Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

since its a 2LP I wonder if the picture discs will b the same photo or different :nails: if they're different photos imma be pissed I didn't get one 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Now why are they marking the standard vinyl as “sold out”? Please… they did this with Blue Banisters too. I get it’s a marketing strategy or whatever but keep the standard vinyl in stock at least. Ugh.

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

maybe because vinyl takes half a year to manufacture and they really just sold out of all of the stock they’ll have for release day rn lol?

I highly doubt that, but who knows tbh. That would be impressive though. But haven’t they been regularly restocking in the US?

4 hours ago, pin up galore said:

since its a 2LP I wonder if the picture discs will b the same photo or different :nails: if they're different photos imma be pissed I didn't get one 

if they’re all the same i’m returning it :sideeye:

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

On 2/28/2023 at 2:02 PM, Elle said:

Stuff like this makes me upset to see :smokes3:

Like, I get the hustle, but it really sucks for the fans. I think it’s understandable if you bought a vinyl for yourself with the intention of keeping it and then deciding to sell it sometime later when the resale value increases and at that point you value the benefits of selling it rather than keeping it yourself, but buying something solely for the intention of selling it immediately after for a hiked up price is really nasty - especially multiple copies. Really unfortunate for those who wanted the vinyl for themselves and couldn’t get one due to resellers. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a resale group promote flipping limited Lana vinyls this cycle either x

What is this bs? Slow death to all of them.

12 hours ago, Not as cool as me said:

I also thought the pale yellow with standard artwork was a missed opportunity.. I think if they do decide to do it, it will be after release. I think a lot of people (me being one) would cancel their standard vinyl preorder to preorder the yellow instead and then it wouldn’t necessarily boost sales that much 

I collect vinyl but I did not want the same Chem trail cover over and over, I bought the yellow variant and pic disk and then the other alt. Covers 

That's what I think, too - they won't put it up before a date when it's too late to cancel the other versions. I guess there will be signed bundles again. I still get furious when I think about the UK only signed posters last time. Took me 8 hours non stop at computer, until I was finally able to buy one, and send to a fellow collector in the UK. And then they dare months later so say they will send the bundles with the posters unsigned, with a 5 pound voucher as sorry. LOL. Not with me again. (Got my money back through a PayPal case luckily.) I can't say I like their release strategies to push the sales and charts. 

Your Chemtrails approach is surely healthier ;-) Usually up to max. 2 different looking variants are OK for me, too. Just not for Lana, as 2 years ago I bought another fans collection for a very good price, so mine was suddenly almost complete and somehow I really want to keep it this way. But I am not sure how long I will do so, as I really don't like to spend so much on the same thing again and again only with different packing, while people are starving at other parts of the world. Doesn't make much sense actually. 

It was expensive watch it 

I am insane this album cycle because for the first time I have disposable income. I've preordered all the vinyl variants besides the standard. When the Spotify Exclusive LP sold out on the US site I asked a British family friend if one of his family members could provide a shipping address within the UK. His brother said yes and he'll ship the vinyl to me in the US when it arrives. 

It's all very conflicting because while it brings me joy, the environmental impact of vinyl production and general consumerism makes me sad. I hate how capitalistic the music industry is. I rarely buy things that are non-essentials, don't drive a car, don't own many clothes either (I have 3 pairs of jeans for pants), etc. I like to think it balances out. Still very privileged of me, I know.

22 minutes ago, Pr3ttyP4rtyFav0r said:

It's all very conflicting because while it brings me joy, the environmental impact of vinyl production and general consumerism makes me sad. I hate how capitalistic the music industry is. I rarely buy things that are non-essentials, don't drive a car, don't own many clothes either (I have 3 pairs of jeans for pants), etc. I like to think it balances out. Still very privileged of me, I know.

You speak out my mind. I think the shipping trouble is much worse though than the vinyl production itself. Especially, if you listen to it very often, it might be better than all those streaming hours,  which cause a lot of CO2, too. 

That's why I really dislike artists make so many "exclusives" - shop 1 in country x has variant A, shop 2 in country y has variant B, and so on... And if you want them all, you will end up with 8 parcels from 6 different countries from 3 continents, just to read on the back of 70% of the vinyl "made in your home country" once you get them, lol. 

