Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, NikoGo said:

Wait. 

does that include 

Reveal hidden contents

Venice bitch 

Spoiler

The VB part is literally just venice bitch re-used with some minor added production 

Just now, Rosemead said:
  Hide contents

The VB part is literally just venice bitch re-used with some minor added production 

:ohno: whyyy

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, Rosemead said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This song just went down five places in my ranking

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I hear where he's coming from, but titles are very important to me, they carry a huge amount of aesthetic weight to my enjoyment of albums, and I don't think I would have enjoyed this upcoming record if it was titled The Grants. Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd is incredible and really constructs the depth of this record.

I completely agree with this, "Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd" is way more interesting of a title than "The Grants" lol

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

so does the song change it up? does it sound like a completely new song in the other parts or?

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Reveal hidden contents

interesting 

Spoiler

So taco truck goes into Venice bitch? Like a AW into Jimmy moment?

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I hear where he's coming from, but titles are very important to me, they carry a huge amount of aesthetic weight to my enjoyment of albums, and I don't think I would have enjoyed this upcoming record if it was titled The Grants. 

Right, and I think he was saying that rhetorically and not literally - coming from the standpoint of the thematics rather than the aesthetics - and that’s probably why Lana went with Ocean Blvd too (since it poses a question that is immediately evocative - and all her album titles have been more evocative than direct).

Just now, fishtails said:

I completely agree with this, "Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd" is way more interesting of a title than "The Grants" lol

So true bestie

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Rosemead said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

A win, Venice Bitch instrumental is so good plus new added production means a serve incoming 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, mssainttropez said:

Just logged in, did we get a leak :hooker:

Nope, Rosemead just generously told us his album ranking and some details about the songs :) 

I don't really like any of the songs' titles :creep: 

or well maybe Candy Necklace

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Just now, Fingertips said:

So true bestie

:true:

Spoiler

Plus I know that everyone would assume that the entire album was just full of Blue Banisters and Sweet Carolines if it was called "The Grants" :ma: