Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, saith said:

I don't understand all the Jack hate here.

People saying he can only produce snoozefest haven't heard this :

:hair:

Plus the background singers (see also: Melting of the sun) give me Thunder and Summertime vibes. Hope he'll do something similar with Lana cause it works well for her as well.

I agree that COCC and NFR have similar sound but it has to be intentional (COCC sampling NFR is an obvious hint). Jack is otherwise very versatile. Can you really the following sound the same ? :

- Lana's sisters albums COCC and NFR

- Lorde's Melodrama

- St Vicent's Masseduction

- St Vicent's Daddy's Home (from what we've heard so far)

:hairflip:

Remember Lana produced an album like Honeymoon before and Video Games whitch is her breakthrough was a piano ballad. COCC wasn't surprising at all in that regard.

That being said, withJack being the producer or not, I would fancy some ultraviolencish revange album with fire.:raven:

If we get a slow album and it's as good as COCC I will still love her tough. :prettyhurts:

love we KNOW jack can produce some good stuff if he wants to like melodrama and masseduction but after 2 albums and numerous bonus songs i think it’s safe to say THAT WONT HAPPEN WITH LANA. like why do y’all still have so much hope for another jack x lana project to sound different or better when it’s clearly been downhill since nfr? he will never produce anything else than another stripped down snoozefest for her because that makes her music hOnEsT.... they just don’t fit together anymore and it’s high time to move on point blank period. and if you’re waiting for a ultraviolenceish revenge album from jack you’re going to be waiting for the rest of your life :ma:

and the DISRESPECT of comparing video games to any of those boring lifeless cocc productions.... where on earth is video games a simple piano ballad? it’s full of military drum patterns, church bells, bass, harps, violins... that song is so beautifully heavy and full production wise how could anyone compare that to the 2 poorly muffled redneck guitar strings with jack’s ugly random voice in the background of 80% of cocc’s production? :awkney:

17 minutes ago, saith said:

Lana's sisters albums COCC and NFR

Who said that? Both are their own albums with no connection unlike Evermore and Folklore. :lanasrs:

Mfhp.gif

22 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

Who said that? Both are their own albums with no connection unlike Evermore and Folklore. :lanasrs:

Lana said that :awkney:

after NFR dropped and was getting praise she said “I already feel bad for how his little sister turns out”

And it’s hard to deny that NFR and COTCC share qualities. They’re definitely sisters, not twins, but sisters 

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

after NFR dropped and was getting praise she said “I already feel bad for how his little sister turns out”

And it’s hard to deny that NFR and COTCC share qualities. They’re definitely sisters, not twins, but sisters 

a visionary cause I too feel very bad for the flop that chemtrails is (no i don’t) :hottie:

4 hours ago, Nikogo said:

No wonder COTCC is so boring :gasp:

Lana must hate us so much :lange:

Mfhp.gif

Ben & Ed busy promoting Ellie Goulding?(how is she still relevant???) And Dula Peep (ok they want to milk FN)

meanwhile never adding LDR to any playlist on spotify nothing.

I guess first borns are always forgotten

Tbvh Ben hasnt so wildly promoted LDR when she won all those awards..

Correct me if I'm mistaken. ..

He might have posted 1 story or 2..

But now a train of posts for Dua for the past 1 year o.O

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Ben & Ed busy promoting Ellie Goulding?(how is she still relevant???) And Dula Peep (ok they want to milk FN)

The thing is Lana is probably comfortable with that lack of promo, she found her market and people are going to buy and stream anyways. If she didn't like Ben & Ed's management she would have addressed it by now.

Capture.jpg

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:

The thing is Lana is probably comfortable with that lack of promo, she found her market and people are going to buy and stream anyways. If she didn't like Ben & Ed's management she would have addressed it by now.

Yes but we arent asking 1000 radio interviews or TV appearances. Or extravagant promo.

Just spotify playlists.

Searching the sad playlists u can find many Lorde/Billie/melanie/halsey...

Where is LDR?

I think it's safe to say that COCC would have done better  streamwise ( yes ik Lana is comfortable with min promo and still sells alot) if they had promoted it more. 

I think they do want more money from streams.  

15 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I think it's safe to say that COCC would have done better  streamwise ( yes ik Lana is comfortable with min promo and still sells alot) if they had promoted it more. 

It has sold tons of Vinyls though, I‘m pretty sure they are happy with COCC‘s numbers. And she also got quite some promo: Jimmy Fallon, billboards in NY and London, those airplanes in LA, BBC One interview.

44 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

you ever think maybe lana doesn’t care about being promoted? 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

6 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Change = Bartender = Yosemite

These all feel like equivalent songs on their respective albums, no?

yes!!!!! I already thought about the connection between bartender and yosemite before but I guess change has that connection too

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

37 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

They probably wanted to keep it low due to last year's controversy. Her following records will probably be more promoted

3 minutes ago, new gods said:

you ever think maybe lana doesn’t care about being promoted? 

She doesnt. 

But as a manager I'd be proud of my client and promote if they receive accolades..or just to see them do better. 

You can also perceive it as they know she is gonna sell alot of physical sales anyway so they dont care much about the streams.

They really appreciated her in the interview though...I forgot which one? Rolling Stone?

We need more of that energy for BB

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

They probably wanted to keep it low due to last year's controversy. Her following records will probably be more promoted

Yes pls. NFR level promo. Or LFL.

Every morning she went to a radio station and killed it ????

She has given alot of content this year tho. Cocc. Violet. YNWA . Summertime. And Hallucinogenics..