Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

34 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

you know i always fucking hated this song (the lyrics are too dumb to live, idk cocaine is the one drug i'm judgmental about) but the instrumental came up in my playlist the other day and now i'm thinking it's kind good...but no lana is not doing babydoll vocals in her late 30s/40s thank god

The instrumental is great, but the lyrics are too obvious tbh :awkney: like, my 15 year old ass loved this song, and even I, an innocent child, could understand what it was about.

Very this energy  

Spoiler

Picture memes gYnISFQ77 by marxvalente12: 1 comment - ) | Lana del rey memes,  Lana del rey, Memes

8 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

The instrumental is great, but the lyrics are too obvious tbh :awkney: like, my 15 year old ass loved this song, and even I, an innocent child, could understand what it was about.

Very this energy  

Reveal hidden contents

Picture memes gYnISFQ77 by marxvalente12: 1 comment - ) | Lana del rey memes,  Lana del rey, Memes

I feel like Florida Kilos, Carmen, Fucked My Way Up to the Top, and Lolita are songs that I loved when I was an edgy tumblr kid way too young to be on tumblr, but that now just sound too silly/on the nose/try-hard as an adult that they’re kinda hard to listen to without cringing lmfao

8 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Very this energy  

Reveal hidden contents

i relate to this a bit too hard :awkney:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Not this Florida kilos slander

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

I feel like Florida Kilos, Carmen, Fucked My Way Up to the Top, and Lolita are songs that I loved when I was an edgy tumblr kid way too young to be on tumblr, but that now just sound too silly/on the nose/try-hard as an adult that they’re kinda hard to listen to without cringing lmfao

All these songs are so fun

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i was OBSESSED with carmen and lolita when i was younger they’re all i played. i cant listen to most of btd now unless i’m in the mood. it’s a very childish album to me, super dated and stuck in 2012 tumblr. unlike the rest of her albums which feel timeless 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

9 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

there's not a lot of songs that i feel like i'm too "mature" for, but the album version of lolita is just not for me anymore :derpna2:

2 minutes ago, Frostitute said:

The album version never was for me tbh…the demo on the other hand 

most of btd i actually prefer the demos of and i rarely listen to the actual album anymore :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

there's not a lot of songs that i feel like i'm too "mature" for, but the album version of lolita is just not for me anymore :derpna2:

That 5 Lolitas (basically all the versions of the song layered) really ruined the album version for me. It slaps SO HARD :smokes:

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

most of btd i actually prefer the demos of and i rarely listen to the actual album anymore :bebe:

i love born to die, i really do think that it's a timeless album which will still be popular in 2050, but some of the demos may be better, i definitely prefer the demos for lolita, as well as million dollar man, i'd say the lucky ones demo is more enjoyable for me, i feel like the sound of lolita demo 1/4 could still fit the album, but i can understand why they decided to strip-down lucky ones

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

It lowkey upsets me when I see fans saying they disliked COCC, BB or even NFR. I know some of you have gripes about vocals or production, more technical things like that - and I definitely have felt like some of the material hasn't been *my speed* but I can't bring myself to call any of her recent output legitimately "bad", Lana has her styles that she sticks to and while I may find some songs more interesting than others, I think all of her songs are very pretty but I am likely biased

I think perhaps in some ways the fan base has out grown Lana or Lana herself has out grown her fanbase. She is aging (and I don't mean this in a negative context) and maturing and the lyrics and sound have reflected that. I mean there's still some fans who are hoping for a BTD return to form or still have BTD+P high in album & song rankings and I get those were great eras but I think that too is reflective of how Lana has maybe out grown some of the fans she retained from those albums, but you guys are still here and I think that's lovely. You don't have to like everything an artist does surely and to critique it is quite fun sometimes too

I can say for myself I hardly revisit COCC and when I do it's the same tracks (WAH, WD, DBJAG) but I think it gets a bad rep, or the people who dislike it are very vocal because I think it's 50/50 split in the fanbase and you either love it or hate it. I'm going to try and make a more conscious effort to stream it and listen to those songs because I really think the album will get better with time and fans will grow to appreciate it more ala Honeymoon.

BUT I did absolutely loved BB and still frequent it these days, I think it's showcased some of her most delicate and transparent lyrical moments of her career and I am so grateful she decided to share those songs. Title track, WW, BBS, Beautiful, Living Legend, Text Book, Cherry Blossom...all immaculate beautiful tracks with so much emotion and heart in them. It's not fair this album gets critiqued quite a bit for having youtube rip leaks like it's not fair someone leaked all of her material and she really loved those songs and so do we so I am happy they were attached to a project that I felt was rather cohesive and really was like she was telling a story with the track list and it's like UV's more hopeful sister in a way.

Just my random thoughts. Lana is an amazing songwriter and she has been doing this for so long! I trust and more importantly respect her artistic vision and decisions. I will always be a listener.

23 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

It lowkey upsets me when I see fans saying they disliked COCC, BB or even NFR. I know some of you have gripes about vocals or production, more technical things like that - and I definitely have felt like some of the material hasn't been *my speed* but I can't bring myself to call any of her recent output legitimately "bad", Lana has her styles that she sticks to and while I may find some songs more interesting than others, I think all of her songs are very pretty but I am likely biased

I think perhaps in some ways the fan base has out grown Lana or Lana herself has out grown her fanbase. She is aging (and I don't mean this in a negative context) and maturing and the lyrics and sound have reflected that. I mean there's still some fans who are hoping for a BTD return to form or still have BTD+P high in album & song rankings and I get those were great eras but I think that too is reflective of how Lana has maybe out grown some of the fans she retained from those albums, but you guys are still here and I think that's lovely. You don't have to like everything an artist does surely and to critique it is quite fun sometimes too

I can say for myself I hardly revisit COCC and when I do it's the same tracks (WAH, WD, DBJAG) but I think it gets a bad rep, or the people who dislike it are very vocal because I think it's 50/50 split in the fanbase and you either love it or hate it. I'm going to try and make a more conscious effort to stream it and listen to those songs because I really think the album will get better with time and fans will grow to appreciate it more ala Honeymoon.

BUT I did absolutely loved BB and still frequent it these days, I think it's showcased some of her most delicate and transparent lyrical moments of her career and I am so grateful she decided to share those songs. Title track, WW, BBS, Beautiful, Living Legend, Text Book, Cherry Blossom...all immaculate beautiful tracks with so much emotion and heart in them. It's not fair this album gets critiqued quite a bit for having youtube rip leaks like it's not fair someone leaked all of her material and she really loved those songs and so do we so I am happy they were attached to a project that I felt was rather cohesive and really was like she was telling a story with the track list and it's like UV's more hopeful sister in a way.

Just my random thoughts. Lana is an amazing songwriter and she has been doing this for so long! I trust and more importantly respect her artistic vision and decisions. I will always be a listener.

Well said! It's not meant to be mean or support the forum being an echo chamber of nothing but positive, cult like feedback. However, I think it's important to acknowledge that it's okay to outgrow an artist! It happens all the time, but holding them to the standards of albums they released a decade ago to today is unrealistic

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.