Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

It’s a promo single that ironically has zero promo to it. Had she released something like Peppers, it would have become viral - people were really hyped about A&W.

That is another good point.

When are Ben and Interscope going to start doing promotions for this record? No trailer, no music videos, no TV appearances, not even lyric visualizers on youtube. Like, what exactly is the point of having them?

Just now, Vulgar said:

Oh now i an excited, what track in particular?

Spoiler

Something like "The Great Gig in The Sky" but without the screamings

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

That is another good point.

When are Ben and Interscope going to start doing promotions for this record? No trailer, no music videos, no TV appearances, not even lyric visualizers on youtube. Like, what exactly is the point of having them?

Compared to BB and COCC, this has promo to it. There are ads in every social media, posters around the US and Europe, 3 decent-to-amazing photoshoots, her Visionary Award, she’s coming back to doing concerts… there’s something different this time around. Feels like a good middle point between Lana not wanting to play the game while also making herself somehow present. 

I honestly don’t think her album trailers do much outside of her fandom and music videos are kind of a dying art form these days… I think they should’ve done something with the Oceanblvd Insta account tho.

IMG-7960.jpg

Spoiler

wait did I miss something why does Sweet sound identical to Wait for Life in multiple parts :bebe:

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

Compared to BB and COCC, this has promo to it. There are ads in every social media, posters around the US and Europe, 3 decent-to-amazing photoshoots, her Visionary Award, she’s coming back to doing concerts… there’s something different this time around. Feels like a good middle point between Lana not wanting to play the game while also making herself somehow present. 

I honestly don’t think her album trailers do much outside of her fandom and music videos are kind of a dying art form these days… I think they should’ve done something with the Oceanblvd Insta account tho.

Fair point! I forgot about the ads on London tube (Riopy just posted about it), etc. 

The interviews are more PR, as is the award. That's probably managed by Interscope's PR agency or Lana's PR rep.

I do not see a lot of work from Ben, tho.  But then who knows what goes on bts

The Grants isn’t a bad single choice, they just wanted to show how versatile this album (and Lana) is. 
Ben and Ed posted a picture of the album with these captions: “new ldr song, ‘the grants’ , a different world from A&W but another piece of beautiful songwriting from a special album coming March 24 […]”. / “Beautiful new song ‘The Grants’ out now. Demostrating how diverse and inventive this record is @/honeymoon is incomparable”.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Just now, x VB said:

The Grants isn’t a bad single choice, they just wanted to show how versatile this album (and Lana) is. 
Ben and Ed posted a picture of the album with this captions: “new ldr song, ‘the grants’ , a different world from A&W but another piece of beautiful songwriting […]”. / “Beautiful new song ‘The Grants’ out now. Demostrating how diverse and inventive this record is […]”.

Makes sense but I think A&W and the title track had already demonstrated this versatility. I’m a defender of no third single at all but oh well.

IMG-7960.jpg

the only time she hasn't released the opener as a single was cruel world. if anything lana is just following her patterns

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

i’m so tired of certain users just constantly spewing shit and disappointment 

be thankful you’re even still receiving music from this legend. this is a fan forum - not a “let’s bash on everything lana and her team does” forum 

thank you 🤍

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Makes sense but I think A&W and the title track had already demonstrated this versatility. I’m a defender of no third single at all but oh well.

the grants sounds like a lessor version of OB. If they wanted versatility they shoulda gone for Grandfather - completely diff sound to the other two singles 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

the only time she hasn't released the opener as a single was cruel world. if anything lana is just following her patterns

she probably wanted to since it's one of her faves but i imagine interscope took one listen and said you are lucky we are letting you release it at all. different times back then :um2: