Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

No, seriously. Candy Fucking Necklace.

I need to recover but this album is probably her magnum opus, recency bias be damned. I have so many thoughts to assemble but I think this is a fucking classic. Her vision for this is starting to fully click with CN as the final piece of the puzzle and I can see why she says she’s passionate about music again. I don’t know where she can go after this, it’ll be very hard to top what it seems to be her ultimate manifesto.

And I don’t care if I sound dramatic but listening to Candy Necklace is exactly what was missing even though I was already loving the record as it was. Massive, in-fucking-deed.

IMG-7960.jpg

Spoiler

A&W, Candy Necklace, Jon Batiste Interlude, Kintsugi, and Fingertips. My wig has been completely eviscerated by this track run. These songs are the pinnacle of Lana's craft imo. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, DCooper said:

How's the Candy Necklace quality, just got home and I'm about to listen in full and thought we had Candy Necklace in HQ now but I just saw it's LQ :toofunny:

It's a phone recording of the vinyl, but it still sounds better than any of the "rosemead exclusive baby" messes. :hillary:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

How's the Candy Necklace quality, just got home and I'm about to listen in full and thought we had Candy Necklace in HQ now but I just saw it's LQ :toofunny:

Spoiler

It’s not good quality, sounds like someone recorded the vinyl through their phone. Still worth a listen though 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

same… i still haven’t listened to a single track from the record so i want my first experience to be integral HQ but god knows it’s hard, i feel like my patience has been put to the test so much with the album leaking gradually, and even now with candy necklace leaking only in LQ. by the way, i know the other tracks are HQ, but do you think there’s a noticeable difference with the quality of the official release? 

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

A&W, Candy Necklace, Jon Batiste Interlude, Kintsugi, and Fingertips. My wig has been completely eviscerated by this track run. These songs are the pinnacle of Lana's craft imo. 

Unparalleled. Truly the greatest songwriter of the 21st century. 

IMG-7960.jpg

I don’t want to listen to LQ, but can someone please post the lyrics? :flutter:

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

:justride:

Would you guys say Candy Necklace quality is decent enough that I just go for it on my full album listen now? 

Yeah, it doesn't sound THAT bad. You can hear all of the lyrics and the melody clearly enough. The HQ will make it really punch.

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Would you guys say Candy Necklace quality is decent enough that I just go for it on my full album listen now? 

It’s not amazing quality but it’s listenable

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Yes, I’d do that!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

I love how candy necklace kind of continues on with that frantic and almost manic sounding dark energy that the first half of a&w gave :trisha: 

I was really hoping we would get another song that gave similar vibes to that half of a&w and we got IT :trisha:

Spoiler

omg im so glad to learn this!! CN is going to be my number 1 I just know it :trisha:

and also for giving me Margaret

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

if you go for it now limit it to one listen id say. i listened to it twice and think i wanna save it for the hq and a full album listen

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Spoiler

not to sound like one of those annoying people desperate for ultraviolence 2.0 but CN is lowkey giving UV outtake..

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler