Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

love kintsugi the way it is but i’m praying the sound is better in streaming quality :bebe:

3 minutes ago, imaginist said:
  Hide contents

I’m still so confused about FarOut calling Candy Necklace “infectious, road ready glitch pop” lmao like I need to know what happened there. It’s not like they got it confused with a different track, because they mention it being sandwiched in between the interludes. Wtf did they listen to? I’m not convinced it was the early version that got scrapped.

Spoiler

i love candy necklace so much, if the glitchpop version is real i hope it's just a demo that gets leaked because candy necklace might be my favorite on the record (but i still am itching to hear a glitchpop lana song LOL)

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

27 minutes ago, hayden del rey said:
  Hide contents

THIS. it’s a very beautiful, sorta creepy, and fitting sermon for the album. i think it’s definitely a good mood setter for the next two also-creepy tracks of the album, as well. i’ve come to learn to separate the art from the artist with stuff like this; of course i don’t like the pastor, but it’s undoubtedly a gorgeous sounding track. and it really makes me think, too… what was lana trying to say with this? what did the sermon actually mean to lana, and why was it important enough for her to put it in her album?

This is a LONG one, but fuck it, for whoever should care for it:

Spoiler

The sermon itself is arguably controversial from a Christian standpoint, which Judah Smith addresses openly, he says “you may not like this”.

He’s talking about the creative aspect of the Christian God, wondering at how the same God who made the infinitely complex Unvierse in all its beauty could be concerned with a creation as dysfunctional as human beings. A God who specifically spoke the world into existence - “and God said ‘“let there be light’” - and we, “made in His image,” create in turn, especially in speech. Spoken/lexical and image-based Language as a whole is arguably a distinct if not indicative characteristic of being human. It’s even reflected in some post-modern thought in terms of social constructs, in that we confer power through speech and image and behave accordingly.

Anyway, Smith speaks from this point of view that, as a preacher, his art is the art of rhetoric, of talking, of spreading the Good News of Christ (Evangelism). Typically, power and significance are historically given to patriarchal figures and structures in the form of preachers at the helm of their respective churches, the idea being the preacher is the authority (specifically a moral authority) of God among people, a community pillar of sorts. Smith seems to invert this, saying that in fact (and in quite a solipsistic way: the idea that one is trapped in one’s own experience and can never really fully “reach” another’s), he is not an authority to anyone but himself. That his preacherhood is in fact this public self-dialogue. Self-talk. This taps into the idea that healthy self-love is what gives way to healthily loving others, which of course is arguably the so-called Golden Rule of most major religions. It also illustrates the paradoxical dynamic of the archetypal (she loves Jung) role of the Fool - those vulgar or crazy enough to openly demonstrate their self-talk as manifest in the public humiliation of performance. This is conceivably controversial to a lot of 20th century Christian philosophy because it arguably centres the narcissistic potential of self-love, a heresy of placing the individual over the collective that is the Church, but such interpretations wouldn’t be reading between the lines.

Lana obviously relates with this, because whilst she reaches people with her work, her art, her God-given creative role, she is ultimately in communion with herself through these artistic endeavours. We’re just along for the ride, just as she is just another witness to Smith’s own self-talk. We are all witnessing each other talk to ourselves not simply in how we speak, but how we act and do. This sense of self-responsibility characterises the healing, the work, the “hard stuff” she is working through via her art.

god bless you if you made it through that lol

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

someone brought up the fact that he had sexual assault allegations, and then fl0r1dakil0s stated it wasn't him but another member, but the issue is judah smith is the head of churchhome with his wife and they actively rehired him and pressured the victim into forgiving the rapist, and downplaying it as a mistake and saying he has changed... super gross :/

oh, I saw the post. It is serious. I don't want to keep thinking about it, but seeing Judah Smith's name on the cover and the interlude makes me nervous. :ohno:

1 minute ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Can I get recommendations on which streaming services, websites have the best audio quality? I feel like I'm missing some elements in Spotify :ohno:

same.. Idk if it is song mastering problem or only on spotify you can hear some glitching sounds on Arcadia, Dealer and even on The Grants. 

If this is Spotify fault then is this what I'm paying for?? 💀

8 minutes ago, taco truck said:

someone brought up the fact that he had sexual assault allegations, and then fl0r1dakil0s stated it wasn't him but another member, but the issue is judah smith is the head of churchhome with his wife and they actively rehired him and pressured the victim into forgiving the rapist, and downplaying it as a mistake and saying he has changed... super gross :/

Lana x BORNS 2.0

gretchen.gif

2 minutes ago, number1angel said:

the judah smith interlude is gonna backfire the same way gaga's do what u want with r kelly did :um:

i see the comparison but i would argue that DWUW is a 10x worse scenario. Maybe Lana just didn't know.. Gaga knew, and even commented justifying it. :eek3:

Just now, margaret soty said:

oh, I saw the post. It is serious. I don't want to keep thinking about it, but seeing Judah Smith's name on the cover and the interlude makes me nervous. :ohno:

ya, i love lana, but it's disappointing she is actively supporting someone like this, i believe she just sees the best in people and probably kind of just ignores the bad qualities, but that's the issue imo. i don't need her to be someone who is an "activist' but if you claim to have liberal values and support women and lgbt communities, supporting a church and pastor that goes against all your values isn't in good taste.

5 minutes ago, number1angel said:

the judah smith interlude is gonna backfire the same way gaga's do what u want with r kelly did :um:

This is extremely overdramatic lol

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

ya, i love lana, but it's disappointing she is actively supporting someone like this, i believe she just sees the best in people and probably kind of just ignores the bad qualities, but that's the issue imo. i don't need her to be someone who is an "activist' but if you claim to have liberal values and support women and lgbt communities, supporting a church and pastor that goes against all your values isn't in good taste.

Way to blame a woman for a man's mistakes

This literally does not matter and you are just making something out of nothing for what reason exactly? Being dramatic on here?

Spoiler

the writing is so chaotic on this album that almost every single hook in Candy Necklace is the same lyrics, just switched around :trisha: sometimes its Wreckless rhymed with Wreckless and sometimes its Restless :trisha: is structure too much to ask?

i swear she did this song in like one take :trisha:

11 minutes ago, number1angel said:

i feel like R. Kelly is a really really extreme case of deplorable human being so it's kinda rude to equate Judah Smith with a ch*ld r*pist.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Just now, Creyk said:

Way to blame a woman for a man's mistakes

This literally does not matter and you are just making something out of nothing for what reason exactly? Being dramatic on here?

weird take, are you a woman? looking at your profile you aren't. i am, and it is disheartening to see women who claim to be feminists support rape-apologists. i don't believe it's making a big deal over nothing, and in no way did i ever blame lana for his mistakes? i just don't like that she supports him? i'm not trying to cancel her but it's ok to admit when your fave makes questionable decisions... 

Can we talk without spoilers?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I feel like the more people will talk about that the more misinformation will be spread. I will never support anyone who actually did SA. I still think that in times of cancel culture it's very important not to spread unconfirmed information. 

Just now, bluedealer said:

I feel like the more people will talk about that the more misinformation will be spread. I will never support anyone who actually did SA. I still think that in times of cancel culture it's very important not to spread unconfirmed information. 

what i'm saying isn't misinformation though, i linked the article directly