Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep-sea fishing because hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have – but I have it, also did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

Just now, Taco Truck x VB said:

it’s literally constant :omfg2:

Well ...:sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

There's this country singer Luke Combs (?) that's releasing on the 24th too. He does pretty well on streaming so I guess Lana will be battling him and Miley :thumb2:

Even though I don't think Miley‘s third week will be that strong

luke crombs :thumb3:

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

There's this country singer Luke Combs (?) that's releasing on the 24th too. He does pretty well on streaming so I guess Lana will be battling him and Miley :thumb2:

Lana, Miley, and Luke Combs on March 24th

3sdvw8.jpg?a464928

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I hope the sigh/deep breath from the start of the title track is connected to The Grants :krylie:

it's not a want... it's a need:agree2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7 minutes ago, bluebanesters said:

Also she dont realease clean songs:um:i hope she changes her label

Do you care more about these stupid charts than her artistic freedom? That is strange to me.  

I don’t understand the obsession with charts. I hope this record is true to Lana’s artistry, not an attempt to make the charts and get money like other musicians try to do. Lana’s indifference to that stuff makes her special and it’s what makes her music timeless. She will be held in much higher regard in a decade or longer than the artists today who just try to stick with the trends to top the charts. 

So can we stop obsessing over the charts? 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

manifesting circle:

🕯   🕯

🕯                  🕯

LANA HAVING

🕯️ A COMEBACK 🕯

LIKE MILEY      

🕯                  🕯

🕯       🕯

:sadcore5:

It'd be so cool if the songs on this album flowed into one another like the songs on AKA do 

imageproxy.jpg

Can we go back to discussions about the album? Some of you have the I, but not the T 

:eartha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

18 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Luke's 2022 album did 74k in the US (less than COTCC), so I guess we're fine. Who we should be worried about is Fall Out Boy (also on the 24th). Their 2018 album sold 130k in its first week.

im sorry but if you think luke combs is competition in lana's eyes, in ben's eyes, in tap management's eyes, you are being very silly and i kinda live for it

Just now, cranekiss said:

im sorry but if you think luke combs is competition in lana's eyes, in ben's eyes, in tap management's eyes, you are being very silly and i kinda live for it

kinda camp 

31 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I know, I still don’t understand how it correlates to those other things at all but I’m sure she’ll make sense

The image in my mind is her walking around Manhattan with her lover while it is raining

17 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

Do you care more about these stupid charts than her artistic freedom? That is strange to me.  

I don’t understand the obsession with charts. I hope this record is true to Lana’s artistry, not an attempt to make the charts and get money like other musicians try to do. Lana’s indifference to that stuff makes her special and it’s what makes her music timeless. She will be held in much higher regard in a decade or longer than the artists today who just try to stick with the trends to top the charts. 

So can we stop obsessing over the charts? 

Yeah charts don’t always equals quality. I like to talk about it for the « politics » of it or trying to figure out what is Interscope’s possible « strategy » when it comes to her releases. But hey, let’s not kid ourselves : I’m sure they’re gonna come up with a new way to fuck up her numbers anyways :eek2:

besides, Norman wasn’t number 1 on week one but word of mouth got so strong that I think it got to the top spot like 3 weeks after anyways… 

Im curious how the critics are going to respond to this album. 

USE IT - THANK YOU!

Anyways, "Peppers" will be the TJF/Cherry of the album:true: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.