Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

when she used "Hope" as a background music to her University of Michigan ballet video and tagged Lana's account :krylie:

Ok going full delulu now! She postponed her show in Atlanta because she’s going to see Lana the 14th! Like she’ll be incognito, She’ll be sitting next to us!!!

:ma:

So excited to see Lana again & Meet Madonna…

IMG-3521.jpg

How many famous people have been to Lana's concerts? I know that actor Eric Dane went to see her this August in Chigaco's Lollapalooza (or other concert in the US?) And I also know that Katy Perry (and maybe Sia too, I remember her tweeting about this) went to see her in 2012 at the El Rey Threatre and the worst thing was that when she left the concert all the paparazzis started harassing Katy, asking questions about her divorce thing :smh:

url%5D

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

How many famous people have been to Lana's concerts? I know that actor Eric Dane went to see her this August in Chigaco's Lollapalooza (or other concert in the US?) And I also know that Katy Perry (and maybe Sia too, I remember her tweeting about this) went to see her in 2012 at the El Rey Threatre and the worst thing was that when she left the concert all the paparazzis started harassing Katy, asking questions about her divorce thing :smh:

Laura Dern! Hollywood Bowl 2019.

11 minutes ago, Embach said:

Emma Roberts did,

EDIT:

For her 25th Birthday…

IMG-3521.jpg

35 minutes ago, nowhereInParticular said:

Ok going full delulu now! She postponed her show in Atlanta because she’s going to see Lana the 14th! Like she’ll be incognito, She’ll be sitting next to us!!!

:ma:

So excited to see Lana again & Meet Madonna…

My dream collab is Madonna x Lana ballad with Rick Nowels because he worked with both before :angie:

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I’ve been reading Joan Didion for the first time and it’s crazy to me how much Lana reminds me of her. Lana’s writing style in Violets reminds me a lot of Didion’s prose, moreso than Sylvia Plath tbh. There’s a certain detached nature in both of their writing styles that I really enjoy 

sgopYhV.gif

I’ve been seeing sooo many Olivia Rodrigo promo everywhere, instagram posts from very big magazines supporting her and praising her, so many good interviews and high ratings... Which is good for her but... I've been wondering, why the media hated Lana so much back then when she started? I know it's different times but.... It feels weird and now I understand why Lana is/was upset about it. Like, she was bringing something completely new and fresh and fucking cool to the table and they screwed her over so much. Meanwhile, Olivia gets flowers thrown at her when her music is just generic and average. No hate to her tho I like some of her songs, she’s cute and her songs are very catchy but Lana is just so unique in every aspect… from her voice to her lyrics to her sound. No one was and no one is ever going to do it like her. Idc what the critics or the media says cuz they always a joke but i’m genuinely curious why they hated her so much lol maybe because she’s gorgeous and smart af they couldn’t handle it? Or because she was so diferente from what was popular in 2012 that they just didn’t understand it ¿? Idk it’s something I’ll never understand. 

59 minutes ago, la otra mujer said:

I’ve been seeing sooo many Olivia Rodrigo promo everywhere, instagram posts from very big magazines supporting her and praising her, so many good interviews and high ratings... Which is good for her but... I've been wondering, why the media hated Lana so much back then when she started? I know it's different times but.... It feels weird and now I understand why Lana is/was upset about it. Like, she was bringing something completely new and fresh and fucking cool to the table and they screwed her over so much. Meanwhile, Olivia gets flowers thrown at her when her music is just generic and average. No hate to her tho I like some of her songs, she’s cute and her songs are very catchy but Lana is just so unique in every aspect… from her voice to her lyrics to her sound. No one was and no one is ever going to do it like her. Idc what the critics or the media says cuz they always a joke but i’m genuinely curious why they hated her so much lol maybe because she’s gorgeous and smart af they couldn’t handle it? Or because she was so diferente from what was popular in 2012 that they just didn’t understand it ¿? Idk it’s something I’ll never understand. 

(first i wanna say i don’t hate olivia at all i respect her and like her music but imo it’s just not anything super special).

i don’t really understand either but i think it’s partly due to olivia starting from disney channel. she has more of a mainstream audience and is more “family friendly” in a sense. it’s probably a lot more profitable for media to have an artist that is more conventional and follows their game and rules. they hate people who don’t follow the typical pop star route. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 hour ago, la otra mujer said:

I think internalised sexism has plays a big part, like I think Lana started at a time when women were pitted against eachother and she sang about difficult subjects which were misconstrued 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Like, singing about real experiences that real women live through and how it makes the feel whether that be good or bad. Like wtf was going on 10 year ago, like those experiences shouldn’t be discussed and women couldn’t support each other because the media was pushing us to tear eachother down 

you could say it still does, but my god, things have gotten sooooo much better 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

"Candy for my eyes, in my veins you run citrus" is the perfect quintessential Lana line--you could tell me it's from any album and i'd believe you. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

4 hours ago, la otra mujer said:

If Olivia's breakthrough was in the early 2010s too, believe me the media would have shit on her too, they apparently did this to every young woman in the industry and they liked doing that, they liked seeing them vulnerable...which is fucked up. I think it's better for her and any other female artist (including Lana) to receive their flowers now, not after when they're dead or some shit like that :crossed:

Also Lana got a lot of shit early in her career because of that conspiracy theory that Rob bought her career and Lana had to change her persona for this because she "flopped" as Lizzy Grant and imo this conspiracy theory was ridiculous as fuck.

url%5D