So only we as collectors can decide not to take part in this, but that's very hard. For most artists I succeed with 1 copy only, but when it comes to Lana, I just can't resist. 

42 minutes ago, Olympia said:

That's why I really dislike artists make so many "exclusives" - shop 1 in country x has variant A, shop 2 in country y has variant B, and so on... And if you want them all, you will end up with 8 parcels from 6 different countries from 3 continents, just to read on the back of 70% of the vinyl "made in your home country" once you get them, lol.

when the us and uk exclusives are made in the european union but european union doesn’t get them :crai:

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

1 hour ago, Pr3ttyP4rtyFav0r said:

I am insane this album cycle because for the first time I have disposable income. I've preordered all the vinyl variants besides the standard. When the Spotify Exclusive LP sold out on the US site I asked a British family friend if one of his family members could provide a shipping address within the UK. His brother said yes and he'll ship the vinyl to me in the US when it arrives. 

Truly for every other era I’ve had no money to be able to buy anything, it’s still my life’s worse mistake not getting the coke bottle or the heart whilst I had the chance. But because I have money now it’s like i have to make up for everything I missed by buying it all. I wouldn’t do it for any other artist but Lana 

27 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

when the us and uk exclusives are made in the european union but european union doesn’t get them :crai:

LOL, very true. I think most of my recent vinyls are either made in France, Germany or Czech Republic. It's so crazy that I live in Germany but have to ask UK friends for their address to get a "made in Germany" vinyl to me. 

Or that I have to order vinyls made in the EU from US or Australia, because the closest supplier ships to UK only. 

Here's where labels could really start doing their part against climate change. 

On 2/28/2023 at 10:27 AM, Olympia said:

Hello, 
I have a question about the way parcels sent from the UK to EU destinations are declared. When I bought merch from the Lana Del Rey UK store few days ago, it said the VAT of my country was included, but another fan told me the same happened to him in the Taylor Swift store (also Universal Music UK) and in the end, he had to pay the VAT plus usual fees again, so he paid the VAT (plus extra fees) twice. The interesting merch (lighter, jacket, necklace) was only available from UK, so there were no other options for EU buyers.
Will there be a declaration on the parcel, that the VAT has already been paid before? (Please do so.) Because if not, we will have to pay it twice.
Besides I would like to know if it wouldn't be possible not to exclude EU customers from music purchases, especially when they include exclusives not available in EU stores. The exclusive spotify disc for example was for "UK only", so EU customers actually had to buy from Canada, US and Australia, because so far there was no link for EU customers. It would be really nice if this problem could be solved one day.
Best regards

UPDATE: They did not reply to me yet, but to my fellow collector who complained about paying twice in the Taylor Swift store 2 weeks ago. At first he got a standard reply (they were not responsible for custom fees), but then he insisted in having already paid the VAT - and then they apologized and said they will refund him the tax paid to them (universal). So now you know what to do when coming home from the post/custom office later this March ;-) (Of course, possible toll fees when paying more than 150 EUR on merch may still need to be paid, as well as fees by the post office. They only refund the VAT included to your purchase. (Unless you already paid a toll fee with your purchase - mine were under 150 EUR so I can't tell.)

additional info: For some reason, in case of my fellow collector, they also wrote a wrong value on the parcel. He paid 47 pounds (incl. shipping and VAT) but on the parcel they declared the value to be 80 pounds. What the ... are they doing??? (Remember - it may be the Swift store, but it's the same company to my knowledge) - ok, this has been solved. The parcel was sent over two countries and the second country did a mistake and changed the value... Oh my...

A reminder now that it’s March to check if you have enough money on your credit card! Stores may start charging us soon for the pre-orders (Rough Trade, FNAC, Amazon etc) :heart:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

23 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

A reminder now that it’s March to check if you have enough money on your credit card! Stores may start charging us soon for the pre-orders (Rough Trade, FNAC, Amazon etc) :heart:

THANK YOU FOR THIS!! Time to hustle this month lmaooo

:scajo:

unnamed.gif