Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, cranekiss said:

kinda have a feeling this album will give her the Grammy she wanted NFR to get 

same but the track titles r slightly concerning to me when considering potential grammy nominations lol

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

Does SOTY have to be released as a single to be nominated? Maybe the tweets about grandfather being SOTY are a hint?

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

ANYWAYS

on topic… fingertips. :true:

When I look back tracing fingertips across plastic bags I think I wish I could extrapolate DYKTTATUOB album pre-release thread from the grips of deranged new members 

:hottie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

If her team is smart once and for all and submits her in Alternative instead of Pop.

She doesn’t need a Grammy but if this album is well received, she could be nominated again for AOTY. 

IMG-7960.jpg

If a Bruno Mars knockoff like Flowers can be chart topping then we shouldn’t look towards Lana’s chart status as a measure of the album’s excellence. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

1 minute ago, BoDaToe said:

Does SOTY have to be released as a single to be nominated? Maybe the tweets about grandfather being SOTY are a hint?

nah i think ppl are tweeting that because they like the song and think it has the potential to be the best song released this year. basically how i feel about "contact" by our lord and saviour kelela. 

I would love for this album to win a Grammy, but the fact that Björk has continually been snubbed..it wouldn't feel right in my soul if Lana won a Grammy before her. Both way too talented for that clown show anyways. :true:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I can honestly see this album becoming quite polarizing in terms of reception. I don't see it being something people are going to expect from Lana just considering the continued fixation on NFR in the public and critical eye. I, however, really love when Lana taps into different sounds and experiments, so I have no doubts in my mind about Ocean Boulevard

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I can honestly see this album becoming quite polarizing in terms of reception. I don't see it being something people are going to expect from Lana just considering the continued fixation on NFR in the public and critical eye. I, however, really love when Lana taps into different sounds and experiments, so I have no doubts in my mind about Ocean Boulevard

Agreed, I think it will be solidly acclaimed, but not above Norman. The public let it be known loud and clear that they like Lana at her most soft and palatable. Ocean Blvd seems to be the opposite from that, yet unique enough to earn the respect of those who get it

13 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

same here. i can easily see this album being considered better than norman by critics, but still earning a lower score because of its inconsistencies. it's very easy to argue that nfr is a perfect record, and ocean blvd has already proven itself to be up to that quality (and possibly even better) but with weird choices like the interludes and (possibly) the bleachers song, people might be a bit more hesitant to call it "perfect."

Omg I’m sorry I’m bored don’t ban me:eek3:

Anyway

What do you guys think Let the Light In will sound like? I’m hoping for something like this

just kinda vibey

Or like this

more upbeat and orchestral

4 minutes ago, Fever said:

No grammys pls no they dont deserve, nfr was about the grammys 

I’d love it if she were nominated and she withdrew like her homie Abel:smile3:

You guys really can't go a single hour without going off-topic because of fighting or spreading misinformation huh :crossed:

Pls stay on topic, I'm literally still cleaning out spam from 300 pages ago :crossed:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, BoDaToe said:

Omg I’m sorry I’m bored don’t ban me:eek3:

Anyway

What do you guys think Let the Light In will sound like? I’m hoping for something like this

just kinda vibey

Or like this

more upbeat and orchestral

I can see it sounding like Father John Misty's song "God's Favorite Customer" :true: