connect with me