Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

maybe it sounds bad, but I wish they'd leak some unreleased ones like Crazy for You, Dark City and The Last Song so we'd have something "new" to listen to until March. :shh2:

they should leak a full album...

...like the Mertens version of AKA.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, honeymoonwhore said:

So, does this happen to anyone else?

When Lana puts out a new album, my favorite song right away never lasts. Like - when Chemtrails came out, my favorite was Tulsa Jesus Freak :eek: and I didn't care much for White Dress. But now it's like the complete opposite, I barely listen to TJF but the first two tracks are my favorites.

Then with Blue Banisters, when it came out, my favorite was Dealer, but nowadays I appreciate the title track and Wildflower much more... happens basically every time

I think it depends on the album for me.

LFL and Blue Banisters are the only ones that my favorite songs have changed drastically from first listen 

For LFL, I LOVED Summer Bummer, God Bless America, and didn't care for White Mustang, Get Free, and When the World Was at War. Now it's the opposite

Loved Black Bathing Suit, Dealer and didn't care for WFWF or Violets for Roses, now I love those two and don't listen to BBS or Dealer all that much

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 hours ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Então, isso acontece com mais alguém?

Quando Lana lança um novo álbum, minha música favorita nunca dura. Tipo - quando Chemtrails saiu, meu favorito era Tulsa Jesus Freak  :eek:e eu não ligava muito para White Dress. Mas agora é completamente o oposto, eu mal ouço TJF, mas as duas primeiras faixas são minhas favoritas.

Depois com Blue Banisters, quando saiu, minha favorita era Dealer, mas hoje em dia aprecio muito mais a faixa-título e Wildflower...

Have you ever noticed that the songs with the longest longevity are the ones that take the longest to link with us on the first listens? Lana's catchiest songs on each album are so much fun at first, but in the end, what sticks with me isn't Cherry and Cinnamon Girl, but Change and Hope. 

-

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

All the LDR Reddit does now is ask others to "rate my top ten!" - I have the sudden urge to call them all trash. Imagine wanting validation that bad. That isn't even a fun game. She needs to release another song to get them to stop :azealia:

Anyways, stream Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd? 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

All the LDR Reddit does now is ask others to "rate my top ten!" - I have the sudden urge to call them all trash. Imagine wanting validation that bad. That isn't even a fun game. She needs to release another song to get them to stop :azealia:

Anyways, stream Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd? 

There’s always been something off about Reddit Lana stans to me lol :horror:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

1 minute ago, Furor Poeticus said:

We're nuts and have our issues, but something is in the water over there. :awk:

I think WCE is one of Lana's worst songs, but it has been hitting hard for me lately. Why does she do this to me :lange:

32 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

true bestie, I just had to quit reddit tbh. I think that's because people are know-it-alls and the Lana sub in particular is filled with UV 2.0 typa people:tanisha:

14 hours ago, terrenceszyou said:

Have you ever noticed that the songs with the longest longevity are the ones that take the longest to link with us on the first listens? Lana's catchiest songs on each album are so much fun at first, but in the end, what sticks with me isn't Cherry and Cinnamon Girl, but Change and Hope. 

I think it depends on a lot of things obviously, but most certainly with her last 2 albums - most of the fans we so fixated on Dealer bc it was different and it was easier to listen to (even though, you know she says she doesn't want to live lol), but it's lyrically not very dense, like WFWF or Textbook

But yeah totally, her most reflexive songs are the ones that age like wine :agree: 

but idk I just love cinnamon girl so much, the lyrics are loaded imo :legend:probably just because of my personal experiences though

14 hours ago, terrenceszyou said:

the way everyone latched onto dealer when BB came out and now i'm seeing a lot more praise for WFWF (as it deserves!)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

9 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the way everyone latched onto dealer when BB came out and now i'm seeing a lot more praise for WFWF (as it deserves!)

Dealer is so cool. For some reason, I interpret it as a response to the "I wish I was dead" polemics. She got so tired of explaining it, that she finally let out that sentence "I don't wanna live" but already screaming.
Along with this album, there were BBS and Arcadia talking about other controversies, and I wonder what would become of BB if they didn't have so many unreleaseds there. Will we finally see it in ldr9?