Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, la otra mujer said:

I wish Lana would make a perfume. It's annoying when artists start making products to sell but I feel like a perfume fits Lana well, and it would sell in seconds, like, imagine smelling like Lana del Rey. I'm also sure it would have the most beautiful name and the most elegant and glamorous smell :shutup: 

we need perfumes for each album / era :true:

i’m so sorry but some of these tiktok fans are killin me. they make me feel so old:defeated: i just scrolled past 2 videos in a row of them with the same text and outfit. some of them really piss me off because i just know they wouldn’t have/didn’t like her back in the BTD/UV era. also prob would’ve made fun of me for it. i’m glad she’s getting more attention but also some of the new fans have just been the worst people and make me cringe so hard

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

do u think she reused vocals for off to the races from demo, like she did with lolita? i personally think there’s a chance she reused 

oh wait nvm we have confirmation there are different vocal takes so she probably re recorded some parts but also left some original demo vocals

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

24 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

This makes me sick to my stomach 

IMG-1296.jpg

Is it weird that I refuse to listen to that song? I always had an iffy view on TS and I was really intrigued when all the hype and promotion got going about the initial “collaboration.” 

Then, when I heard the song, I was so infuriated that I pretty much stopped listening to TS entirely. Not that I listened to her much in the first place. It seemed like a big publicity stunt or something, gone terribly wrong against Lana. 

When word of a “better” version came out, part of me was happy for Lana. Most of me was like, so she got screwed over, fake hype went on for the longest time and after fan uproar, now she’s getting the collaborative song that we were all promised in the first place? Too little, too late. 

It rubbed me the wrong way and nothing against TS as an artist, I’m not denying the talent, the whole thing just seemed like BS. Like who got more attention in the end? A pop star who doesn’t need it. If you’re going to draw up that much hype for something, you better deliver. 

I now wonder if maybe the whole ordeal was one of the factors that dragged a bunch of TikTok teen swifties “into” the LDR scene?

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

54 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Is it weird that I refuse to listen to that song? I always had an iffy view on TS and I was really intrigued when all the hype and promotion got going about the initial “collaboration.” 

Then, when I heard the song, I was so infuriated that I pretty much stopped listening to TS entirely. Not that I listened to her much in the first place. It seemed like a big publicity stunt or something, gone terribly wrong against Lana. 

When word of a “better” version came out, part of me was happy for Lana. Most of me was like, so she got screwed over, fake hype went on for the longest time and after fan uproar, now she’s getting the collaborative song that we were all promised in the first place? Too little, too late. 

It rubbed me the wrong way and nothing against TS as an artist, I’m not denying the talent, the whole thing just seemed like BS. Like who got more attention in the end? A pop star who doesn’t need it. If you’re going to draw up that much hype for something, you better deliver. 

I now wonder if maybe the whole ordeal was one of the factors that dragged a bunch of TikTok teen swifties “into” the LDR scene?

i haven't listened to it at all and i never plan to, i don't care for taylor swift's music really at all, especially not if it's basically a taylor swift song with quiet background vocals from lana... and then she releases a different version with more lana vocals... but of course, she has to capitalize off of her work as much as possible and couldn't just release the version with more of lana to begin with :eyeroll2:

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

1 minute ago, Let the Light In said:

Imagine Chuck releasing all the footage she recorded as “ The Grants” docuseries. 

I think abt this everyday. Just the thought of at some point watching footage of like, concerts from 2012 to 2023, backstage scenes or maybe of family moments gives me CHILLS😭

I just got this book from Amazon called fucked my way up to the top, it’s a biography about Lana starting at her childhood down to the ocean Blvd era . it’s using her own words too so it’s accurate, just incase anyone wanted to check it out :kiss:

Just now, Orville Peck said:

Twitter fan accounts are posting that Lana is nominated at the MTV VMAs, but I can't find any sources. :um2:

Came here for the same reason!

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

most likely for best alt because she has always been nominated there when she had like big eras, she even won that award in BTD and Honeymoon eras. and Ocean Blvd has been a big era too

url%5D

10 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Twitter fan accounts are posting that Lana is nominated at the MTV EMAs, but I can't find any sources. :um2:

https://billboard.com.br/mtv-ema-2023-anitta-kevin-o-chris-e-matue-sao-indicados-veja-a-lista/

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-